Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faeriegardenmum

wanted: nga spring trade 2011

I decided to start this here. Whoever has time can keep up with it, thanks.

Comments (6)

• roswell_organic
    13 years ago

Hi Organic_gardenhag, I saw on another post that you are looking for native trees.
    I have a tulip tree at my house that you can have for free, if you are ok with digging it out (easy access). Good size. They volunteer at my house in the wrong places. :-)
    Also some native persimons, native maples and non native red jap maple.
    my email is yarasemail-1@yahoo.com, send me a direct email if you want to talk about setting a time to come over. Sorry I can't make the April 30th swap, sounds like so much fun, and making hyperturfa would be really cool too ( I just took a class at Oakhurst)

• vnginger
    13 years ago

roswell_organic,
    I'd be interested in a tulip tree if you have extra babies. Is it the Mary Jane? I'd be interested in persimons... I'll email you to see what you'd like!
    vnginger

• faeriegardenmum zone 6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well roswell_organic, I just bought a big tulip tree for $25, but did not know they volunteer, is it a weedy problem like Maples? Please tell me about the red maple, and I am looking for Persimmons. I have not made the hypertufas, I am fearless when it comes to that type of thing, but maybe I need you, and we could do it at a different time.
    vnginger- what about the Mary Jane, I guess I didn't do enough research? I would love it just because, my sister , no longer with us, was Mary Jane, I miss her so much. ? I do

• Iris GW
    12 years ago

'Mary Jane' is a cultivar of japanese magnolia (often referred to as tulip trees). I believe what roswell_organic is offering is Liriodendron tulipifera which is a relative of magnolia but is commonly known as "tuliptree" or sometimes "yellow poplar" (but it is not related to Poplar at all and true tree geeks cringe at the nickname! Liriodendron is a very common canopy tree in the Atlanta area, grows very fast, tall and straight. A great tree in it's own right.

OG, I would not call them "weedy" per se, but they do have some babies pop up.

• botanicat
    12 years ago

Is the trade in Adairsville still set for April 30? I should be able to come.

• faeriegardenmum zone 6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I was waiting to see if anyone was still interested, there only seemed to be a few of us. We may be able to make the hypertufa planters together, if there are just a few of us. I can provide the peatmoss, and maybe the portland cement, but everyone should buy ther own perlite, and think about their forms. A trough would be the easiest to do with two boxes, it will just be fun to see what we can come up with. There should be some discussion first, so we all understand what to expect. I am grounded from buying plants or even going to a trade. I sure couldn't refuse some plants if they came to my door: but I have so much tore up right now, I thought if anyone wanted something, we could dig it up on the spot. I was only able to collect the guara. I am still in IL until Wed. so will just have a bit of time before Sat. Let me know who all is still interested.

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm