Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Althea seedlings, some crape myrtle seedlings, two small a

Posted by turkeytaker Atlanta (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 07 at 11:37

I have two or three small crape myrtle seedlings, and tons of rose of sharon (most likely lavendar) seedlings. These are all volunteers and they're everywhere.

I also have two small azaleas. I know one is pink. They're recovering from some direct hits of roundup last year, but they're in an area where there is way too much light.

I am really bad at digging plants out and having them survive, so anyone who wants to come dig these is welcome to as many as they want. Please let me know if you're interested.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Althea seedlings, some crape myrtle seedlings, two sma

Hi, what color are the Crape Myrtle seedlings? Can you dig them up? What do you want to trade?

o

The crape myrtles are probably red or white -- those are the only two colors in the yard and neighboring yards.

I could dig them up, but they're likelihood of survival is far from guaranteed, if I do.

I'm not asking anything for trade if you come dig them up, and I currently have too much yard cleanup (a 30' pile of branches and limbs) to do to take on any more plants.

o

thanks for the response. I visit so infrequently I forget how to find my posts for answers!

I don't live near enough. If the crape myrtle is small, the tap root should be as long and easy to find. It is up to you, I ship in wet papertowel in a zip lock bag with great success.

Do you get to burn in your area? I have an arena full of broken limbs and pinecones I can't wait to set ablaze.!!

I also seem to have good luck with our trash men taking things if you bundle it small enough and do a little a week.

o

I hate killing things that I know someone else can dig up and save. I can see about nagging someone to dig them up for me, and I'll let you know when that happens.

We get to burn, but we can only burn small areas...really small. When smog season is over, it'll be a pyromaniac's pleasure. We've got a chipper but it doesn't take more than 4" diameter branches, so the big pieces pile up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Georgia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here