Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: October 22 Trade Luncheon

Posted by WestEnder z7 Atlanta GA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 28, 05 at 13:18

This thread is for everyone who wants to sign up to bring items for lunch at our October 22 plant trade. The trade begins at 11:00 and we'll eat afterwards. At our spring trade we had lots of great food, and that was our first try at a covered dish luncheon, so I know we can outdo ourselves for the fall trade.

I'll start the ball rolling by offering to bring a homemade 3-layer carrot cake. You know what they say: Dessert First!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: October 22 Trade Luncheon

I saw this yesterday but was waiting to see if anyone else would post here first! I'm not much of a cook, but can make potato salad....

o

• Posted by Marcy72 z7/8 Atlanta GA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 31, 05 at 17:45

i can bring quiche.... i'll make sure i have some for both vegetarians and carnivores- vegans are outta luck, though :)

o

Don"t know yet what we'll bring...but we are definitly coming and bringing something!! Last time,someone brought FABULOUS home baked bread!!!YUM!!

o

Of course I will have something vegan, vegetarian and wheat free (if anyone needs complete gluten free, lemme know and it will be done!)

GGG

o

Well, I guess we should have some meat -- I can bring little swedish meatballs from a recipe that a guy at my hubby's work has. They're really good and you can pop a bunch in your mouth before you know what hit you.

Rose

o

Westender,

Kathlin and I will provide coffee, ice tea, paper plates, forks, spoons, and napkins.

Linda

o

Rose, bring the recipe, too. They sound great! I'll bring something, but I don't know just what. About how many people will probably be there?

o

pins2006,
It seemed to me at the spring trade that about 20 people stayed after the trade to eat lunch. More people came to the trade itself. I wasn't counting heads, though, so that number may not be right.

As with any covered dish luncheon, though, I wouldn't worry about feeding any certain number of people; just bring something to share, and if everyone brings something, there will be plenty for everyone to eat.

o

I will bring something for the lunch -- not sure what yet. The Carrot Cake sounds divine. -Lucy

o

I will bring something but I can't plant that far in advance.

o

I would love to attend the swap. I can bring something. Perhaps some potato salad or something simple like that from costcos?

o

We are bringing a banana/nut-bread loaf and a gingerbread loaf.
Lindabeth and Bill Laney

o

We will be there and bring something - sounds like so much fun.

o

I could bring something special if I could use the oven for 15 minutes. I also have 3 large (12"x24") chaffing dishes available for use if needed. Let me know if that's ok.

o

I think I will bring a black bean salad.

o

I will bring some chips and dip (homemade dip if I have time)

o

My mom and I will be bringing some sort of salad and she's making her homemade pound cake. Yum!
Pam

o

I have decided that I am bringing something vegetarian but not vegan. It's a strange but delicious dish of baked mashed potatoes, eggs and cheese with an adobo chilli tomato sauce on it. Something new to try, and so easy and quick to make!

GGG

o

I just wanted to post what I think is an updated menu, based on all the specific food posts so far. I thought this might make it easier for anyone still undecided about what to bring.

BBQ Pork (rdhanson)
vegetarian casserole with baked mashed potatoes, eggs & cheese, and adobo chili tomato sauce (girlgroupgirl)
swedish meatballs (nosyrosie)
quiche (marcy72)
potato salad (wildflower)
carrot cake (westender)
homemade pound cake and some sort of salad (pam_3 and her mother)
black bean salad (kathyga)
gingerbread loaf and banana nut bread loaf (lindabeth and bill laney)
chips & homemade dip (bmmalone)
coffee, iced tea, paper plates, forks, spoons, napkins (lindagail & kathlin)

I might also bring chili. That would have beef and beans in it, if so.

There will be electricity available if you want to bring your dish in an electric chafing dish or crockpot.

Please remember to bring a serving spoon if you are bringing a dish that needs one.

Looking forward to all this good food! Thanks to everyone.

o

Westender,
I will bring a pasta salad. Can't wait. --Luct

o

Guess I will bring soft drinks & some thing salty.

o

Lindagail

I'm late with submitting my dish. I'm bringing nutty party brown rice with cranberries.

Soon!!

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Georgia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here