Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Spring Atlanta area Plant Trade: April 21 2007

Posted by girlgroupgirl 8 Atlanta (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 18, 07 at 21:26

This will be the beginning of the trade list.
Please feel free to list what you have, when you find you have it available. You can also add links to your trade page if you have one. Make sure you list a few wants too!!

Trade: At girlgroupgirl's home in East Atlanta. You will recieve an email when you post here about the trade. Please do not email me privately, I will send the email to you. It will have the address and anything else you need to know. Please do not share this with anyone else, since it is a home address.

Date: April 21st, 2007

Time: 11 am (we have people who come a long way, they need drive time!!)

GGG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Spring Atlanta area Plant Trade: April 21 2007

I am sure you all think we are EATING ferns, but I want more,more,more! As of now, I don't know what we will have to trade; out garden looks VERY bleak right now... Good news! The neighbor who, as my daughter says,"got lost in a cement statue lot and had to buy his way out"has moved, and taken most of his ugly statuary with him!(He had about 10 pieces,not as focal points, just THERE!

o

I rreeeaalllyyy would love to have some double brugs (and/or single any red or purple.) I'll take cuttings too. PLLLeeeaazzz. Let me know what you are looking for or provide me your trade list.

Lindabeth, I have Leatherleaf Fern. If interested, let me know.

o

I am also looking for lilacs. If you have to trade, please let me know. THanks.

o

I am looking for various vines to grow along my fence. I have areas from sun to shade, but am especially looking for things that can grow in partial shade that won't mind wet feet in the winter. I really need almost any nice looking vine that is not invasive. I would especially love some Tangerine Beauty Crossvine and some climbing hydrangea.

o

vnginger~~~YES! we are interested!Right now the only thing of which we can be sure to trade is hostas and nandinas!!

o

Kathy, how about Jessamine, yellow spring blooming? I may have some. I often have some coming up. I also might have some confederate jasmine. I don't know what kind of fence you have. The Climbing Hydrangea needs to adhere itself to something so it's fine on wood but not good for chain link.

GGG

o

GGG, I have a split rail fence with the wire fencing so it has some wood, I thought if I plant it at the base of the posts it could grow up the posts and hopefully spread out on the rails a little. I would love some confederate jasmine as well as the Jessamine.

o

Kathy, if you can find yourself a yellow bleeding heart vine, do it. I'll look on Monday at a local nursery when I go (sometimes they have them). These look FANTASTIC on a low fence like yours. My friend has one in part-shade and it is gorgeous. Blooms all season long non-stop and will take some winter moisture at roots. Not a lot though, but some. Mine is already coming back.

GGG

o

Okay GGG now I have to have one of those yellow bleeding heart vines if you find one please let me know. Have you tried rooting cuttings from your friend's? Does anyone have one of these they could root for me?

o

Kathy, I have this vine. I've been hoping it would spread a bit but it never has from the root. Apparently you can grow it from cuttings, however, mine have never taken. It grows from seed too, however, again, mine has never re-seeded. Neither has my friends! I grow mine up a downspout which has been trellised with chicken wire and just painted to match the trim on the house. Works great. Beautiful vine.

I'm home sick today, but I will get to that nursery. It's in walking distance and I think my friend bought her vine there. I'll let you know if I find one.

o

Plants I have to trade:
Achillea (yarrow - white)
Agastache
Crocosmia (orange and red)
Cutleaf Coneflower
Hellebores
Helianthus angustifolius (Swamp Sunflower)
Hosta (Alba marginata and many others I don't know)
Liriope muscari (Big Blue)
Persicaria (Red Dragon)
Rudbeckia fulgida (I think)
Saponaria
Solidago (Goldenrod - fireworks)

Plants I am looking for:
Common Thyme
Stoke's aster (Stokesia laevis)
Sunny Border Blue Veronica or a blue Sage
Spider Lily (Hymenocallis caroliniana)
Devil's Bit/Fairy Wand (Chamaelirium luteum)
Echinacea purpurea 'Fragrant Angel'
Purple Coneflower
Gulf Muhly grass

Pam

o

• Posted by janen z8 Atlanta (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 10, 07 at 7:54

I'm also looking for vines to grow on my fence. Part of it is in the shade and part in the sun, so just about anything would grow but I don't want anything invasive. The yellow bleeding heart does sound wonderful. Please let me know also where to find one. I have some iris, roses, heleborus, oregano, yarrow, and a LOT of other stuff that I will get together before the trade.

o

I have just relocated here from Austin (Texas) and have a huge, totally bare yard (not even grass in the back
Could I attend just to learn what will really grow here?

o

Daisy88,

YES! We'd love to meet you.

We'll probably be having lunch; maybe you could bring a covered dish to contribute to that?

o

Best laid plans,and all that stuff! Just found out we will miss the spring trade!Waahh! Hubby will be out of town on a business trip!

o

OK, folks. We need to have the plant trade limited from 11am-1 pm at the latest. I have a garden lecture to give beginning at 2 pm. Sorry, but I gotta squeeze in the work hours during the spring, Saturdays are the busiest season!
Anyway, I think we can do it. You all can certainly come before 11. I'm usually all set up by 9am anyway!

GGG

o

Greetings all. I have little to trade this year as I have yet to start very many seeds. However, I do have:

Nikko Blue Hydrangea (a few)
Splianthes acmella (toothache plant)

Gomphrena (strawberry and regular purple variety)
Amarylis (Hippeastrum, Orange Soveriegn) 4 small plants which require one more year of growth to bloom
Agave Americana (three plants)
Purple Hyacinth Bean Vine (4 so far)
Liriope (Big Blue)
Society Garlic (nice blooms)
Native Oat Grass (perennial)Chasmanthium latifolium? 3-4
Ornamental Peppers (Tabasco Variety with white, orange, purple and red fruit colors with purple leaves)
A couple of Pink(hopefully) Angel Trumpets that I have grown from seeds this winter and possibly a couple of rooted Serissa Foetida (a pink snow variety I think)

Plants I want:
Elephant ears of any type
and of course, Sedum (Autumn Joy)

I will also take any intersting perennials and vines you have for partial shade or divisions of Lillies of the Valley

o

Vroomp, pls. for gomphrena of both types. If I get any el. ears returning (which I expect I should have several types) they will be yours.

GGG

o

Vroomp, if you have any more purple gomphrena, I would like some, please. I have a native red trumpet sort of vine, if that sounds interesting. I think I can get you some Lilies of the Valley, too.
Thanks,
Pam

o
RE: WANTED: Climbing Yellow Bleeding Heart

• Posted by janen z8 Atlanta (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 19, 07 at 9:58

Hello girlgroupgirl. Would you please email me if you find a source for the climbing yellow bleeding heart? Or anyone else out there that knows of a local source for it. That sounds so perfect for my fence. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

o

Here are a few things I have so far--

Miscanthus zebra grass
white butterfly ginger
purple butterfly bush
peter pan agapanthus
lysimachia golden creeping jenny
Variegated Hostas
Ajuga Burgundy glow
Ajuga Bronze Beauty (tons of this)
Ajuga Chocolate Chip
Daylily Stella d oro
Hardy Ageratum
Myosotis
Forsythia
Golden Oregano
Hardy Ice Plant
Mother of Thyme
Lime Thyme
Lemon Thyme
Wooly Thyme
pennyroyal
various ground cover sedums (about 6 different kinds)
Balloon Flowers
chocolate mint
Verbena Bonaris
Rose Campion seedlings
Homestead Verbena
purple knockout sage seedlings
red bee balm

As I think of more I will add them later.

I would like--

any cool groundcovers not mentioned above.
any non invasive cool vines good for covering a split rail fence, I have part of it in various degrees of sunshine so anything would work.

roses I want--
westerland
Clotilde Soupert
Gourmet Popcorn
Phyllis Bide
Buff Beauty
any disease resistant (no-spray) fabulous rose please.

Daffodils and other late spring perennials and bulbs (no tulips please)

(hey look my have list is finally longer than my want list.)

o

Kathy, I will throw in a cutting of Westerland and see if I can get it going. This climbs. It is not 100% disease resistant. It can loose leaves but they come back very quickly and it will flower again.

I will pot up more daffs for you. I have more doubles.

I would be interested in chocolate mint, and some zebra grass, please.

GGG

o

Hey everyone! Alot still hasn't broken dormancy yet so I always hesitate to list those until later. Here's what I have so far for trade:

Forsythia (lots of rooted cuttings)
Ron Deal Verbena
Limelight Artemesia
Rosemary (rooted cuttings)
Ryan's Pink Mum
Mixed Balloon Flower (pink, blue & white cuttings but none are labeled unfortunately)
Bridalwreath Spirea
'Nanho Blue' Butterfly Bush (rooted cuttings)
'White Profusion' Butterfly Bush (rooted cuttings)
'Black Knight' Butterfly Bush (rooted cuttings)
'Honeycomb' Butterfly Bush (rooted cuttings)
'Pink Delight' Butterfly Bush (rooted cuttings -- is more lavender than pink)
'Royal Red' Butterfly Bush (rooted cuttings -- is more magenta than red)
'Pink Princess' Weigelia (rooted cuttings)
'Tardiva' Pink PeeGee Hydrangea (rooted cuttings -- blooms white than fades to pink)
'Orange Perfection' Phlox (rooted cutting -- this is more of a salmon color despite its name)
'Navajo Bright Red' Salvia (rooted cuttings)
Boxleaf Euonymus (rooted cuttings)
'Boulevard' Blue False Cypress (rooted cuttings)

Daylilies:
Chorus Line
Leebea Orange Crush
Louise Mannelis
Pandora's Box
Pardon Me
President Betty Williams
Sammy Russell
Stella De Oro
Strawberry Candy
Wild Horses
Winsome Lady

Next group of daylilies I don't have many extras:
Condilla
Darius
Eruption
Little Cadet
Plum Perfect
Red Rum
Royal Garnet
Siloam June Bug
Tuscawilla Tigress
Unknown peach w/red eye
May have more varieties available too

Plants I'm looking for:
roses or rose cuttings (will try most any but especially looking for a yellow climber called 'Golden Showers')
Flowering Quince (any colors)
False Cypress (Golden Hinoki, Cripssii, Kerdalo, Nana Lutea
Blue Star Juniper
Gold Star Juniper
Pink or bi-colored Bearded Iris
Bright Rose or Red Centranthus
Foxglove
Hollyhocks (doubles or singles)
Verbascum
Tall Phlox (other than white, Franz Schubert or Orange Perfection)
Clematis (other than Jackmanii, Nike Warsaw, Dr. Ruppel & sweet autumn)
Hydrangea or cuttings (any I don't already have -- please e-mail me for list)
Purple Astilbe
Named Hosta Varieties
Alstroemeria
Different Heuchera varieties
Named Dahlia Varieties
Pink Baby's Breath
Named Daylilies I don't currently have (please e-mail me for list)
Azaleas (pink, white and/or red shades)
Named dwarf Japanese Maples

Non-plant material needed:
Concrete Mason Blocks
Scrap treated lumber
Used Split-rail and/or stockade fencing (will remove for you at your convenience)

Will update this list as more plants break through.
Sincerely, Danielle

o

Hey Squirrley. I was wondering if you were coming.
I would like some Ron Deal Verbena and pink princess wigelia.

I can get you a rooted division of white flowering quince. This grows into a very LARGE shrub that will flower many times a season.

You may have a few of my cement blocks. I may also have more left over by the time the trade comes, since they will use block for the foundation on the new stairwell addition. You will be free to take as many as you like - please!

I have LOADS of roses. Pls. email me I'll see if I can dig out a list. It might be a partial list outta my head. I also have rooted roses, although I can't guarentee what they will be when they bloom - Squirrels keep kicking out the tags :)

GGG

o

Hey Glynis! Yep, my mom and I wouldn't miss it. I'll set the Ron Deal verbena & Weigelia aside for you. And I would love the white quince and cement blocks. I guess that settles the decision of whether to bring the car or the truck lol. I'll e-mail you about the roses too.

Pam -- I'll look around tomorrow, I may have some extra 'Sunny Border Blue' Veronica for you. Many of my tags faded out so some plants/varieties are still a mystery this early in the season.

Squirrellypete

o

Hi squirrellypete,

Would you be interested in trading a "Ron Deal" Verbena and a "Wild Horses" Daylily for a small division of the traditional coral color Quince and a "Cinnamon Girl" Bearded Iris?

Thanks,
Danita

o

Hi Danita. Absolutely! That sounds good to me.

Squirrellypete

o

I do not have much "new" to trade this spring, sorry! I may however have some unusual vegetables so we'll see how things come along this next month. If you are interested in asian, italian or heirloom veg please email me to discuss.

I will have some annuals, and:

sedum Angelina
Sedum tetractinum
Sedum: Kamschatca Stonecrop (which is, I think the mystery sedum I have been sharing around)

canna lilies. Probably red stripe. As they come along, I will know better what they are (they have been potted for a year). The foliage makes great contrast in the garden.

Heirloom bearded iris: this is the fairly common iris, which is almost totally purple with some yellow inside. Smells like grape koolaid. This is the 2nd iris to bloom in my garden (it's blooming now) so nice and early. Makes a quick clump and makes loads of flowers.

Salvia guaranitica: this is royal blue flowering all summer. Hummer magnet!

Clumping Bamboo: I guarentee this is a clumper because we've been here for 10 years and it hasn't spread very much. Especially handy for the sloping hillside.

Chinese "Snowball Bush" I do not know exactly what kind this is. It prefers a sunnier site (at least AM sun) and will grow tall for a shrub. Will layer itself. I have a really nice size size if anyone would like it (layered itself off of the mother plant)

House Plants: I have some common houseplants which are good for filling pots and baskets - like devils Ivy. Also have a few christmas cactus which bloom pink.

Monkey Grass: I have a few bags of it which will only be available to anyone who previously arranges they want it.

Variegated evergreen small leaf ivy or "curly" ivy: Great for perennial containers and window boxes. Will only have available for anyone who previously arranges they want it. Not to be put in the ground, please!

I am interested in finding:

Nandina Domestica - I would particularly like the common variety, some smaller plants and some of "good size" if you can dig them out and have no need. That troublesome slope could use them!

1 red leaf barberry. I have on already. I'd like a pair.

Broken plates (not correlle) - break any china between now and the trade, please bag it up and bring it. I can use it for my mosaics. Or bring any old dishes you think are hiddeously ugly or you will never use. The older the better. I am particularly fond of things from the 50's or 60's or very busy patterns and bold colors.

Mahonia: once again, I need more mahonia for our slope. My new neighbor and I are going to try and get rid of the weedy "shrub" border between our houses and I am in charge of beginning to fill it in. Rather a shady area.

Plain green aucuba. I do not need any more variegated, thank-you.

Unusual succulents (do not have to be hardy), but not cactus. Vroomp has endowed us with many cactus already :)

I will post more "haves" as I see them coming up.

GGG

o

I have some hummingbird feeders I'll be bringing. They are in the style of stained glass decoratives; I found them on a clearance rack at Pike's, to be honest, so cheaply I couldn't pass them up. I think I have 4 or 5 of them, one of which is truly enormous. Hummingbirds never come to my house, unfortunately, so I might as well trade them for something I can use. Or even give them away. If I have time, I'll try to take pictures and post them before the trade day.

I've also got a few white metal and glass miniature greenhousey kind of things that I bought at Hill Street Warehouse a few years ago, with the intention of making little terrariums inside. That would have been beautiful but of course I never did it. Anyone interested in these? They are just gathering dust and every time I look at them I feel guilty.

What I could really use, instead of these fancy things that I keep buying and then not using, are very large plastic pots. 10 gallon and larger, the kind that trees come in. I need these for planting herbs in to imbed on the hillside in our new community garden. I could also make good use of used lumber that is at least 12 inches wide x 1 inch and 8 to 12 feet long. Untreated would be best, as we'll use them to make the sides of vegetable garden beds in our community garden. We can also use 2' or 3' long wooden and rebar stakes to hold the sides of the beds up.

Also I'm interested this year in any herb plants, again for the community garden, and would be very happy to accept donations of kitchen waste (coffee grounds, vegetable clippings, etc) for our community garden compost pile.

I'll be looking through the plants in my driveway before the trade and will post anything that I can't use. This really should be the year I either get things into the ground or get rid of them!

Here's a link to our community garden website, in case anyone is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Circle Community Garden Website

o

Debbie, I may have some wood for you. At least one good piece. I may have some rebar too. I will have some herbs - I just planted a load of purple opal basil today. I have the start of stuff for compost. Winter vegetables gone to seed etc. I'll bag that up for you when the time comes. I'm sure I'll have more.
Let me ask if I can get you tree pots. I asked before but the fellow keeps forgetting to bring them around.

GGG

o

A couple more things to add:
1 Butteryfly Bush (white)
1 Loropetalum (Razzleberry?)

I've started these seeds:
Basil Spicy Globe Bush
Agastache "Apricot Sprite"

Westender, if the Basil makes it, I'll be happy to bring you some.

Thanks, Squirrellypete for looking for that Veronica!

If anyone has any of the Echinacea "Big Sky" Series, I'm interested. Particularly "Sundown" or "Sunrise."

o

GGG I have some interesting succulents for you. They are not hardy but, are easily kept over winter. They reproduce quickly and tolerate the driest areas. They may grow as high as 4 feet but take to pinching quite well. They have striking mottled leaves with deep serations. I also have few small Standard Nandinas I can bring you. I would be interested in that Snowball you have.

Pam, if noone has spoken for that Loropetalum I would like it please. Let me know if I have anything you want listed. I don't have anything on your list currently but may have some Purple Coneflowers by trade time for you.

o

Really looking forward to this - haven't been to one in a long time.
Thanks for putting this together!
How can I get on your e-mail list?

Thanks!
Brenda

o

Have list:
- Monarda - small but plenty of them, bloom and fruit well, birds love)
- Holly (not sure if male or female, small)
- Lemon Balm
- Fern (woodland, walking type? volunteer)
- Chocolate Mint
- Bradford Pear
- Hyndranga (lt. blue, florist type, blooms a lot, good size)
- Nandina (not dwarf, native, good size)
- Elephant ears (species variety, collected 2 bulbs in FL 5 years ago and they are terrific, about 4 feet high) if you want a lot, contact me in advance.
- Plates for breaking, nice patterns
- white iris
- sedum - (heirloom, starts champagne - turns rose pink, a good grower)

I may have seed for silver dollar plants - bienneal

These are available by request, let me know, I have plenty:
- English Ivy
- Liriope (lavender flower, green leaves)
- Violet (white, purple, some speckled)

I see many things that people have I be happy to have.

Did I hear covered dish?

Wish list:
- Rudebekia
- Echinacea
- ferns
- forsythia
- ice plant
- canna lilies
- bamboo - clumping
- curly ivy
- ground covers (not vinca)
- blue salvia
- crepe myrtle
- day lilies

o

Vroomp,
The loropetalum is all yours. I'd like some of your purple gomphrena. Please. :)
Pam

o

Vroomp, the snowball is yours.

Brenda, you are now on the mailing list. I will try to send out emails to everyone who has posted here, next week.
Brenda, I have for you - rudbeckia, at least one kind, canna lilies - most likely red stripe, clumping bamboo, curly ivy, blue salvia - possibly two different types. Both are royal blue. One is a spring blooming ground cover, the other is that tall, gorgeous blue salvia that blooms all summer long!

We are doing a covered dish brunch.

GGG

o

I am going to calendar this event and hope I can come. But as people who know me know, I may not be able to. I will confirm with everyone below right before the date.

I have a rooted Veilchenblau rose that I promised to somebody last year but can't remember who; I delivered Carmen's to her but the other one was for... squirrellypete?

Speaking of which, I have Golden Showers rose, squirrellypete, and I will bring cuttings.

I have several canna Tropicana, and I can bring one for bkbdesign. I wouldn't mind a small holly - anykind, chinese, native, evergreen or deciduous.

Kathyga, I am thinking of taking out my Marie Pavie rose. It is pretty disease resistant, and is compact. But it's crowding an english boxwood that I want to have grow better, and it doesn't smell nearly as good as I supposed it would. Let me know if you would like this and in exchange I would like zebra grass (is this the tall, horizontal striped miscanthus zebrinus?).

Otherwise, kathyga, I do have a few fabulous disease-resistant roses and can bring you cuttings or even try to make a rooted cutting (though at this late date not sure it would take): Apothecary Rose, Duchesse de Brabant, Sally Holmes, Felicia, Veilchenblau, and the most disease resistant, Cramoisie Superieur. The most black-spot prone but maybe because it's in too much shade (I'm moving it) is Maggie. If anyone wants cuttings of any of these let me know.

Also I have variegated ampelopsis (porcelain vine) and I'm sure will have plenty of passionvine volunteers. Those two vines are awesome but both kathyga and jenans said "not invasive" and these are borderline so let me know.

Pam, I have Stokes Aster, and I will pot one up for you. Let me know if your Apricot Sprite Agastache seedlings do well and we could trade that.

I would love to see everyone and everything!
Rose

o

Hi Rosie! I checked last year's swap list and that was me about the Veilchenblau rose -- I'd forgotten all about it so I'm glad you remembered. And I am psyched about the Golden Showers cuttings. My mother had this in another house when I was little and it was gorgeous and vigorous despite our lack of rose knowledge. Don't know if there are newer better yellow climbers out there after all these years but we couldn't beat that one at the time -- brings back good memories.

Anything from my list you'd like? Squirrellypete

o

Rose, I have your spirea. It has been going great guns.

GGG

o

Squirrellypete, if you still have a rooted cutting of the tardiva hydrangea, that would be lovely.

Glynis, thanks and I'm soooo glad!!! But I will need to figure out how to get you some nandina -- I've read they can be divided in half so I will pull up the one I've got and hope that works. Will also keep an eye out for cool plates.

take care, Rose

o

Well, as usual I want more than I have to offer but here's the list. Let me know if there is anything you would like:

Squirelly Pete -- noticed you want an Alstromeria. Would you like to trade a Forsythia or Pink Princess Weigelia? Just let me know.

Have
Alstromeria
Orange Crocomesia
Strawberry Begonia
Nandina - I can dig up if anyone wants
Will re-post with a few others that I can't remember the names of.

Want
Daisy -- Becky or Shasta
Forsythia
Elephant ears
Ferns
Anything shade and anything for cut flowers

o

LucyAtlanta -- I've got plenty of rooted Forsythias & Pink Princess Weigelia to share. I'll bring you both and would love an Alstroemeria.

Rosie -- I've got a Tardiva Hydrangea for you.

Thank you both. Squirrellypete

o

Rose, I would love your Marie Pavie and a Veilchenblau cutting if you can start one would be awesome, I can just not plant it until it is well rooted. I would love any and all cuttings you can give me from disease resistant roses (I do not spray) I have a lot of pinks so only fabulous pinks please, so I can save room for others. I can definitely bring you some Zebra grass (yes it is the miscanthus zebrinus) is there anything else you would like?

BKdesign I can bring your forsythia and ice plant for Holly and white iris please

GGG could I get some sedum Angelina please? Is there anything else on my list I can bring for it? I think I have already given you all of my succulents.

Danielle, I would love any of the following--
Ron Deal Verbena
Ryan's Pink Mum
Bridalwreath Spirea
'Tardiva' Pink PeeGee Hydrangea
'Orange Perfection' Phlox
Daylilies:
Wild Horses (my 6 year old is a horse freak so she would love to have this one)
Condilla
Eruption
Tuscawilla Tigress
For you--
rose cuttings I could bring(I can try and start some for you or bring fresh cuttings if you would prefer) Lady Banks Yellow, Knock Out Pink (not the pale pink) Knock Out Original, Carefree Sunshine.
Named Hosta Varieties I will have to wait a week or so to see which ones look big enough to divide for you, then I'll let you know.
Different Heuchera varieties I have quite a few varieties of these but have not yet propagated any of them, do you recommend a particular method, or I can just look it up. I'll have to look at what I have and get back to you but should be able to give you several newer ones.
Named Daylilies--please send me your list, so I
can see what I have that I haven't already given you. Or is there anything I posted earlier that you are interested in?

Ok I am sure I am missing something, but I need to get to bed.

o
RE: WANTED: Spring Atlanta Plant Trade: April 21 2007

Ok I did forget something.

Danielle I also have azaleas that I could take cuttings of for you. I have George Tabors, Christmas Cheer, Autumn Angel, and another pink variety whose name is escaping me right now.

o

Hi Kathy --

I am already out of last year's rooted Ron Deal Verbenas but I will take new cuttings this week that will hopefully be rooted by trade. I also need to double check on the Condilla daylilies to see how many are left. Everything else you wanted I will definitely bring you.

I'd love rose cuttings from any of the varieties you mentioned except the original Knockout and it doesn't matter to me whether you try to root them or bring fresh. Same goes for any of the azaleas except for Autumn Angel.

The few heucheras I have aren't that big and I've never divided them before so I couldn't advise you on that. Maybe someone else here might give some advice? I currently have an unknown green-leafed variety with red flowers, Plum Pudding and Palace Purple. Looking for any other varieties.

I look forward to hearing about your hosta and I'll e-mail you about the daylilies too!

Squirrellypete

o

Hi lucyatlanta,

What kind(or color) are your Alstroemeria?

Thanks,
Danita

o

LucyAtlanta, I would love some nandinas. I can get some Becky daisies for you, and do you want annuals for cutting. I have some zinnias and cosmos started and will start some more. Also today am starting loads of marigolds that are the shorter types but still excellent for cutting. Will have strawflowers too. I always have plenty for cut flowers for anyone who wants them!
Do you have the perennial cutleaf coneflower? I have many thanks to Kathy, they are also nice for cutting. They do spread, but not hard to keep under control.

GGG

o

Kathy, sedum angelina is yours. Do you have any that have red leaves?

Does anyone have a dwarf burning bush? I would like one for the new front shrub area for fall color.

Am also looking for any very dwarfish shrubs.

GGG

o

Rose,
Thanks for the Stoke's Aster. I'll keep you informed on the Agastache.

Squirrellypete,
I think I have a foxglove I can bring you. Nice size.
Pam

o

Hello All,

GGG- Did you get my gardenweb email about veggies?

nosyrosie - I'd love try rooting a few cuttings of Roses: Duchesse de Brabant, Veilchenblau, and Cramoisie Superieur. Out of curiosity, are you the same nosyrosie that's on the ATML?

vnginger - Would you like a cutting of a Tiara cross seedling? It looks a lot like Tiara with creamy white petite blossoms that smell like lemon cookies. Mine has stayed on the smaller side so it would probably be a good patio brug.

kathyga_z7 & janen - I can TRY to root some Coral Honeysuckle (Lonicera sempervirens) and wild yellow/ rusty colored Bignonia if you like. Are you interested in any annual vines?

bkdesign - I can get you some Rudbeckia and Dwarf Yellow Canna if you like.

lucyatlanta - I should be able to get you some Shasta Daisy. I don't know the variety though.

If anyone is interested in Rudbeckia, Dwarf Yellow Canna, Ox Eye Daisy, Regular Orange Daylily, or Old fashioned purple Bearded Iris let me know by this Thursday at the latest.

I'll post a trade list a little later! :)
Danita

o

Danita, I would love to have the Tiara. Thank you :) I will compose my list & post soon. Please let me know what you would like.

GGG - I'd love to have Snow Ball. Can you start one for me plz? I'd also love to have some STriped cannas, and clumping bamboo. (plz look at my have list later...)

squirrellypete, Can i have the T Pink hyndrangea or cuttings... also like the butterfly bushes since i do not have any. (if ok, please let me know what u want after i post my have list...)

I am still looking for lilacs & winter hazel.

Will post my have/want list soon. Thanks. tc

o

Hi Pam. I'd love a fox glove =)

Vnginger -- I've got a Tardiva hydrangea for you and butterfly bushes. Any particular colors/varieties of BBs you prefer or would you just like a mix?

Squirrellypete

o
RE: WANTED: Spring Trade

Kathy, did you receive the e-mail I sent about the daylilies? There is no rush on a reply, I just wanted to make sure you got it since I sent it through Gardenweb.

Also, I do have Condilla daylily for you.

Squirrellypete

o

GGG,

How small would a dwarf burning bush be? I have a small burning bush that my parents brought me from Ohio a couple of years ago; it's growing in a small pot (3 gallon, I think, 5 at the most). It is about 2 feet tall. They say that in Ohio it dies down to the ground every winter, but in my driveway pot the leaves just fall off after turning a brilliant red. Otherwise it's a pretty undistinctive little plant, and since I haven't found a place to put it into the ground if you'd like to have it you're welcome to it. I can always get them to bring me more if I figure out where I want to put some. In searching posts about burning bush on gardenweb, it seems it is considered an invasive plant, but the one I have in the pot doesn't seem to be growing very fast. Maybe it would in enriched soil in the ground, though.

I've also got a sedum of some kind that has red leaves. It's pretty slow-growing and I don't know its name, but I'll be happy to bring a piece of it if you want it. The leaves are very small. It's one that shows up late in the spring, doesn't look very lifelike during the winter. And I've got it in a small pot, so perhaps if it were in the ground it, too, would spread and do better.

Debbie

o

Okay vnginger, I'll try to get it started for you. Just to be clear, it is not actually Tiara but an unnamed seedling that had Tiara as a mother plant and looks similar. When I bought it the seller didn't make that totally clear for a brug newbie and I thought I was getting the real Tiara. I still like her and her fragrance is my favorite.

o

Kathy,
Could I have some Lemon Thyme?

(and you mentioned bringing "Forget Me Nots" for Evan's garden.)
Thanks,
Pam

o

Hey Westy,
Yes! I am looking for one of those small burning bushes and I would love it. I need it as a back drop for other plants, and then want it for a color in the fall. Unassuming when green is perfect.
I'd love some red leaf sedum.

I also have a few tree pots for you!

GGG

o

GGG,

I think my mother will be pleased knowing that something from her yard is growing in yours. We drove by your house last weekend when my parents were here visiting and they were very impressed! They really love decorative yards.

I'll bring both the burning bush and some of the red sedum. Thanks for scrounging up some pots for me!

Debbie

o

Danielle, I sent you an email, hope you get it, since I did not get yours. If anyone has tried to email me directly through Garden Web they are not coming through. Just semd to bochonko@bellsouth.net.

GGG the only reddish sedum I have is the one you have from me already--Sedum tetractinum, that gets red in the fall and "pork and beans" which I overwintered in a pot, if I can dig a little out for you I will.

Pam, I will most definitely bring you some forget me nots, and some lemon thyme. (and I would love any of those hellebores you are digging out)

Danita I would love the honeysuckle and the begonia, what annual vines do you have? I may be interested. What can I bring for you?

o

squirrley pete, I was jut looking at your daylily list. May I please have a division of Leebea Orange Crush. I love it!

GGG

o
RE: WANTED: Spring Atlanta area Plant Trade: April 21 2007 *

IF YOU DID NOT GET AN EMAIL FROM ME ON MARCH 27th, IT IS BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR ACCESS TO YOUR EMAIL THROUGH GARDENWEB!

Please email me only if you didn't get the email. We are starting at 10, and there is a slightly new address to what you are used to!

squirrley pete, I was jut looking at your daylily list. May I please have a division of Leebea Orange Crush. I love it!

GGG

o

Kathy,
I will bring you Hellebores. :)

o

Glynis -- Leebea Orange Crush is yours =)

Also, if anyone has an extra water hyacinth my mom would like one for my dad's porch pond. I know they multiply rapidly so one would probably be enough. I'm also looking to trade for more used non-plant items:
old garden hoses (even if they have a leak)
medium-heavy duty long extension cords
soaker hoses
2-way and 4-way hose splitters (brass or plastic)
lengths of PVC pipe 1" diameter or smaller
24 volt solenoid valves
24 volt universal transformers
cheapo watering timers
Basically anything used in making an automatic irrigation system.

I have a few more items to add for trade:
Rooted evergreen Boxleaf Euonymus (layered itself)
1 Sweet Basil plant
'Little Cadet' Daylily
'Royal Garnet' Daylily
'Plum Tree' Daylily
'Little Wine Cup' Daylily
'Little Wart' Daylily
'Eenie Allegro' Daylily

Thanks. Squirrellypete

o

Wow, this is getting so long!

Danita, yes that's me on the ATML. I just finished doing the Unifieds on Monday. Will be glad to see you at the trade - so far nothing's up on April 21 (no football, no pta, no gymnastics, etc.)

I'll bring you cuttings and will try and start some in the meantime of the roses you mentioned.

Rose

o

My tradepage is empty. Did it happen to anyone else? I can't find anyone working for GW to email for help. Hope they can recover the page. uuurrrgghhh

o

Squirrellypete, THank you for the Tardiva hydrangea and butterfly bushes. I'd love a mix please. Much appreciated. plz see list below for what you want

Pam_3, Do you have any more foxgloves?

danita, That's great! I don't care if it's a mix. I am just looking for any doubles. plz see list below for what you want

I'd love some water hyacinths too if any body has them. My husband killed mine yrs ago.

Here is what I have to trade:

- Fushcia Four O'clocks
- Lamb's Ears
- Cannas (red & yellow)
- Spear & PepperMint
- chives
- catnip
- various hostas - can send you pics of them
- rosa rugosa (white or fuschia - new shoots so i am not sure which color)
- Autumn Joy Sedum
- Irises (LA yellow and Siberian purple )
- Night Blooming Cereus
- Pompass Grass
-Rose of Sharon ( - double purple - i'll need to root or give you cuttings)
-weigela - - i'll need to root or give you cuttings)
-White Butterfly gingers (for special trades)
-purple Violets
- gladiolus bulbs
- orange day lillies & double orange

Climbing fern Vine (Lygodium japonicum) - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climbing_fern)
various ferns ( leather, ostrich,.. inquire if interested)

Passion vine
Trumpet Vine (orange)
Wisteria Cuttings (i can start rooting)
- think i have mock orange that i can split
- golden rod

Variageted & non MOndo Grass
Miniture Mondo Grass

perwinkle ground covers (miniatures too & variagated)
camellias (- have Japanese too)
Gardenia (Cuttings or I can start rooting )
Weigela Cuttings ( light pink, dark pink - cuttings or I can start rooting)
forsythias
Hydrangeas cuttings - can start rooting (Nikko blue & blue lace & Annabelle Hydrangea, Pee Gee )
Black Eyed Susan
fig ( can start rooting)-

o

I also have several Canna Bengal Tiger, if anybody is interested.

Rose

o

Hi vnginger -- I'll get a nice mix of Butterfly Bushes and the tardiva hydrangea ready for you. From your list I would love any of the following:

glad bulbs
wisteria cuttings
camelias
mock orange

If someone else would like the mock orange or you can't split it after all I'd love to try rooting a few cuttings from it.

Squirrellypete

o

vnginger,
I'll bring you a foxglove. I think it's Strawberry foxglove. Could I have some LA iris?
THanks,
Pam

o

GGG,
Can I have some Salvia guaranitica? Two small clumps, if that's ok.
Thanks,
Pam

o

GGG and Rose, I was dividing my "zebra grass" yesterday and discovered the tag only to realize it is actually "porcupine grass" Miscanthus sinensis 'Strictus.' If you don't want it let me know, but I have a ton of it potted up. If anyone else wants some let me know. It is a pretty grass and so far I haven't had a problem with it seeding, just the clump itself multiplies in my yard.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miscanthus sinensis 'Strictus'

o

Pam, I have a large clump of the salvia if you'd like, it could be divided. I just dug it up a few mins ago before the rain. I have lots of smaller plants and pieces of it too.

Kathy, I would love Porcupine grass. Thank-you, not a problem that it is not zebra grass. I am actually planning on planting this at church anyway. I'm working on a grass garden area, mixed with small benches for conversation areas.

GGG

o

GGG,
A large clump of Salvia that can be divided is fine. Let me know if I have anything that you would like. :)
Thank you,
Pam

o

I think I have everyone covered so far for requests but, here's my list again of what I have to trade.

Nikko Blue Hydrangea (a few)
Splianthes acmella (toothache plant (flowers looks like Olives on sticks)
Gomphrena (strawberry and regular purple variety)
Amarylis (Hippeastrum, Orange Soveriegn) 4 small plants which require one more year of growth to bloom
Agave Americana (three plants)
Purple Hyacinth Bean Vine 6-8 in 2" pots
Liriope (Big Blue) 2" pots 10 available
Society Garlic (nice blooms) bulbs
Native Oat Grass (perennial)Chasmanthium latifolium? 5
Ornamental Peppers (Tabasco Variety with white, orange, purple and red fruit colors with purple leaves)6-8
A couple of Pink(hopefully) Angel Trumpets that I have grown from seeds this winter
Rooted Serissa Foetida if anyone wants to try their hand at bonsai this is a great plant (a pink snow variety I think)

And of course I need only Sedum, Autumn Joy and Hydrangeas as usuall but, will take almost anything different and perennial.

Sorry to all you seafood lovers but, I will not be offering Oysters for breakfast. I am thinking Portabella Mushroom and Andouille Sausage Quiche instead.

o

Kathy, the miscanthus stricta is just fine!

Vroomp--Andouille sausage quiche with portabella mushroom--are you some kind of cook too??? Can't wait for that.

Rose

o

Squirrellypete

I have the following for you:
glad bulbs
wisteria cuttings
camelias (might only be able to do one here... do you want another plant?)
mock orange

Pam
---
I will have the Yellow LA Iris for you.

vroomp
------
I'd be interested in your:
Amarylis (Hippeastrum, Orange Soveriegn)

Do you see anything from my list that you'd like? I can trade Autumn Joy Sedum..

all - I also have:
---
- lots of Red Monarda (about 4-5 inches right now...)
- purple Widow's tears (Tradescantia)
- pink yarrow
- i Just ordered about 12 Purple Passion Hydrangea. They are not coming until the end of April (hope to have them by the

trade - to trade some with y'all)

My wishlist:
----------

- Oakleaf Hydrangea
- Snowball
- Evergold Sedge Grass or any gold grasses
- Japanese Blood grass
- Blue Festuca Grass
- white Echinacea (coneflower)
- hardy ice plant
- double brugs plants or cuttings
- thornless raspberries
- red bud trees

o

Vnginger, I have your snowball bush!

GGG

o

vnginger -- I don't need the wisteria after all. I just found the one I received in a trade last year and it's alive and well. I thought it had kicked the bucket after the drought.

Also, don't worry about the camelia if there's not much to go around. The glads and mock orange will be plenty.

Squirrellypete

o

GGG, Thanks! Do you want anything?

Squirreltype, Let me know if it doesn't work out w/the wisteria. I found another shoot yesterday while I was cleaning up the yard. I'll see if I have anything to bring for you so you can do your auto sprinkler systems. Thanks!

o

Brad, if you're interested, I will start some Blaumeis Blue hydrangea cuttings for you in exchange for a couple of strawberry gomphrena seedlings.

Do you have a mother serissa plant that I could have a cutting from to try to root? I would like to try my hand at bonsai. (The Lucky Key restaurant in Tucker has a cook who brings his trees in for display at the restaurant regularly. We tried to have a conversation about it, it was hard, but he sure loves those babies.)

I don't think I have anything to trade for the rooted serissa but I'll keep thinking about it. I do have just one autumn joy sedum which I think looks like old broccoli most of the time - I just don't understand why people like it so much but I'm thinking about giving it another chance. If I change my mind about keeping it I'll contact you!

Rose

o

I have LOTS of these orange impatiens coming up. Bought one at a native plant show a couple of yrs ago. This is the first yr I am getting so many self seeders. If you want some, I can bring you some. They need moist & full shade soil. Just let me know if you want some.
http://www.missouriplants.com/Redalt/Impatiens_capensis_page.html

o

vnginger, I do not need a thing. I'm just happy that I have something you are looking for.

GGG

o

vnginger--thank you for that link! I have been trying to figure out what that orange flower is that is growing all over one corner of my yard. It is most definitely Impatiens capensis. I can bring you some hardy ice plant if you still want some. I would like some four o'clocks in return please.

o

GGG, Thank you so much!!!

Kathy, Sounds good w/the trade! Thanks!

Danita - did you see anything from my list that you'd like? I actually got some double/triple brug seeds started a couple of weeks ago. They are about 3 inches high now. I can share with you one Double Black Currant or Double Lavendar or a Double/Triple Purple. The people who gave me the seeds didn't list the actual names. I might even be able to share one of each if you want them... i'll go check the #s i have... let me know. I am bummed the Red sAngunea brug seeds haven't or didn't germinate yet :( I'll wait patiently...zzzzz.....

The white Butterfly Gingers that I posted earlier are not for special trades... open to everyone.

o

Does anyone have canna "Australia" available?

o

This is my first spring in my new (old) house. I have a forest of beautiful Japanese Maples to offer. I wish to trade those ranging in size from 6" to 6'. I would love them to go to good homes. I'm not yet sure what I want as I am just getting the feel of this garden and all it has to offer--it seems something new every day!
I'd love to bring a range of maples to the trade. Please contact me if anyone has a request for a specific size.

o

Squirelly Pete -- will bring the Alstroemeria. Thanks for the Forsythia and Pink Princess
Danita - the Alstroemeria is pink with some yellow - just let me know. I would love to have your Shasta Daisy.
Glynnis - will bring Nandinas -- does it matter what size? Thanks for the Becky Daisy and annuals for cutting. The perennial cutleaf coneflower sounds good.

Vnginger - I would love some gladiolis bulbs, climbing fern and cannas if I have anything you would like.
Mapleplace -- would love to have a Japanese Maple if I have anything you want.

o

Hi lucyatlanta,
I'd love some of your alstroemeria. I'll bring a Shasta daisy for you. Thanks!

o

Lucyatlanta, I am heading out of town. Will get back to you early next week..

o

ROSE, <<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
the Hydrangea cutting would be great! I have you down for 2 Serrisa (these are a variagated variety with tiny pink flowers). Both are off-shoots I have grown from the mother plant by layering and were cut loose about 2 months ago but, I have kept them in the ground. One is for your friend (if you wish) and one for you.

I have plenty of Gomphrena for everyone as my last seed tray has produced over 100 plants and I have two trays going! LOL. I will only be planting around 30 for myself as they seed and grow new ones in a single season when planted early.

What variety of Passiflora do you have volunteers of? If they aren't Caerulea or a hybrid of P. Caerulea I would like one if you have another to spare.

VNGINGER,<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have you down for Amaryllis. Will 3 do?

o

Lucyatlanta: great. what size are you interested in? I would love to trade for any shade loving, medium height (12-18inches) perennials (would LOVE Hellabores, astilbe, bleeding heart and the like for a shady area under one of my, surprise! Japanese maples).

o

mapleplace, I may have a nice dwarf bleeding heart for you. Do you need any moss for your japanese maples? My side yard can produce moss that people who grow japanese maples sometimes come and collect.

Lucyatlanta, I don't much care what size the nandinas are. Mainly I am looking for the "plain old" variety, at any stage of growth. I just need them to fill a slope.

Thanks!
GGG

o

Mapleplace I would also be interested in a Japanese maple, are they all the same variety? Do you see anything on my list (posted earlier in this thread) that you are interested in?

o

Hay y'all,

vnginger - I'm interested in the fuschia four o'clocks
mapleplace - I just the spots for some of those red maples.

I think I'll bring another quiche, would plain ham and cheese with chive be okay?

Brenda

o

Vroomp--thanks kindly.
rb

o

Hi all,
I am glad to hear there is interest in the maples. They all come from one original maple in our yard so are all the same type. I think I will have to bring the smaller sizes to the trade (2-3 feet) because I am afraid of injuring larger ones and can't fit them in my station wagon. I would discuss larger sizes at the the trade with any one interested in picking them up.

GGG: The moss sounds interesting. How quickly does it spread? I may be interested. And I love the sound of the bleeding heart.

Kathyga: I would be very interested in some creeping jenny. I saw a beautiful patch of it thriving at the botanical garden this morning. I would also love some heuchera for my woodland garden.

bkdesign: the volunteer ferns sound great for me and I'd love a little monarda for my small sunny patch.

Thanks all!

o

mapleplace -- I'd love some red maple seedlings as well. I'd like to try my hand at some grafting this year. Is there anything from my list you'd like?

Squirrellypete

o

Mapleplace, the moss doesn't spread much. I'd have to give you enough to cover some area. Usually I have that much...it just has not rained much this spring, so it hasn't grown much. Maybe in the next few weeks.

GGG

o

Unbelievable, I have things to trade that people want!

I have:

Mahonias - lots of volunteers, and am about ready to start digging up the big ones

George Tabor (pink & purple w/large leaves) azaleas - 3 - 5 good sized (3' across)

Basic bi-colored hostas - type unknown, 3 - 5 good clumps

Marigold seeds - both orange and yellow

Hellebores volunteers and seeds

What do I want?

I have just about filled out the shady area, but can still use more. In particular, evergreen stuff 3' and shorter.

Vegetables, especially beans and squashes that I can grow in a square foot garden.

Oregano, tarragon, basil, cilantro

I'm also doing a small roadside project in an otherwise ugly industrial area, and would appreciate any sun-loving daylillies and irises that you can spare.

Thanks,

Richard Hanson

p.s. I owe a couple of you some makeup plants from this past fall.

o

Hi Richard. I would be interested in some of your George Tabor Azaleas. Assuming I protected them well enough from the cold I have an extra basil plant and a cilantro plant. I just bought them from the garden center a week or so ago so they are still small though. I should also have some daylilies and possibly Iris too. Also have some volunteer pumpkin & cucumber seedlings sprouting if you're interested but they'll get too big for a square foot garden. Just LMK if you'd like to work something out.

Thanks! Squirrellypete

o

Richard, I would love one george tabor azalea, and some of your mahonia - any size will do.

I can have bush bean plants ready for you. Please email me. You have a choice of beans! I have several different kinds of bean seeds. I will have basil and cilantro and can get some oregano ready for you. Can get you iris too.

GGG

o

Richard<<< I too would love a george tabor azalea, and some of your mahonia. I can get you orange daylillies and purple siberian irises for your project. I'd love some hellebores... plz see if you want anything else from my list... I will start Yellow Bush Beans (Cherokee Wax)... if you want a couple of plants, PLMK. Thanks.

all <<<- I was in NC this past week & saw lavendar/purple azaleas. If anyone has some to trade, please let me know. Cuttings or rootings will be fine too. THanks.

bkbdesign <<< i'll bring for you about 1/2 a dozen fours. What color is your Monarda? I'd love a couple elephant ears please. tHank you.

vroomp<<< 3Amaryls sound great! I'll bring the Sedums..

lucyatlanta <<< I can bring climbing ferns & cannas. I will need to check on the glads... (just got back in town... give me a couple of days plz....) I'd be interested in Alstromeria & Orange Crocomesia. THanks!

GGG - I'd love to make you at least one digital scrapbook page (for the snowball you will have for me) if you can send me a couple of your fav pics from your garden or hubby or whatever... I'd be happy to make it for you! :)

o

GGG- thanks, but don't worry about the moss. I actually have quite a bit and have been moving it over the last couple of days and realize I'll have enough for this year.

Richard: I have some tiger and asiatic lily bulbs that I have inherited. I have planted many throughout my sunny spots but only about 30% have emerged. I don't know if the others are just slow or if the bulbs weren't cared for well over the winter. I will bring you some to try, though. I also have started some delicious squash seeds. They should emerge in the coming days and I will bring what I can for you. I would LOVE a hellabores volunteer or two. That would be fabulous. I also have the japanese maple seedlings if you are interested.

o

mapleplace,
I'd be interested in tiger & asiatic lilies if you have any left to trade. I'd be interested in a couple 2-3' maples if you see anything else from my list that you would want.PLMK

o

Several people have earlier posted asking how they can get on the email list.
I have sent out direction emails. I will continue to send them out until 6pm on the 20th of April. I do not check my email the morning of the plant trade - I'm way too busy!!

To receive emails through GW you need to change your membership page to allow that function. At the bottom of any page, in the green band, click on the words "Member Pages". That will bring up a menu. Click "Edit Your Personal Information....". You will be prompted to sign in. That brings up another page. Scroll to the very bottom and you can change email preferences. The 2nd box says "Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site." Click this box. Now, above that box is a scroll down box you can click "none" which means that people can send you email only through a GW form, or "members" meaning only GW members can see your email. There is a glitch on this page on some membership pages, no way to submit this form. I will try to get this corrected.

GGG

o

VNginger: I would be happy to trade a maple and some lily bulbs for lambs ears and black eyed susans, if possible. Thanks.

o

GGG, I have a nandina. That I can dig up it you want it. It is about 4 ft high. I also have a couple of babies. Let me know if you want it.

Vonda

o

could i have directions please.

o

Vonda, I am interested! Thank-you!
I'd also like to send you directions to the trade, however I can not email you through garden web!

Thanks,
girlgroupgirl

o

GGG,
I am not going to be at the trade but Debbie will bring the Nadina for me. She has your address I believe.

o

Thank-you Vonda! You so sweet.

GGG

o

I have a couple of carissa hollies, if anyone wants them let me know and I will dig them up.

o

mapleplace: sounds good.

nosyrosie: I am interested in the Canna Bengal Tiger. Like anything from my list?

lucyatlanta: I have the glads for you too.

o

squirrellypete,
Could you bring me a Limelight Artemisia. Read that it's invasive. So I will put it in a pot. Like the foliage... I can bring you 6 types of climbing roses cuttings... (I'll cut this week if u are interested...) I lost the tags as I bought them about 10 yrs ago. At least two are yellow. All the pics in the show are climbing roses. I do not have any bushes... I have a couple of other favorites but no photos avail at this time since my main computer crashed...

Let me know if you are interested...

Here is a link that might be useful: vnginger Roses

o

My various physical ailments are keeping me from doing much in the garden, but I will happily share what I have if people will come get it! (I am in Roswell)

o

Vnginger, that would be great. I'll pot up some Limelight for you today. Rose cuttings of any variety will be fine -- they're all beautiful.

Thank you! Squirrellypete

o

Squirrellypete, Thanks.

Lindabeth,
I'd be happy to pick up your trades if you can't make it there. I am not too far from Roswell. Any plants you are looking for in particular.. maybe I'll keep an eye out for them. Hope you get feeling better. We will miss you at the trade.

o

I have taken some pictures of the hummingbird feeders and terrariums that I have to trade, and there is a link to them below. If anyone wants any of these things, please email me before the trade to let me know. Otherwise I won't bother bringing them.

What I could use in trade for these, if anyone wants them, is any herb plants, very large plastic pots, 2' - 8' long pieces of rebar, coffee grounds, frozen vegetable scraps for the compost pile, old watering cans with or without sprayheads, roll screening cloth like you would use on windows or doors, and bungee cords.

I'll be bringing a few plants for the general trade from my driveway - whatever I can find between now and Saturday! as well as the red-leaved sedum and small burning bush for GGG.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of things I have to trade

o

Vroomp and Noseyrosie,
you have email. :)
Pam

o

Richard: I'm sad to say the squash seedlings never emerged. The seeds were from last year and produced delicious squash. Don't know what went wrong. Just didn't want you to be disappointed on saturday!

o

squirrellypete.. I can take cuttings the morning of for your climbing golden showers if you want to root them.. or I can try to root them for the next time for you. I would love a Navajo Bright Red Salvia :).....ohhhhh is someone else bringing golden showers for you ??..

westender.. I have huge pots to bring. How many do you want??

bkbdesign-- have potted cannas.. midsize yellow and red bloom. Want them?? :) I also have huge tall reds to share. Midsize in pots.. talls will be dug in bags.

Okay... since I'm so late coming on board here and I just talked to GGG today, I'm really looking forward to coming, but I'm going to stop going through everyones lists and just tell you what I have with such short prep time and put your hand up for it if you want it.. Thanks and looking forward to seeing you Sat.! I'll be better prepared next time!! :)

Have and can bring:

Kumson forsythia

Raspberry Wine bee balm-monarda

No name monarda

Rose Campion babies

Wisteria

Black Cherry Tree

Maple tree Sapling--unknown volunteer came up in my wintersowning pots

Canna lilies: Tall red, medium yellow and red bloomer

unrooted Zephrine Drouhin rose cutting

Siberian Iris

spiderwart- blue/purple blooms

Anyone else need pots? What sizes?

I still don't have my grown from seed list ready to offer..as I haven't planted them yet!!

----- going out to "nursery' and garden to check and see what else to add to the list :)

Wanted:
Cottage garden perennials all colors welcome and appreciated. Named not necessary, just pretty :)

Summer veggies.. heirloom tomatoes especially welcome and appreciated here.
I will be there early and need to leave no later then 12:15 to get to my sons baseball game. Look forward to meeting yall.

Thanks!!
:)
Susan

o

Girlgroupgirl - Please send me directions for the trade. You got some plants from me last year - one was probably a sunflower and you were going to try to find out the name of that plant. I want to bring some more of them this year, but need to know the name if possible. It was a yellow flower about 2 1/2 to 3 inches across maybe. Mine do not get more than 3 feet tall. Wonderful plant, beautiful and works for you all summer.

o

I can see from my garden website that some people have at least looked at the pictures I posted of the terrariums and hummingbird feeders I can bring to trade. However, apparently gardenweb.com is not forwarding emails to me in spite of the fact that my profile is correctly configured to accept emails from gardenweb members. So if anyone has tried to email me through gardenweb, I'm sorry, but I didn't get your email. I tried to email myself through gardenweb and I can't get through, either!

You can email me directly at debbie.zimmerman@gmail.com if you're interested in any of those hummingbird feeders or the 2 terrariums.

Also, Pam, can you remind us all of what you would like to have for Evan's Garden?

And Richard, is it safe to assume that unnamed or unmarked varieties of daylilies and irises are ok for your roadside project? I have some that I'd love to thin, but I threw out the nametags years ago. Also, are you interested in seeds for your vegetable garden, or must you have plants? I always save bean seeds from year to year, and can bring you some of those if you want them.

Mapleplace, is anybody bringing you creeping jenny, or do you still need it? Does anyone else want some of it?

Susan/soulgardenlove, I drive a Honda Accord and can use as many of your large pots as I can fit into it and you're willing to give me. But what kind of cottage garden perennials do you really yearn for? What exactly do you mean by "cottage garden" perennials? I can look around tonight and start digging, but I don't want to bring you things you already have or don't want. Are you just beginning your cottage garden, and perhaps can use anything?

o

Soulgarden/Susan -- some fresh cuttings the morning of the trade would be great. Rosie is bringing me a Golden Showers too but extras are always welcome. My sister-in-law is just getting interested in gardening now that she has her own home and has decided she wants a yellow climbing rose too so the more the merrier. The Navajo Bright Red Salvia is yours. Thanks and see you there!

Squirrellypete

o

Westender

Do the hummingbird feeders hold liquid okay? If so I would love a couple. I have heard that some of those kind leak the sugar water all over. I am interested in the terrariums as well if they are available. How large of pots do you want, I have many of the 3 gallon size and maybe 1 or two larger sized. I also should be able to get you some coffee grounds from my local starbucks. Is there anything else you might want?

o

Hi Debbie.. Sent you a long list email of things I have.. I need to compile a complete list for future reference :)

Squirley, will bring cuttings :) and thanks! :)

Anyone else want anything.. I'll load up with stuff to bring, but anything I have in particular??
:)

Susan

o

Still no mail Pam!

o

Wow, time really got away from me! Well, this is a little last minute but there is a list of some things I have below.

Also, a tip for packing plants: Aldi's grocery stores encourage you to take boxes from their store. You can get great produce boxes that even have handle holes that would work well for carrying plants.

Squirellypete - If you see anything below that interests you, I would love to trade for some Navajo Bright Red Salvia and some other daylilies.

Pam_3 - I'm interested in the Agastache 'Apricot Sprite' if you want to trade.

nosyrosie- Thanks for the rose cuttings, let me know if you want anything below. I hope Unifieds went well!

vnginger - I haven't gotten the brug rooted, but I'll have a nice cutting for you. May I have some red monarda, is it 'Jacob Cline' by chance?

vroomp- If you have some extra Gomphrena (strawberry) I'd be interested if you want to trade.

Soulgardenlove- I'd love some Raspberry Wine bee balm-monarda if you want to trade.

Plants I have:
Gold/Orange Brugmansia - Angel Trumpet, big rooted cutting
Black Eyed Susan - Rudbeckia
Coreopsis- yellow threadleaf
Dwarf Yellow Canna Lily - around 3 ' tall
Siberian Iris- purple
Flowering Quince suckers- coral
Variegated Vinca major
Tiger lily (Lilium) orange spotted true lily
Bloodroot - Sanguinaria candensis
Phlox stolonifera - 'Bruces White'
Iris cristata
Monarda - Lavender-pink bee balm
Unknown Iris- Shorter, with flower stalks around 1 1/2', I haven't seen the blooms yet but based on the buds they look to be medium sized purple flowers, form nice clumps.
Agave - a very sad looking blue-grey-green agave that didn't like the cold weather in a 3 gallon pot. It is alive but needs some love. Free to anyone who wants it.
I may have some other stuff, but need to check.

Plants I want:
Herbs- basil, others
Veggies- esp. sweet to mildly hot peppers, indeterminate plum tomato, seeds or seedlings of really good zucchini variety or smaller watermelons. Anything interesting and good that isn't commonly found.
Perennial - anything uncommon
Annuals - anything uncommon
Big pots for my angel trumpets, 5 gallon and bigger(tree pots)

Thanks All!
Danita

o

vroomp,
I just was emailing that your loro. is starting to get new foliage (I had pruned it back hard, and was worried that it might be dead.)

Danita,
I'll bring you some Agastache seedlings. I'd love to have your bloodroot, if you consider that an equal trade. I can bring you something more, if not.

westender,
Thanks for remembering my little boy's memorial garden. I do need a Cinnamon fern. I have a part sun garden and a full sun butterfly garden. I've been looking for plants with interesting blooms or fun common names. I've also been looking for "Angel" cultivars (I've already purchased a couple of "Evan" and "Duncan" cultivars.) Oh, and whimsical garden art.
Pam

o

Danita... You followed me last year to Selah's nursery in Jackson after another plant trade. I'm Susan, the tall gal in the minivan! :) I will bring the truck and bring lots of pots.. My husband will be thrilled. Rasberry Wine is yours and I'd love to have Bruces White Phlox.. The Quince you have may be Cameo Quince.. coral color.. I have it, but thought you might want to look it up to see.

Pam, I will bring you angel or whimsy garden art for your Sons memorial garden.

okay.. out to the garden I go.. :)

Susan

o

Danita: I have seeds of very good zuccini for you, direct from Italy.
My basil are seedlings but you are welcome to some purple basil. I can spare a few small watermelon seeds too, I think.

Squirrley: I have not rooted your roses yet. I'm sorry. However, I will cut them today and get them in pots. I do however have another suprise for you. I could not get a white quince for you yet. We need to whack back the HUGE white quince at church before I can dig out more suckers. The giant thorns poke you in the head when you try to dig around under there!

GGG

o

Danita -- I'll pot the bright red salvia for you too and I'm e-mailing you about the daylilies. I can always use more Siberian Iris or Tiger Lilies to help fill in the perennial border.

GGG -- no worries about the roses or quince. I don't mind unrooted cuttings one bit and I certainly don't want you getting poked in the head by that quince gone wild lol. Ooooh, a surprise....I love surprises!

Squirrellypete

o
RE: WANTED: Plant Trade: April 21 2007

Also Danita, I just sent you that e-mail through Gardenweb. I know they don't always go through though so if you didn't get it just send me an e-mail directly at RiJohnson2001@yahoo.com

Thanks! Squirrellypete

o

Kathy,

I wish I could say that I know the hummingbird feeders will hold water, but I have no idea. I've never used them; I just bought them because I couldn't pass them up at the sale price being offered. I thought they would make nice ornaments for someone even if they didn't actually work as birdfeeders (I've never had any luck at all, myself, attracting hummingbirds). They have rubber stoppers, so I guess they would hold water, but who knows? Maybe someone else could comment on that. I guess I'll bring them, just in case you or someone else wants them, but I'll warn you all in advance, I'M NOT TAKING THEM BACK HOME!!!!

No one else has said they want the terrariums, either, so they're yours if you want them, and I'd be very pleased to trade them for some Starbucks coffee grounds. The more you can get the better. I haven't been able to get Starbucks grounds for a long time; it seems like they only did that as a publicity stunt for a short while and then stopped. I hope you know of a location that is actually still giving them away.

As far as pots go, I don't really need 3 gallon pots, as they're too small to use for the herb plants out in the field, but any larger ones that you have would be great. The bigger the better.

Looking back at your list of plants to trade, I see that you have 4 different kinds of thyme, also pennyroyal and something called "purple knockout sage." I think I would be interested in any of those plants, to trade for the terrariums and/or the hummingbird feeders if you decide you want some of them. I'm very interested in herb plants this year.

Pam, I think I might have a few little things that could be considered whimsical garden art that I can bring for you. If you don't like them, no worry. One thing is that I'm always on the lookout for little iron animals; I like to set those on fences and walls. Do you think you would be interested in any of those? I like them because they're unbreakable and it doesn't matter if they rust in the weather. Little birds, squirrels, mice, deer, etc. Sometimes they are actually door stops, and sometimes I don't know what they are intended to be used for. I have a few little gargoyles, too, but I doubt you'd find those whimsical. . . . Also, I think maybe one of those hummingbird feeders had an angel on top of the glass ball. Do you want that one, even if just to hang as an ornament rather than as a birdfeeder?

o

westender,
everything sounds great...animals, birdfeeder, etc. Did you get my email about bring you some window screens?
Pam

o

Pam,

No, I didn't get an email from you, but window screening sounds great. We can definitely use it to keep mosquitos out of our water barrels this summer. Thanks!

Debbie/Westender

o

westender: I have asked kathyga to bring me some creeping jenny but I would welcome any you could bring too as I have a pretty large area to cover. But if you're not interested in a japanese maple seedling from me don't trouble yourself as I have some coming anyway.........thanks

o

Sorry for late response but have been traveling a lot.

Vnginger -- will bring Alstromeria and Orange Crocomesia

GGG -- several Nandinas for your slope

Mapleplace -- any size Jap Maple is fine so just bring what you have. Will bring you something for shade -- think I have a Hellabores

Danita -- will bring the Alstromeria

Look forward to seeing everyone Saturday.

Toodles -- Lucy

o

Everyone:

If I found your swap proposal, then I have sent you mail accepting. Here's a summary:

Squirrelypete - GT azalea & unknown red azalea for basil, cilantro, cucumber

GGG - GT azalea & mahonia for oregano and any veggy or fruit vine plants or seeds.

Vnginger - GT azalea, mahonia & hellebore for 2 varieties of mint

Westender - yes any variety of daylilly or iris is fine, and seeds are great.

To all - I read somewhere that all named varieties of Japanese Maples are grafted. Volunteers are most like the standard variety. Or some new variety! I have 2 volunteers in my garden now, and they are not identical.

I have some digging to do tonight. See everyone on Saturday,

Richard

o

>>>>westender, i emailed me you couple of weeks of ago about the terraniums... guess you never got it. I can't remember what i offered... anyway... if you still have another let me know. THanks.

GW seems to have problems lately... they lost my trade list... (that I traded plants/seeds for someone to do a nice one for me :( I should of backed it up.)

>>>>danita,
Thanks for the Tiara Brug. I will bring the monarda. Sorry I do not know the name.
I'd also be interested in your...
Phlox stolonifera - 'Bruces White'
Monarda - Lavender-pink bee balm

I can package you a bagful of vegetable seeds (some unusual ones as well.) I can give you a plumeria cuttings... I am not sure the color... Got it as a gift last yr. JLMK THanks....

>>>> rdhanson,
I will bring your mints. tHAnks!

o

vnginger, I'm so sorry that I didn't get your email! I don't know what's going on with gardenweb lately. No emails get through and they wiped out my trade list months ago, too. Since there are 2 of the terrariums, I could give Kathy one of them and give you the other, if that would be ok with her? Or else I'll look and see if I have something similar at the house to bring for you. I won't have internet access tonight or tomorrow, though, so I'll have to assume it will work out for the best. I know she also wanted hummingbird feeders and I'll be bringing some of those for her.

I'm also going to bring some regular hummingbird feeders for the general trade - I've decided to give up on feeders for hummingbirds, as I can't seem to attract them. So I'm getting rid of not only the fancy glass ones I bought at Pike's and posted photos of, but also the regular ones with the red plastic feeder ports. I have 2 of those to bring, one of which I think is sort of nice, except that it needs a new plastic bottle (any sort of shampoo or soap bottle can work).

And I found a few other things to bring, including a very large, very sturdy macrame plant hanger. This thing was made by someone probably in the 60's, it is a dark orange color with some large beads incorporated in the macrame. It looks like it can hold a very large and heavy plant, for someone who's into things from that era.

Also I dug up a piece of a miniature hosta that I don't know the name of, but it's a pretty golden yellow color, and a small division of arum italicum, and found a couple of pots of creeping raspberry (groundcover). Also potted a volunteer coneflower (probably pink) and volunteer blackeyed susans, and a yellow variegated vinca. These things will all have to go into the general trade since I won't have email tonight or tomorrow.

Debbie

o

Pam- I have a Bloodroot for you. A few Agastache seedlings in exchange would be great.

Vnginger- I have phlox and monarda for you. They've just been potted and the monarda especially came up sort of stringy so you may want to let it grow in the pot a little before planting out. I'd love some veggie seeds, but don't need plumeria right now. I have two that I bought on clearance last fall!

Vroomp- I'm bringing some Lily of the Valley for the general trade so if you want to exchange some for the strawberry gomphrena let me know before it begins.

Soulgardenlove- Hi Susan! It will be great to see you again. I have the phlox for you. Thanks for the pots!

GGG-Thanks for the veggies. If you see anything that I bring for the trade that you would like, just speak up and it's yours.

Thanks All!
Danita

o

I'm afraid that some rather late changes have fuddled my plans for attending.

I was really looking forward to having a great gardening visit. If anyone is really interested in what plants I have, please feel free to drop me a note (my username)@ yahoo dot com and we'll see if we can get you hooked up. I am in the Norcross area.

Please accept my regrets and y'all all have a good time!

Brenda

o

Hi GGG, I would love to come to the Plant Trade and meet everybody. I have only posted a few times. Here are some plants I have. If someone will tell me how to do cuttings, I'll start rooting right away.

What I have: Sorry I am new so do not have name in front of mind.

Spirea pink and a white one
Hydrangea
Sedum Autumn Joy
Hybiscus tree blooms white
Butterfly Bush ~ I have butterflys all summer long

Plants I want:

Hellebores
Snowball Bush
Weigela Pink
Pretty vine for black wrought (not iron) fence
Love impatiens
Candy Tuft white

Thanks,
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Georgia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here