Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Great Siberian Iris Giveaway

Posted by sugarhill 7 (My Page) on
Sat, May 6, 06 at 21:58

Beginning next week I will be pulling out about a dozen Siberian iris. My orginal two irises have turned into 30 irises, and I need to clear out some of them for other plants. They all have copper blooms. All are healthy and vigorous and attract hummingbirds. Elegant plants and totally survive neglect.

I will dig and pot them (one gallon pots), and you can come pick them up. No trades needed or expected. Free to good homes. I hate to throw them in the trash, but have to get rid of some of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Great Siberian Iris Giveaway

Gah, couldn't get the send email form to load. :( I'm interested, depending on how far I'd have to drive to get to you. Mind tossing me an email, since apparently that page hates me? :)

(thedens@gmail.com, just in case it hates you too)

Denna

o

I'd be interested too depending on where you are. If you could please email me with more details I'd really appreciate it. Your Iris sound really beautiful!

Thanks so much,
Danita

o

We live in Roswell,just a jump down 400. I have never even SEEN copper Siberian Iris;I have white and the ubiquitous bright purple. I'd love to share the wealth you have.

o

wow, wish you lived on my road! LOL. When I separate my purple (wild ) iris... I sell them on EBAY! You know they sell fast, and well - make pocket change to buy something different!

If you had my neighbors, you could keep planting them at the mailbox.... nothing survives there.

Of course if you want to exchange for purple let me know.

o

Nancy are these still available? I would love some. Maybe when you meet Mulan I could get a pot?

o

Would love some of the iris you have available. Please email me with details. thanks

o

If you still have any iris left and will mail me some if i pay postage please email me. thanks

o

I've never heard of copper-colored siberian iris, either. Bet those would look great up next to my Work of Art rosebush in the back yard. . . . I'd have to dig up the purple siberian iris there now, but maybe it'd be worthwhile. Do you have any left?? If so, can you email me?

o

am i too late to get a few plants? If they are still available email me at Dredawg5000@gmail.com.

Thanks

o

The Siberian iris giveaway is closed. None of the people I emailed responded, so I threw the irises away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Georgia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here