Houzz Logo Print
bmmalone

WANTED: Spring Trade May 16th 2009

bmmalone
15 years ago

Can we start around 11am?

Brief description of how the trade works:

Hey Everyone:

We're having the Atlanta Area Gardenweb Plant Trade in Sandy Springs (between I75 and 400, about a mile north of 285)this spring.

Everyone registered on GW is invited to attend and of course, bring a family member or friend if you like.

When you post here you will be put on the mailing list for my personal information which I email to you. Please do not share my personal info. with anyone. Please MAKE SURE that your email is unblocked on GW. This means you need to find your member page and change your settings so that an email can be sent OR you need to email me through GW with your email address and please state your GW "name" or handle in your message to me. Thanks! I will email my information only to people who are registered members of GW.

Everyone is invited to bring their extra plants, seeds, rooted cuttings, old garden magazines/books, old tools, etc.

Consider also that many of us are once again under severe restrictions for water but can water food plants, and have plenty of space for drought tolerant things.

We trade two ways. On this thread we will arrange pre-trades . This means that you will offer plants here and plan to exchange them with an individual here. Then you will get that persons plants together, boxed or bagged and labeled separately and place them in the designated location when you get here.

We also have a "Free for All" trade. You bring in all your plants which aren't designated for a specific person and put them with other plants in categories like "Sun Perennials" or "Fruits, veg". This pretty much goes on until everything is done with.

To effectively trade, you will need to label all your plants with as much info as you can. Botanical Name, (if you don't know ahead of time, just ask on the forum!), "common name", color, height, sun or shade. Annual or perennial. You need to know if your plant is: sun, shade, annual, perennial, edible/herb, shrub etc.

After trading we can share Pot luck if any one is interested.

Note: GGG hope you don't mind but I 'borrowed' your thread from last year!

Comments (150)

• pam_3
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Sounds great, Tulips. Thanks!

Squirrellypete -
    I can bring the daylilies and geranium, but I had no luck with the heuchera. I can also bring you what I believe is a beautyberry. I don't think it's the native.

In trade, I would like some spanish lavender, and Pardon Me daylily (if you have any left), and your blue false indigo.

(I may have some hosta and peony "Sarah Bernhardt" for you, if you like.)

• turkeytaker
    14 years ago

Danielle, I have 4 varieties potted up and will be dividing the others this week. Do you have any particular color preferences?

I'd love to get some of your hardy geranium and rosemary cuttings.

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Danielle,
    Do I have anything that you would like?. I would love Madame Plantier' rose, and red and pink veronica if I have something that you like. Thank you, Amy

• squirrellypete
    14 years ago

Botanicat -- Irises, rose cuttings and tomato plants if there are any left would be great. I'll bring you some of everything you said you'd like.

Janen -- I have at least 2 of those rooted 'David' Phlox for you. I could always use some more red hardy amaryllis bulbs.

Pam -- the hardy geranium and paper butterfly daylilies sound great. Hosta and Sarah Bernhardt peonies would be awesome too if they're not much trouble. No worries about your Heuchera. The false indigo is yours and I'll bring you several rooted spanish lavender and pardon me daylilies.

Turkeytaker -- I like all varieties of heuchera. I do have plenty of 'Palace Purple' but other than that I'd like any kind or color. Greens, purples, bronzes...they're all lovely. I've got you down for some purple hardy geranium and rosemary.

Amy -- I've got you down for the Madame Plantier rose rooted cutting, and two types of Veronica. Just to warn you though the name 'Red Fox' Veronica is deceiving. It's actually dark pink. But it and the lighter colored 'Tickled Pink' are both yours if you want them. In trade I'd love to try some of your purple Colombine and/or a foxglove if you have any extra.

Thanks everyone...feel free to contact me through GW with any questions. Danielle

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

DANIELLE,
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, THEY SOUND BEAUTIFUL. I WILL HAVE YOUR PLANTS READY FOR YOU. TAKE CARE, AMY

• bmmalone
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Not sure if I have requested all of this, but this is what I would like - if it is still available.

Vroomp - mexican petunia and/or mexican sunflower
    Would you like some Autumn Joy - I have plenty?

Trulips - unknown perennial
    for some hellebores

Esh - do you still have a native azalea?
    I will have coneflowers for you

Janen - DV arum
    I have coneflowers and dianthus for you

Franny - do you have any pink obedient plants left?
    I have black eyed susans and day lilies for you.

Botanicat - may I have a foxglove?
    Is there anything you would like from my list?

Amybaby - may I have some wisteria?
    Is there anything you would like from my list?

Squirrellypete - do you have any butterfly bushes left?
    I have tons of yellow iris for you.

For trade I also have:

elephant ears
    white and yellow yarrow
    a couple of ferns (japanese painted)
    beans
    peas
    johnny jump ups
    low growing grey artemesia

• squirrellypete
    14 years ago

Hi Barbara,

thanks for sending me the trade info. Yes, I'll bring you some rooted butterfly bushes. Yellow Iris would be great. Could I also have a Japanese painted fern?

Danielle

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Barbara,
    The wisteria is yours and I would love a painted fern if you have an extra. Thank you, Amy

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

I do have more native azaleas, but I don't know the colors. It is possible that they are some colored form rather than white/pink (although the white/pink ones are great because they are fragrant).

Barbara - trading for coneflowers would be good.
    Danielle - if you want to trade for these unknown azaleas, then Salvia would be good in return.

• botanicat
    14 years ago

Barbara - I'll bring you some foxgloves. I'd like some dianthus if you have some left or if not a couple of yellow irises.

Esh - Do you have any native azaleas left. I don't care what color. Anything I have of interest?

Additions to my list:
    - gladiolas - mostly peach colored but some may be others
    - purple basil (I'm pretty sure that's what it is.
    - Texas tarragon- Tagetes lucida (Mexican mint marigold) - 4 divisions

• pam_3
    14 years ago

Esh,
    Could I get one of those native azaleas (for my mom!)? Is there anything else I can bring you?

• bmmalone
    Original Author
    14 years ago

squirrellypete - thanks for the butterfly bush. The tall yellow iris and japanese painted fern are yous.
    amybabyboy- thanks for the wisteria, I have a japanese painted fern for you too.
    Esh - I don't mind what color the azalea is. Coneflowers for you.
    botanicat - thanks for the foxgloves. Dianthus and yellow iris are yours.

• squirrellypete
    14 years ago

Barbara -- thank you!

Esh -- sounds good to me. I'll get some bright red salvia up for you for a mystery azalea.

Danielle

• whoopie
    14 years ago

I am planning to attend the trade. I will probably have

white ginger lily
    ginger
    pink obedient plant
    ruellia
    4 O'clocks (pink and white)
    chocolate mint
    very small fennel
    midnight blue salvia
    white plox - David
    blackberries (tame - not wild) - about the size of a dollar coin or bigger

Am looking for
    nicotina
    moonvine
    scabiosa
    basil
    catnip

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

Pam and botanicat, I can do native azaleas for you two as well (had to check how many I had back there).

botanicat, I'll be happy to take some Tagetes lucida.

• vroomp
    14 years ago

Tulips or bust------ hellebores, you are getting all my muscari bulbs (if you wish to share some with Amy, there are probably over 50 bulb-lets in the pot with the plants) and some Coreopsis Zagreb

Barbara- Asclepias currasavica seedlings, Mexican petunias
    Janen----Mexican petunias
    Amybabyboy3---Jewels of Opar, Mexican Petunias, Northern Sea Oats, Burro tail,Lifesaver plant and sorry but, there are no more Muscari
    FrannyflowersMexican Petunias
    Danita---Asclepias currasavica seedlings
    Pam---Mexican Petunias
    Danielle--- I have one small Sum and Substance is that ok?

For those of you that have Tomatoes, I could use a few. I of course also need more Sedum Autumn Joy as usual. I will also accept any interesting flowering plants for shade.

I have potted up 1- gallon container of Mexican petunias for each request. If you wish more than that, let me know soon so, I can pot up more before next week.

Amy, the Burro Tail is a newly started hanging basket which will take a few more weeks to root well enough to transfer if you don't like the pot.

Huernia Zebrinas (Lifesaver plants) are in 2 inch pots and well rooted.

Asclepias are three week old seedlings only but, they grow very fast.

Jewels of Opar are small volunteers but, will bloom and grow well over the season. They spread from seeds quite a bit even coming up between pavers.

Sea Oats will be in 2 or 4 inch pots and I have lots of seeds if you want a field.

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Vroomp,
    Thank you I am fine without the muscari. I appreciate all the others.

Whoopie,
    I can give you scabiosa, basil and a purple pink colored nicotiana if you would like. I would love some blackberries. Thank you, Amy

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Vroomp,
    What can I bring you? I just wrote down on the list and I didn't see your requests.

If anyone else wants sweet basil let me know. I wintersowed and they are small but growing quick. I also have money plant seedlings coming right along and little disco belle hibiscus seedlings. I also have a pot of granex hybrid onion seedlings that need to be separated and planted in the ground, probably at least 50 or so plants. I already planted all I have room for. Just let me know. Amy

• squirrellypete
    14 years ago

Vnginger -- I can probably dig you some oakleaf hydrangea if you still want one or more, we have them all over the property. I was wondering if I could also get some of your dark red Weigelia cuttings, rooted or unrooted is fine and some English Ivy.

Vroomp, a sum and substance hosta would be great, my mom will appreciate it for her new yard. Thank you. Is there anything I can bring you in return? I don't really have much in the way of shade plants to offer yet, my garden is almost all sun. I can probably find you some more oakleaf hydrangea as well if that interests you at all.

Pam -- I just noticed you also offered me a Beautyberry. Yes, I'd absolutely love one.

And I want to make a correction to my list. What I thought was 'New Dawn' roses aren't. I never even bothered to look up that New Dawn should be pink until now. Instead I have a lovely unknown wine-red climber or rambler. Still pretty if anyone wants those rooted cuttings.

Thanks, Danielle

• whoopie
    14 years ago

mybabyboy - would love to trade. I will get your blackberries ready today and make sure they are the first in the van. Thanks!

• turkeytaker
    14 years ago

Lemme know if I missed anyone. Here's my list so far:

Janen - catnip and purple beebalm

Frannyflowers - heuchera and beebalm

vnginger - beebalm, chocolate mint, lilac, primrose, lemongrass (if it's ready)

squirrelypete - heuchera

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Turkeytaker,
    We are also trading: Golden moneywort for lilac cutting! Thanks, Amy

• turkeytaker
    14 years ago

Gotcha, Amy! I forgot to add you to my master list, but you're on it now. :)

• vroomp
    14 years ago

Danielle, the Oak Leaf would be nice, thanks.
    Amy, I always accept Sedum Autumn Joy.

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Vroomp,
    You got it! Let me know if you want anything else! Amy

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

I also have lots of this wildflower:

Pink primrose is scientifically called Oenothera speciosa (speciosa stands for "showy if any one wants any.

• koroper
    14 years ago

How do we get specific directions?
    Thanks,

Kathy Roper
    koroper@bellsouth.net

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

I dug up to small nandina about 12-18 in tall from my parents house and some unknown iris if anyone is looking for these let me know. Thanks, Amy

• lucyatlanta
    14 years ago

Looking forward to Saturday....below is my very tardy list. It looks like most trades have been arranged so just let me know if you see anything you want.

Barbara, I'm planning to bring brownies and a fairly large Aloe plant that I've been babysitting for you from an earlier trade.

Here's my list so let me know if anyone wants something specific.

Have
    Hellebores - divided
    Hostas (unknown)- they have a bluish color
    Orange Crocomesia
    Ginger (I think red)- probably have 3-4
    Alstromeria
    Sedums (2-3 varieties)
    Penstemon digitalis 'Husker Red (small divisions)
    English Ivy
    Small Nandina

Want
    Ferns
    Hibiscus
    Becky or Shasta Daisy
    Lilac cuttings (Danielle, if you have any left and want something I have please let me know. I do have several sedums)
    Elephant ears - especially black
    Dogwood tree
    Gladiolas -
    Hardy Geraniums - any color

Vroomp - I have an Autumn Joy sedum for you. Do you have any Mexican Petunias or Swamp Hibiscus left?

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Lucy,
    I can bring you a red texas star hibiscus and a small black elephant ear. I would love a small husker red and Alstromeria if you would like to trade. Amy

• mk87
    14 years ago

Hubby and I plan to celebrate our birthdays in Atlanta this weekend, weather dependent. (ie: We won't drive up there if there's severe weather, but a little rain won't keep us away.) To that end, I'd love to participate in the trade. I THINK esh has some Nana coreopsis that he might be kind enough to share, but if they've already been spoken for, I understand, because I'm so late getting in the game. I, unfortunately, don't have much to trade. I think I will have a Gold Lace juniper (about 3-gallon size).

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

Yes, mk, I'll bring those Coreopsis 'Nana' for you. I'm afraid you'll have missed the blooms, all the potted ones have bloomed in the last week or so. But that just means they are good ones!

• squirrellypete
    14 years ago

I apologize if this isn't actually plant related, but I thought this was the best place to post for anyone I'll be seeing this Saturday at the swap.

This past Thursday night I went to bed perfectly fine like normal and I woke up Friday morning with the right side of my face paralyzed. I went to the hospital immediately thinking I had some kind of mini-stroke and they diagnosed me with a condition called Bell's palsy, and the paralysis is due to a compressed nerve that is the main supply nerve to all the little nerves in my face on that side that control my facial muscles. The good news is that most cases are temporary and the majority of people with it fully recover on their own but it takes time. It may be a few weeks before it starts to improve, and in some extreme cases it can take months or never fully improve. But I've been told I have a comparatively mild case so I am optimistic I'll be okay.

Most friends I run into are understandably curious and want to know what happened. I thought posting some info here might save a little time explaining the whole story on Saturday and I also didn't want to startle anyone who knows me or may remember me. My altered facial appearance and difficulty speaking are a little surprising at first to some folks. Doctor's don't fully understand the causes of the nerve inflammation in these cases but some studies point to possibly a viral cause (don't worry, it's not the contagious kind). There's apparently some evidence that suggests the common cold-sore virus that many people carry with them most of their lives may be what attacks this nerve in some people and causes the inflammation so they put me on an anti-viral as well as a steroid (prednisone) to get the inflammation down.

I did actually have a couple of symptoms for a few days prior to the facial paralysis setting in but I didn't realize they were serious or related to each other. One was a pinpoint occassional pain at the back of my skull on the right side (which is apparently the location inflammed nerve itself) and the other was a diminished or altered sense of taste. The entire problem is due to exactly where along this nerve it became inflammed. It apparently has to pass through a very small, narrow bone canal in the back of your skull before it branches off into all the little nerves of your face. If it becomes inflammed at the point it passes through this canal, the bone around it has no give so the nerve becomes compressed and if it stays that way long enough it starts to interrupt function of all of the muscles that nerve ultimately controls. I can only speak, eat and drink out of the left side of my mouth. My right eye is stuck in the open position and I cannot voluntarily close the eyelid. As a result whenever I blink it looks more like I'm winking. So if I wink at you this Saturday try not to get the wrong idea lol. Until the condition improves I have to keep eye drops in it and manually close my eyelid periodically to keep it moist. I also wear a protective patch if I'm working out in the yard to protect it from the sun, debris, etc...

Anyway, that's the long and short of it. I wouldn't miss a plant trade though if I can avoid it so we're still coming! Aside from the occasional nerve pain at the back of my head and the eye and mouth frustrations I actually feel fine. It's just disconcerting to suddenly not be able to control muscles that I normally take for granted.

Thanks for your understanding. My mom and I are really looking forward to this Saturday and we will see you all there!

Sincerely, Danielle

• botanicat
    14 years ago

Lucyatlanta - I'd love some of your hostas. I have some gladiolas I can bring. And I can probably get you a dogwood too.

• pam_3
    14 years ago

Hey Danielle,
    I'm so sorry this is happening to you! My mom had Bell's palsy when she was in her 20's or 30's. I think her case only lasted a few weeks. Hopefully, you'll be recovering sooner than later.
    Hugs,
    Pam

• vroomp
    14 years ago

I am sorry to hear about your condition Danielle. Did the doctors tell you about L-Lysine? This has been the miracle treatment in my family for cold sores for years. A daily does of 500 Mg. keeps one from ever having a cold sore and at $3.50 per 100 tablets thery are quite affordable. I don't know whether they help after one has developed Bell's or not but, they sure work for keeping the virus at bay. L-Lysine is also said to be a good treatment for Osteoperosis and Migrain Headaches and is safe for babies as well since, it is a natural occuring amino acid. Here's a bit of info:

Lysine
    Overview:
    Lysine, or L-lysine, is an essential amino acid, which means that it is necessary for human health but cannot be made by the body. For this reason, lysine must be obtained from food. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Lysine is important for proper growth, and it plays an essential role in the production of carnitine, a nutrient responsible for converting fatty acids into energy and helping to lower cholesterol. Lysine appears to help the body absorb and conserve calcium, and it plays an important role in the formation of collagen, a substance important for bones and connective tissues including skin, tendon, and cartilage.

If there is too little lysine in the diet, kidney stones and other health related problems may develop including fatigue, nausea, dizziness, loss of appetite, agitation, bloodshot eyes, slow growth, anemia, and reproductive disorders. It is extremely rare, however, to obtain insufficient amounts of lysine through the diet. Generally, only vegetarians who follow a macrobiotic diet and certain athletes involved in frequent vigorous exercise are at risk for lysine deficiency. For vegetarians, legumes (beans, peas, and lentils) are the best sources of lysine.

Lysine is involved in the browning reaction, or carmelization, in foods such as pastries, doughnuts, cookies, and cereals. In this process, lysine and sugar become linked together in a way that makes lysine difficult for the body to absorb. As a result, a diet high in cereals and baked goods, especially those that contain a lot of simple sugars, can result in low lysine intake.

Uses:
    Herpes and Shingles

L-lysine can be used to treat mouth and genital lesions caused by herpes simplex virus as well as shingles caused by herpes zoster viruses. Taking lysine supplements can speed recovery time and reduce the chance of recurrent breakouts of the herpes infection.

Osteoporosis

L-lysine helps improve the absorption of calcium from the digestive tract and prevent loss of calcium in the urine. In so doing, some researchers speculate that L-lysine may help prevent bone loss associated with osteoporosis. In addition, laboratory studies suggest that L-lysine in combination with L-arginine (another amino acid) increases the activity of bone-building cells and enhances production of collagen.

Other

Certain forms of lysine and lysine bound to anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen, or Advil) may help alleviate pain following an episiotomy (a procedure performed during labor that involves cutting the vaginal area to enlarge the vaginal opening and facilitate delivery). These forms of lysine may also relieve migraine headaches and painful periods. Whether L-lysine and other readily available lysine supplements also offer these benefits is not known.

Dietary Sources:
    Good sources of lysine are foods rich in protein, including meat (specifically red meat, pork, and poultry), cheese (particularly parmesan), certain fish (such as cod and sardines), nuts, eggs, soybeans (particularly tofu, isolated soy protein, and defatted soybean flour), spirulina, and fenugreek seed.

Available Forms:
    Lysine is available in tablets, capsules, creams, and liquids, and is usually sold in the L-lysine form.

How to Take It:
    A health care provider can help determine whether your diet provides enough lysine. If your diet does not contain sufficient lysine, a health care provider may recommend lysine supplements as part of a complete amino acid replacement. Do not use lysine in children less than 2 years of age unless under the supervision of a health care provider.

Pediatric

For children ages 2 - 12: Recommendations are 23 mg/kg/day or 10 mg per pound of body weight daily.

Adult

For adults ages 13 and older: Recommendations are 12 mg/kg/day.

For adults with herpes viral infections: To treat symptoms, take 3,000 9,000 mg per day in divided doses. To prevent recurrences, take 500 1,500 mg per day in divided dosages.

Precautions:
    Because of the potential for side effects and interactions with medications, dietary supplements should be taken only under the supervision of a knowledgeable health care provider.

Possible Interactions:
    If you are currently being treated with any of the following medications or supplements, you should not use lysine supplements without first talking to your health care provider.

Arginine -- Arginine and lysine share common pathways in the body. Therefore, excess arginine may lower lysine levels in the body.

Alternative Names:
    Amino acid K; L-lysine

Reviewed last on: 9/9/2008
    A.D.A.M. Editorial Team: David Zieve, MD, MHA, Greg Juhn, MTPW, David R. Eltz. Previously reviewed by Steven D. Ehrlich, NMD, private practice specializing in complementary and alternative medicine, Phoenix, AZ. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network. Also reviewed by Ernest B. Hawkins, MS, BSPharm, RPh, Health Education Resources (5/14/2007).
    Supporting Research
    Bruzzese N, Sica G, Iacopino F, et al. Growth inhibition of fibroblasts from nasal polyps and normal skin by lysine acetylsalicylate. Allergy. 1998;53:431434.

Civitelli R, Villareal DT, Agnusdei D, Nardi P, Avioli LV, Gennari C. Dietary L-lysine and calcium metabolism in humans. Nutrition. 1992;8(6):400-405.

De los Santos AR, Marti MI, Espinosa D, Di Girolamo G, Vinacur JC, Casadei A. Lysine clonixinate vs. paracetamol/codeine in postepisiotomy pain. Acta Physiol Pharmacol Ther Latinoam. 1998;48(1):5258.

Di Girolamo G, Zmijanovich R, de los Santos AR, Marti ML, Terragno A. Lysine clonixinate in the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea. Acta Physiol Pharmacol Ther Latinoam. 1996;46(4):223-232.

Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005. Rockville, MD: US Dept of Health and Human Services and US Dept of Agriculture; 2005.

Fini M, Torricelli P, Giavaresi G, Carpi A, Nicolini A, Giardino R. Effect of L-lysine and L-arginine osteoblast cultures from normal and osteopenic rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2001;55(4):213-220.

Flodin NW. The metabolic roles, pharmacology, and toxicology of lysine. J Am Coll Nutr. 1997;16:721.

Furst P. Dietary L-lysine supplementation: a promising nutritional tool in the prophylaxis and treatment of osteoporosis. Nutrition. 1993;9(1):71-72.

Griffith RS, Walsh DE, Myrmel KH, Thmpson RW, Behforooz A. Success of L-lysine therapy in frequently recurrent herpes simplex infection. Treatment and prophylaxis. Dermatologica. 1987;175(4):183-190.

Hugues FC, Lacoste JP, Danchot J, Joire JE. Repeated doses of combined oral lysine acetylsalicylate and metoclopramide in the acute treatment of migraine. Headache. 1997;37:452454.

Krymchantowski AV, Barbosa JS, Cheim C, Alves LA. Oral lysine clonixinate in the acute treatment of migraine: a double-blind placebo-controlled study. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2001;59(1):46-49.

Schmeisser DD, Kummerow FA, Baker DH. Effect of excess dietary lysine on plasma lipids of the chick. J Nutr. 1983;113(9):1777-1783.

Singh BB, Udani J, Vinjamury SP, et al., Safety and effectiveness of an L-lysine, zinc, and herbal-based product on the treatment of facial and circumoral herpes. Altern Med Rev. 2005;10(2):123-7.

Tfelf-Hansen P. The effectiveness of combined oral lysine acetylsalicylate and metoclopramide in the treatment of migraine attacks. Comparison with placebo and oral sumatriptan. Funct Neurol. 2000;15(Suppl 3):196-201.

The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2009 A.D.A.M., Inc.

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

Danielle, I am so sorry to hear about this! I hope you get some relief soon. I look forward to meeting you and your mother on Saturday.

• janen
    14 years ago

Here are my trades so far...

Pam-3 - Epimedium for pink muhly grass (will this still work?)

Bmmalone - Black Arum for coneflowers & dianthus

turkeytaker - white ginger lily & golden oregano for catnip & purple beebalm

Frannyflowers - iris & Jap. Anemone for pink obedient plant & Becky daisies

Amybabyboy3 - pink Anemone, var. Solomon Seal, Black Arum for foxglove, sweet william & phlomis

Vroomp - I have you bringing me some Mexican petunias - but what would you like from me?

vnginger - pink yarrow, LA iris, pink Japanese Anemone, Helleborus, Epimedium, Black Arum, creeping golden thyme, & golden oregano for Ostrich fern, Passion vine, Jap. climbing fern, & Forsythia

squirrellypete - red hardy amaryllis for 'David' phlox

Please let me know if I have missed someone. And thanks to all.

• pam_3
    14 years ago

we're set, janen.

• squirrellypete
    14 years ago

Lucy -- I didn't have any lilac cuttings. Maybe you have me confused with someone else? If there's something else on my list you'd like let me know. I can bring you some purple hardy geranium and I'd love one of your bluish hosta if you have any left.

Esh and Pam -- thank you for your well wishes!

Vroomp -- thank you so much for all the info on L-Lysine, I was not aware of it. I copied it and will definitely look into this and ask my doctor about it as well. It's good to have as much info as possible and I'd definitely like to keep this from happening again. The only doctor I've seen so far was at the emergency room and he did not go into any depth about supplements, etc...that could possibly aid in my recovery or with prevention in the future. I'm going to follow up with my regular doctor and discuss it further with him this week. I did find a wealth of info on the internet about the condition and there are many supplements, especially some B vitamins that are thought to be beneficial for nerve health and regrowth for Bell's palsy patients so I have started on those in addition to the prescribed meds.

Danielle

• vroomp
    14 years ago

Janen, if you still have the Black Arum, I will take as many as you wish to part with. They will go well with my Sauromatum venosums. Let me know how many Mexican Petunias you would like. I am potting in one gallon containers.

• mk87
    14 years ago

esh -- Thank you! Blooms or no blooms, at least THIS year, I'll know what to do with them, to keep them around to bloom again NEXT year! LOL (You should see the ones that I didn't dig up and toss out...they are just full and gorgeous and blooming like mad!) :)

bmmalone -- I unlocked my email on my profile...would you mind sending directions and all of that stuff?

Hubby and I are looking forward to hopefully meeting a few of the great gardeners I get so much advice from here on GW!

• botanicat
    14 years ago

Danielle -I'm sorry to hear this and hope you are better soon.

Janen - Do you still have epimedium? Or if not, some red amaryllises, If so would you still be interested in foxgloves? I have Faerie Queen.

• janen
    14 years ago

vroomp - Black Arum for you, 1 pot of Mex. petunias sounds great. Thank you.

botanicat - Epimedium & red amaryllis for you, foxgloves would be great. Thanks

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Danielle,
    Hope you feel better and it clears up super fast. Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday! Take care, Amy

• bmmalone
    Original Author
    14 years ago

MK87 - I cannot access your email. There is no email on your page.
    Danielle - hope you feel better soon.

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

I forwarded the directions to mk87. Hope that was what you wanted, bmmalone!

• lucyatlanta
    14 years ago

Amy...
    The red star hibiscus and black elephant ear sounds great. I'll brink the husker red and alstromeria.

Botanicat...will bring hostas. The glads and possibly a dogwood will be appreciated

Danielle,
    I'm sorry to hear what's going on but look forward to seeing you Sat. Will bring the bluish hosta - the purple hardy geranium sounds good.

Turkeytaker...I believe you had the Lilac cuttings. If I have anything you want and a lilac remains I'd love to have it.

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

This is my list so far. Please let me know if I missed anyone:

Esh- bee balm

Pam- phlomis, red texas star hibiscus

Janen- phlomis, foxglove, sweet william

Turkeytaker- golden moneywort

Botanicat- naked lady lilys and purple sedum

Vroomp- sedum

vnginger- aguilar dk purple columbine, candy mint , naked lady lily bulbs

Danielle-dk purple columbine, foxglove

Barbara- wisteria

whoopie- Scabiosa, basil and nicotiana

LucyAtlanta- red star hibiscus, black elephant ear

If I forgot anything please let me know. Thank you, Amy

• botanicat
    14 years ago

My trade list so far:

Danielle -- purple irises, rose cuttings, and tomatoes for butterfly bush, hydrangea, and Pandora's box daylily

Amybabyboy -- rose cuttings for purple sedum and belladonna lily

Barbara -- Faerie queen foxgloves for dianthus

Esh - Tagetes lucida for native azalea

Lucyatlanta -- glads and dogwood for hostas

Janen -- foxgloves for amaryllis and epimedium

Let me know if I missed something.

Also, I have a small hickory which grew from a squirrel-planted seed in a pot. Don' t know what kind it is. It's probably about 18" tall.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals