Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
westender_gw

WANTED: October 22 Trade Luncheon

WestEnder
18 years ago

This thread is for everyone who wants to sign up to bring items for lunch at our October 22 plant trade. The trade begins at 11:00 and we'll eat afterwards. At our spring trade we had lots of great food, and that was our first try at a covered dish luncheon, so I know we can outdo ourselves for the fall trade.

I'll start the ball rolling by offering to bring a homemade 3-layer carrot cake. You know what they say: Dessert First!!

Comments (22)

• wildflower
    18 years ago

I saw this yesterday but was waiting to see if anyone else would post here first! I'm not much of a cook, but can make potato salad....

• Marcy72
    18 years ago

i can bring quiche.... i'll make sure i have some for both vegetarians and carnivores- vegans are outta luck, though :)

• lindabeth
    18 years ago

Don"t know yet what we'll bring...but we are definitly coming and bringing something!! Last time,someone brought FABULOUS home baked bread!!!YUM!!

• girlgroupgirl
    18 years ago

Of course I will have something vegan, vegetarian and wheat free (if anyone needs complete gluten free, lemme know and it will be done!)

GGG

• nosyrosie
    18 years ago

Well, I guess we should have some meat -- I can bring little swedish meatballs from a recipe that a guy at my hubby's work has. They're really good and you can pop a bunch in your mouth before you know what hit you.

Rose

• lindagail41
    18 years ago

Westender,

Kathlin and I will provide coffee, ice tea, paper plates, forks, spoons, and napkins.

Linda

• pins2006
    18 years ago

Rose, bring the recipe, too. They sound great! I'll bring something, but I don't know just what. About how many people will probably be there?

• WestEnder
    Original Author
    18 years ago

pins2006,
    It seemed to me at the spring trade that about 20 people stayed after the trade to eat lunch. More people came to the trade itself. I wasn't counting heads, though, so that number may not be right.

As with any covered dish luncheon, though, I wouldn't worry about feeding any certain number of people; just bring something to share, and if everyone brings something, there will be plenty for everyone to eat.

• lucyatlanta
    18 years ago

I will bring something for the lunch -- not sure what yet. The Carrot Cake sounds divine. -Lucy

• Kathy Bochonko
    18 years ago

I will bring something but I can't plant that far in advance.

• zasha
    18 years ago

I would love to attend the swap. I can bring something. Perhaps some potato salad or something simple like that from costcos?

• lindabeth
    18 years ago

We are bringing a banana/nut-bread loaf and a gingerbread loaf.
    Lindabeth and Bill Laney

• whoopie
    18 years ago

We will be there and bring something - sounds like so much fun.

• vroomp
    18 years ago

I could bring something special if I could use the oven for 15 minutes. I also have 3 large (12"x24") chaffing dishes available for use if needed. Let me know if that's ok.

• Kathy Bochonko
    18 years ago

I think I will bring a black bean salad.

• bmmalone
    18 years ago

I will bring some chips and dip (homemade dip if I have time)

• pam_3
    18 years ago

My mom and I will be bringing some sort of salad and she's making her homemade pound cake. Yum!
    Pam

• girlgroupgirl
    18 years ago

I have decided that I am bringing something vegetarian but not vegan. It's a strange but delicious dish of baked mashed potatoes, eggs and cheese with an adobo chilli tomato sauce on it. Something new to try, and so easy and quick to make!

GGG

• WestEnder
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I just wanted to post what I think is an updated menu, based on all the specific food posts so far. I thought this might make it easier for anyone still undecided about what to bring.

BBQ Pork (rdhanson)
    vegetarian casserole with baked mashed potatoes, eggs & cheese, and adobo chili tomato sauce (girlgroupgirl)
    swedish meatballs (nosyrosie)
    quiche (marcy72)
    potato salad (wildflower)
    carrot cake (westender)
    homemade pound cake and some sort of salad (pam_3 and her mother)
    black bean salad (kathyga)
    gingerbread loaf and banana nut bread loaf (lindabeth and bill laney)
    chips & homemade dip (bmmalone)
    coffee, iced tea, paper plates, forks, spoons, napkins (lindagail & kathlin)

I might also bring chili. That would have beef and beans in it, if so.

There will be electricity available if you want to bring your dish in an electric chafing dish or crockpot.

Please remember to bring a serving spoon if you are bringing a dish that needs one.

Looking forward to all this good food! Thanks to everyone.

• lucyatlanta
    18 years ago

Westender,
    I will bring a pasta salad. Can't wait. --Luct

• vnginger
    18 years ago

Guess I will bring soft drinks & some thing salty.

• gottahosta
    18 years ago

Lindagail

I'm late with submitting my dish. I'm bringing nutty party brown rice with cranberries.

Soon!!

Brenda

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH