Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: from lunch to brunch: spring plant trade

Posted by girlgroupgirl 8 Atlanta (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 07 at 22:01

Hello Everyone coming to the Atlanta area spring plant trade.

Since I have to work the day of the plant trade, Kathy suggested maybe we set up a brunch instead of a lunch for the trade. People are free to come to the trade early, I will be all set up for 9:00, (trade doesn't offically start until 11) and we can get a meal area ready inside. I will have the cats set up in rooms so people can feel free to come and go as they please and the beasts will not be able to escape.

How does that sound?

GGG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: from lunch to brunch: spring plant trade

Sounds good to me, although 9:00 is early!!! Should we start the trade at 10 instead of 11 to make sure everyone is gone by 1?

I'll bring a fruit salad of some kind.

o

I think 10 is hard for Squirley Pete, she comes a LONG way. But people can come and do the hanging out earlier than later for the trade, we can just flip flop. So come and eat and hang out. I'm sure it won't take us 2 whole hours to swop, it's usually the hanging out and getting boxes set up that takes so long.

GGG

o

I'm going to bring some Juicy Juice punch that would work for breakfast or lunch type foods.
Pam

o

I will have plenty of caffinated coffee and it's fixings, plates, cups, cutlery, and napkins (serviettes for all you Canadians!!). I can make some sort of an egg dish like a meat free strata.

Glynis

o

Hey Glynis. Thanks for thinking of me but actually 10:00 wouldn't be a problem for us if ya'll want to move it up. My mom and I will probably be coming from her place which is in Newnan so it's not like I'll be driving from Alabama the morning of the trade. Heck, it could start at 7:00 a.m. and we wouldn't miss this lol!

Whatever works best for your schedule will be just fine =)
Squirrellypete

o

OK, lets start at 10 and see how we do!

GGG

o

I'll bring something for the brunch -- not sure what yet.

Lucy

o

I am going to being my crock pot with a fruity oatmeal made with steel cut oats and dried fruits.

o

I was thinking about making a Portabella Mushroom and Andouille Sausage Quiche this year since it will be a bit early in the morning for Oysters.

o

Hi,
I'll bring a fruit bowl.

See you all there!

o

Still working on what to bring - - Earlier works fine for me.
Thx,
Brenda

o

I'll bring a breakfast casserole with beef sausage.

Squirrellypete

o

Hello all!! I'm a little late here, but I'm coming and will be there early before 10 hopefully :) I will have to think over what to bring for food! Lots has been taken already!! looking forward to meeting you! :)

Susan

o

My mom said she'll bring something like sweet rolls or honey buns.

Squirrellypete

o

I will make what I have made before, the potato dish with eggs , cheese and chipotle chili sauce.

GGG

o

I'm not sure I'll make it to the store tonight, my fruit salad might just be cantaloupe. But I see that someone else is also signed on to bring fruit salad, so maybe it will be ok.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Georgia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here