Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plants4meuc

WANTED: Spring Trade Luncheon

plants4meuc
18 years ago

Ok I just wanted to start a thread for the luncheon. I Spoke with Marcy and she said she could some tables to put the food on if anyone has an extra one they could bring that would be great.

I'm going to bring some baked goodies since that's my specialty.

Cathie

Comments (30)

• squirrellypete
    18 years ago

Hey Cathie. Good idea for the separate thread -- the other one's getting kinda' lengthy lol.

I think I can bring one of those 6 foot folding tables. As long as I have room for it plus the plants I should be good to go. I'm pondering towing a separate trailer lol!!

Squirrellypete

• nosyrosie
    18 years ago

Well, Cathie, I'm glad you started this. Unfortunately I once again cannot commit to anything because my daughter will be going to State finals for her gymnastics team "sometime" during the weekend of April 28-30, in Cobb County. I'm sorry I'm such a sketchy gardener on this forum but life continually intervenes.

If her meet is not smack during the spring trade I will be there with food...

;^)
    Rose

• WestEnder
    18 years ago

I'm planning to bring carrot cake again. It it on Saturday, April 29, just to confirm? And what time? I'll probably bring something else as well, but not sure what yet.

• girlgroupgirl
    18 years ago

Debbie, my hubby will be there this time, and I think he'll have his plate ready for cake the minute we start the trade :)

I will bring something. I'm not sure exactly what yet either. Something vegetarian, possibly vegan. Most certainly gluten free. Y'all at the "compost" I served up last time (my FIL calls my cooking "compost', lol. )

• lindabeth1
    18 years ago

My DH and I will have out-of-state company that day (wouldn't you KNOW it) but plan to come, anyway. We will NOT stay for lunch. But I HATE missing the carrot cake,to say nothing of the oysters!!

• Kathy Bochonko
    18 years ago

I am going to bring some sort of salad. Broccoli salad maybe?

• garischa
    18 years ago

I will bring something as well. I am not sure what yet, maybe cookies.

Uli

• sharon_ga_zone7
    17 years ago

We will bring something vegetarian. We were thinking about pasta salad... byo plate?!

• vroomp
    17 years ago

Did I say Oysters were on the menu? I'll have to get a vote on that. Not to mention an oven is required also or they just aren't the same. This all has to be cleared with Marcy first of course. Do I bring some Oysters Marcy? I do love to cook,,,,,,, and eat!

• WestEnder
    17 years ago

I'm voting "yes" on those oysters, if they're the same luscious ones we had last time. They were wonderful. I'll trade carrot cake for those any time.

Also, I took home a pile of the shells and they made a great addition to my compost pile.

• Marcy72
    17 years ago

sounds good to me :) i have no problem with y'all using the oven if needed. we also have a grill, if anyone wants to grill anything. the DH and i will make something but i'm not sure what yet. we do have planty of plastic cups and plates, though. if anyone else wants to bring forks/spoons and napkins, that would be great.

• vroomp
    17 years ago

Not enough votes for oysters so I will be bringing some other tidbits.

• WestEnder
    17 years ago

My heart is broken because we will have no oysters. I had just gone ahead and scattered the last oyster shells throughout the flowerbeds because I was counting on getting more for the compost pile, too. Boo hoo.

But maybe those other tasty tidbits will be a nice surprise?

• vroomp
    17 years ago

How 'bout a trade? My oysters for your carrot cake. You make me a cake to take home and I will give you 4 dozen oysters ready for the oven. And if I was to do that I would also bring enough for all at the luncheon too.
    Sound like a deal?

• plants4meuc
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey I don't see a lot for lunch.. Are people unable to stay?
    I think I will change my item to finger sandwiches. On the type I'm not sure probably something to do with chicken.

Cathie

• WestEnder
    17 years ago

vroomp,
    if I had two cake holders I'd do it, but I only have one. Plus I live alone and honestly, 4 dozen oysters eaten by myself would likely kill me, wouldn't they? But this is a trade I'd really like to make with you at some other time. Let's talk at the trade about this and figure out a time when I might be having company who can help me eat them, that would also be convenient for you to make them.

I'm also not going home directly from the trade, but going on to Crawford Georgia in Oglethorpe County to the Ninth Annual Old Timey Seed Swap. Anyone else going to that?

Here is a link that might be useful: Ninth Annual Old Timey Seed Swap

• lindagail41
    17 years ago

Vroomp, You are going to break some hearts if you don't bring oysters.

I haven't decided yet what I'll bring, but I am leaning toward something heartier. We seem to have sweets and salad covered.

Linda Gail

• mairenn
    17 years ago

i don't know what I'm bringing either, but I am bringing something.

I was going to wait and look on Friday morning to see what we still needed, since I do my shopping on Fridays (when it gets too hot to dig up plants, that is:) and cook Friday night (when it gets too dark to dig up plants:)

I was also leaning towards main-coursish items.

• girlgroupgirl
    17 years ago

I am bringing a bean salad to the trade.
    Also, there has been no mention of beverages. Marcy, what beverages do you need?
    I can have plastic cutlery there for us to use too. And probably extra napkins.

GGG

• Kathy Bochonko
    17 years ago

I vote for the oysters please Vroomp!

• Marcy72
    17 years ago

poor Vroomp :)

how about if the DH and I provide cups, plates, and drinks? (thanks, glynis; i probably wouldn't even have remembered about drinks)

• mairenn
    17 years ago

i think we should all bring carrot cakes, and then vroomp can taste them all:) if we are going to badger him into oysters, that is.

• vroomp
    17 years ago

Ok, Ok Ya'll win! I will bring oysters for all. Geez, gardeners, phhhttt!~ I know you all only want the shells.

• WestEnder
    17 years ago

I definitely want the shells! But only after I've eaten a sufficient quantity of the oysters inside!! Forget the plant trade, I'm honestly just coming for the oysters. . .

and I really love the idea of everyone else bringing a carrot cake, for a carrot cake binge. It would be great to try a lot of different carrot cakes.

then maybe in the fall we could have nothing but chocolate cakes??? yum.

• mairenn
    17 years ago

so definitely I am bringing cocktail sausages cooked in red wine. (it glazes 'em.) very nice with oysters:) and whatever else i find in the fridge and/or or have time to fix, what with digging plants:)

• squirrellypete
    17 years ago

I know they aren't fancy but we're gonna' bring some egg salad sandwiches. Marcy, we're bringing my mom's car after all so I can't bring that extra folding table. Sorry about that. We're not sure if we can stay for lunch or not but we'll bring some grub regardless.

2 days to go -- the countdown continues. Squirrellypete

• DianeGA
    17 years ago

Hooray for Vroomp! I can't wait for those oysters!

• Tricia
    17 years ago

It looks like we will have more food than we can eat. I'll bring a gallon of Sweet and a gallon on unsweet tea and some cokes.

• Marcy72
    17 years ago

the lunch sounds awesome, but i am beginning to be nervous about tables. is anyone bringing one? if not i'm sure we can improvise something...

:)

• garischa
    17 years ago

I am bringing a folding table. It's not a big one, just one of the normal ones that 4 chairs would fit around.

See you tomorrow!
    Uli