Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: fall trade 2006

Posted by bmmalone 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 29, 06 at 14:54

Thanks all for the posts on the discussions forum. I know that i cant do the last weekend in Ocotber, but i think that the others are fine. Lets just decide on a day that suits most people. FYI i am in Sandy Springs, between I75 and Roswell Road (about a mile north of the perimeter). Very easy to get to from most locations.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: fall trade 2006

I'll be out of town the last weekend in October, other than that I hope to be there.

Jayman

o

All Saints Episcopal Church has its annual retreat the first weekend in October in N.C.So that is out for us. We saw Barbara's garden in its first year,and we can't wait to see what time,& love (and hard work)have done!!

o

All Saints Episcopal Church has its annual retreat the first weekend in October in N.C.So that is out for us. We saw Barbara's garden in its first year,and we can't wait to see what time,& love (and hard work)have done!!

o

ok, sounds like the 14th or 21st works best for most people. Just let me know.

o

The last weekend is best for me. But if you schedule for 10/14, I will try to go... Hate to miss it... I already missed the spring trade. 10/14 is my mom's bday... maybe i can try to get some of her favorite plants for her bday before I go to see her???? 10/21 is not good for me. Thanks.

o

• Posted by vsjo z7GA (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 4, 06 at 11:09

I am very interested in the fall trade; this will be my first. Sandy Springs will be easy for me to get to. The middle of Oct sounds like a fine time. I will be watching this forum for more information.

o

I can do either the 14th or the 21st.

o

Last weekend I can not do, but the middle of October should be good!!

GGG

o

i really would like to firm up the date. Can we vote on the 14th and 21st October? Thanks

o

I vote for Oct 14th.

o

I'm lookin' good for the 14th!

GGG

o

Either is fine for me
Linda Gail

o

I vote for the 14th also.

o

I'm good either the 14th or 21st and will be glad to help out. Anxious to lock-in a date. --Lucy

o

I am good for either date. Do we have a trade list started? Let's get going. It's already the last of August.

o

looks like it will be October 14th for the fall plant trade. Let the trading begin!!

o
RE: have: fall trade 2006

I have limelight artemesia, iris, daylilies, autumn joy seedum, a fountain, and probably a lot more once it gets a little cooler and i get out in the garden again for longer periods than i do now.

o

I will definately have "Salvia black and blue", Salvia Guarantica (but I will only bring this one if someone asks specifically for it!). Of course I will try to have more, but this is definately what I do have now.

Pins, I may have some mini-hostas for you. Small divisions, but they should look better by spring if given time to grow over winter.
By the time of the trade, gingers will have bloomed too. I can let you know what I've got then.

What I am looking for in particular are plugs of grasses. Native grasses are my most wanted...but I really any kind of perennial grasses. It will be sometime before I can do a total makeover of the property beside us, and some native grasses would surely fill in the back yard nicely until then. Plus we won't have to pay anyone to mow those!!

GGG

o

I don't know what else I'll have by then, but last week I dug up a whole bed of creeping fig and divided the very mature rootstock into about ten pots of various sizes, some are gallon pots and some are smaller, but all have several plants that could probably be divided again when they are planted into the ground. I'll be bringing all of these pots for sure, plus whatever else I can find, divide or propagate by October.

o

Thanks, GGG. I would love the hostas if they are ready.

I will have some black eyed susans, a division of creeping raspberry, helleborous babies, the green flowered helleborous, strawberry begonias, and purple roof irises. I may have more, but I need to get rid of the weeds that are hiding my good plants before I can see what I have.

Carmen

o

Guess what?
I probably can not get to the darned trade!! Hubby made plans for band to practise and record that day. Other members are all from other states so this is the "big deal" to get everyone here!

I can however get your plants to you Carmen. That is not a problem! I will take some photos of the hostas I have so you may choose. OK?

GGG

o

I would love to participate in the trade.

Extras I have are

black eyed susan
purple coneflower
fig (mystery, tastes good, came with the house)
piggy back plant
lychnis
pineapple sage (small 6-12 inches)
black and blue sage
culinary sage
oregano
rosemary

currently rooting,
ballerina rose
green cutleaf Japanese maple
camellia sinesis (makes green tea leaves)

whatever else I can fit in the truck !

Harriet
annason@aol.com

o

pins2006,
Do your creeping raspberries have thorns? I am also interested in your helleborous babies, & the green flowered helleborous.

I am looking for fruit bearing bushes/trees/vines. Please let me know what you want in exchange.

I am also looking for Japanese Morning Glory seeds (or unusual MG ones), climbing hydrangeas, deep lilac-color crape myrtles, lilacs, snowball hydrangea (r these the ones that bloom early in the spring?), yellow camillias. Please let me know what you are looking for.

o

vnginger, no, the creeping respberries don't have thorns. They also don't have raspberries. lol Here is a link where you can find out more about it.

I'll be glad to give you the helleborous - both kinds. Anything else?

lzygrdner, I'd love to have some pineapple sage. Do you think it would overwinter outside or is that iffy? I want to be able to have it take off next spring.

Everybody, since I can't edit my first post, I want to add that I have Japanese anemones for trade. I know I owe somebody some from the spring trade where I plum forgot to bring it. Please let me know who you are, cause I can't remember at all, and I want to fulfill my end of the trade.

Carmen

o

I am going to try to make starts of my veilchenblau rose. You can see a picture of it in full bloom at this link, I hope:

http://photos.gardenweb.com/garden/galleries/2006/09/veilchenblau.html

this is the veilchenblau listed on "Garden Galleries" - this is the only way I could figure out how to post a decent picture at all. (Another picture is in that gallery called something like "walk away from my house" and "walk to my house" - Carmen, you should take a look, since you've been to my garden a couple of years ago you could see the difference.

I will also have to weed before I know what I've got but sure would be nice to be there (no gym meet that I know of...)

Harriet, I am such a sucker for roses and I've always wanted Ballerina rose; you need to post your needs.

ta,
Rose

o

Wow! It's beautiful!! Is it really that purple? I need to come by and see it in person, even if it isn't flowering. (How's that for inviting myself to tour your beautiful garden? lol) If you do make starts, please include one for me.

Carmen

o

i have gladioli bulbs if anyone wants any

o

You got it Carmen. In the past they've been easy to root but this being fall, I'm not sure it will do as well as in the spring.
rb

o

Carmen,
I'm not organized enough to post my list of available plants, but I would love some japanese anemone. Can't seem to have luck with purchased ones, maybe a traded one will do better for me.
Linda

o

Anyone interested in Heliotrope "Fragrant Delight"? It's a summer annual, but can be used indoors in winter. I do find the fragrance delightfully vanilla-y.
Other items to trade:

* Achillea (yarrow - white)
* Agastache (Korean and another I forget)
* Astilbe (white)
* Heuchera (Palace Purple - I think)
* Hosta (Alba marginata and many others I don't know)
* Lantana camera (Mrs. Huff), Lantana (Athens Rose)
* Liriope muscari (Big Blue)
* Penstemon (pink)
* Persicaria (Red Dragon)
* Rudbeckia (R. fulgida and Cutleaf coneflower)
* Solidago (Goldenrod - fireworks)
* Tradescantia (Spiderwort - blue)
* Baby Hellebores

May be more...I'll have to look around some more.

I'm seeking sun loving fragrant plants, preferably less than 3ft tall. Natives, especially ferns.
Thanks!
Pam

o

Pam, I would love to get Penstemon (pink)and Persicaria (Red Dragon)from you. I don't know if I have any fragrant plants that you would like, but please check my list to see if we can make a trade.

Carmen

o

Pam, I would love some hellebores if you have any left.

I also have some hardy hibiscus to trade, and some yellow yarrow. Also some white sedum (looks like autumn joy).

o

Linda, I have Honorine Joubert. It's about to pop. I can bring you at least one; I'll have to take a look at it later when I'm puttering about and see if I can get more than one. They've definitely multiplied - they seem pretty indestructible.

Rose

o

So far so good on the 14th for me. Here goes:

HAVES:
'Knockout Rose' -- rooted cuttings (color is deep rosey red, not blood red)
'Flowercarpet Pink' Rose -- rooted cuttings
'Mister Lincoln' Rose -- rooted cuttings
Butterfly Bush -- rooted cuttings
'Black Knight'
'White Profusion'
'Honeycomb'
'Nanho Purple'
'Royal Red'
'Pink Delight'
'Limelight' Artemesia -- rooted cuttings
'August Beauty' Gardenia -- rooted cuttings
Chrysanthemum 'Ryan's Pink' -- Divisions & rooted cuttings
Forsythia -- rooted cuttings
'Tardiva' P.G. Hydrangea white blooms turn pink -- rooted cuttings
Ligustrum -- small rooted cuttings
Abelia (we think 'Edward Goucher') -- rooted cuttings
Salvia 'Navajo Bright Red' -- rooted cuttings
Perennial Verbena 'Homestead Purple' -- rooted cuttings
Perennial Verbena 'Taylortown Red' -- rooted cuttings
Weigelia 'Pink Princess' -- rooted cuttings
Weigelia (variegated) -- rooted cuttings
Daylilies (single fans)
'Wild Horses'
'Sammy Russell'
Loropetalum -- small rooted cuttings
Creeping Phlox 'Foothill' -- rooted cuttings
Lamb's Ear -- divisions
Sedum 'Matrona' -- plants
White Yarrow -- divisions
Boxleaf Euonymus -- rooted cuttings (evergreen)
'Lady In Red' Hydrangea -- rooted cuttings
'Natchez' Crape Myrtle -- rooted cuttings
'Lipan' Crape Myrtle -- rooted cuttings
'Carolina Beauty' & 'Sioux' Crape Myrtle -- rooted cuttings (these cuttings got mixed up so could be either one)
Balloon Flower -- rooted cuttings (mixed -- could be pink, white or blue/purple)
'Boulevard' Blue False Cypress -- rooted cuttings
Blue/purple False Indigo -- small rooted cuttings
Burgundy Hardy Hibiscus -- rooted cuttings
'Luna Blush' Hardy Hibiscus -- rooted cuttings
Pink Hardy Hibiscus -- rooted cuttings
Spirea -- rooted cuttings
1 gallon metal paint cans (some have lids, some don't)
Personalized signs made from Cypress wood (these are hand engraved with a wood-burning pen and can take hours to do even small ones so nothing over 2 feet long at this time -- e-mail me for further details if interested or would like to see pics.

WANTS -- tons of stuff including HUGE list of non-plant material at the bottom of the list. You have been warned!!:

Roses -- plants and/or cuttings (would especially like some climbers but interested in all kinds & colors. Also Looking for an older climber called 'Golden Showers'.
Hydrangea plants and/or cuttings (lost many of the cuttings I was given at the spring trade to the drought)
Datura
Confederate Rose
Rhubarb
Water Hyacinth
Daylilies: (Have a number of varieties so please e-mail me for list of haves/wants)
Brug cuttings or small plants (any varieties/colors)
Any butterfly bush varieties EXCEPT:
'Black Knight'
'White Profusion'
'Pink Delight'
'Honeycomb'
'Nanho Purple'
'Nanho Blue'
'Royal Red'
Indian Hawthorne (Pink or white varieties)
Agapanthus (already have 'Elaine', 'Peter Pan', & 'Liliput'
Hardy Amaryllis (St. Joseph's Lily -- white or pink)
Astilbe (prefer non-whites)
Azalea (whites, pinks & reds)
Dahlias
Hardy Geranium (Cranesbill -- any colors)
Hardy Hibiscus 'Copper King', 'Texas Star', or any others besides basic pink or 'Luna Blush'.
Bearded Iris (all colors)
Tall garden Phlox (already have 'Franz Schubert', 'Robert Poore' & 'David')
Rose of Sharon (any color single bloom variety but purple. Any doubles including purple)
Perennial Salvias (any I don't already have -- please e-mail for list)
Heuchera, Tiarella & Heucherella
Spider Lilies (any color)
'Crippsii' False Cypress (Chamaecyparis)
'Gold Mops' False Cypress (Chamaecyparis)
Centranthus
Foxglove
Hollyhocks
Verbascum
Clematis (any but Jackmanii & Dr. Ruppel)
Lilac hybrids
Pink Lavender
Hostas -- any named varieties
'Loyalist' Hosta'
'White Christmas' Hosta
Japanese Blood Grass
Riverbirch tree/seedling
Japanese Cherry Tree Seedling (any color)
Flowering Almond Tree/seedling
Purple Smoke Tree/Seedling
Flowering Plum Tree/Seedling
'Valerie Finnis' Artemesia
Penstemon
'Winter Glut' Bergenia
Alstroemeria
Creeping Phlox -- any colors but lavender
Japanese Maples (especially fond of laceleaf varieties)
White Perennial Verbena (does it even exist in this zone?)
Weigelia hybrids (already have 'Pink Princess' & variegated)
WANTED NON-PLANT MATERIAL -- have tons of projects!!!:
Plastic pots (anything from 4-inch to 3 gallon but especially need 1 qt size)
Tools (small working chainsaw, limb cutters, hand pruner, shovels, rakes, pitchfork, power hand saw, power table saw, power sanders, etc...)
Extra PVC pipe, shade cloth, old wooden or metal fencing, split-rail fencing, landscaping timbers, bricks, cinder blocks, partially-used bags of cement mix, old pond liners, old pond pumps, treated pine lumber, soaker and water hoses, aluminum window screen frames (the kind that use spline to hold the screen in place), Any interesting metal or wrought iron items to decorate the garden with, Old glass or half-glass doors (missing or broken glass is fine), Potting Soil/Sphagnum Moss/Compost, watering timers, sprinklers, metal garden labels, , extension cords, wooden lattice, space heaters, exhaust fan/louvre, basically any materials for building/operating homemade greenhouse, large metal drums/barrels, window/porch screening, Wood or metal arbor,

medium/large old-fashioned iron teapot
Any old wooden furniture or doors,
Artificial Christmas Tree Storage bags
Working color computer monitor
working white Christmas Lights and Icicle Lights
White tulle/netting (using for wedding decoration)
Old chain link dog pen
Adult wooden rocking chairs
Free-standing shelving units (metal, wood, plastic, etc..)
Old wooden headboards/footboards
metal porch/entry-way light fixtures (working or non-working)

OK, I've literally emptied my head of every possible thing I could use this coming year. Sorry for the long read but you never know what folks may have sitting around that they might not think about for a plant swap. I've been looking for many of these items on Freecycle so thought I'd try my luck here as well.

And if you don't have anything from my want list please don't hesitate to tempt me with other plants or items as well --Thanks. Squirrellypete

o

Carmen,
Yes, you can have some Penstemon and Persicaria. These should be divisions, maybe a little small. I'll let you know once I've dug them up. Can I trade for a clump of fragrant hosta? And maybe one of your green flowered Hellebores?

Barbara,
I do have more Hellebores. I have babies, and I think it's possible to divide, too. I'm interested in your Limelight Artemesia, if it's not a garden thug.
Pam

o

nosyrosie -- I'd love a start of your vielchenblau rose too if you make some.

Pam -- I'd like some of your Miss Huff lantana

I have a few more items to add to my trade list too
HAVE:
'Blue Hill' Salvia -- plants
'Fairtale' Veronica (I think) -- plants
'First Choice' Spirea -- small rooted cuttings
Rosemary -- small rooted cuttings
'Madame Plantier' rose -- rooted cuttings
'Flowercarpet White' rose -- rooted cuttings
'Fuji Whtie' Balloon Flower -- rooted cuttings
'Orange Perfection' Phlox -- rooted cuttings, and it's not true orange despite its name, more of a salmon color
unknown Purple Hydrangea -- rooted cuttings
'Purity' Candytuft -- small rooted cuttings
And all the wild Black Eyed Susans you'd ever want. These seedlings took over my garden this year. These are healthy 1-year old plants of varying size which should bloom next year and when they go to seed they will take over the area. They form beautiful foliage mounds but they belong in a field or natural border, not a bed.

Squirrellypete

o

Does anyone want some red dock? I have three of them to trade, all about one quart size. A nice way to get some red into the shade garden. Will trade them for whatever a red dock is worth to you.

o

Squirrellypete,
The Miss Huff Lantana is all yours. Could I have a blue false indigo in trade? Thanks.

I *may* have some Asclepias tuberosa, if I can save them from the lawn mower today. I'll also be bringing some gardening books.
Pam

o

Hi Pam. Thanks for the lantana; I'll put you down for some Blue false indigo.

Squirrellypete

o

Squirrellypete, could I get some fairytale veronica, fugi white balloom flower, and purity candytuft? Let me know what you would like.

Pam 3, you can have several gren helloborus, but my dh went crazy on a windy day with roundup, and my hostas have taken a nose dive. I have lost several, and I am so upset. Hopefully some will come back next springa and I can trade then. Is there anything else of mine that you would like?

Carmen

o

Hi Carmen. Got you down for all three. I'd like some of your purple roof Iris.

Thanks! Squirrellypete

o

Lzygardner, I am interested in your camellia sinesis. Please look at my list and see if I have anything you would like to trade for.

vnginger, any chance you are thinking of snowball viburnum rather than hydrangea? If so, I have some. Check my list of wants.

Pam, I would like your lantana 'Athens Rose'. Anything on my list of have that you would like to trade for?

Rose, I would love the Honorine Joubert, if you see anything on my list I have to trade for it. I know you are "a sucker for roses." I haven't propagated any this year (except 'KnockOut'). I think I have a two-year old Belinda's Dream, I will check after the rain. But if you can deal with fresh cuttings, you can have anything I have. Let me know if you would like to see a list of those.

Squirrely, I have a bundle of tulle scraps, nothing more than a square yard, one outdoor light fixture (I can't imagine where the other one went) flowering almond, hibiscus 'Texas Star', and pretty sure I can pull up lots of river birch when the rain ends. (I'm loving this rain!)
I would like a hydrangea 'Tardiva' and your salvia 'Navajo Bright Red'.
These are some of the things I have to trade at this point:

aegopodium (bishop's weed)
amaryllis red
artemisia abrotanum (southern wood)
aster white--stays a foot or less if I cut it back drastically after it blooms''
aster 'Purple Dome'--stays short and compact without pruning
blackberry lily
campanula 'Elizabeth'
centaura montana
coreopsis, pink
creeping fig
chrysogonum (green and gold)
daisy 'Alaska'
dianthus 'Bath's Pink'
dicentra cucullaris (Dutchmen's breeches)
gaultheria
grape hyacinth
heuchera
hardy ageratum
hardy begonia
helleboro seedlings
lime thyme, rosemary, chives, savory, sage, marjoram, dill (new seedlings)
hydrangea cuttings, well rooted (Penny Mac, Dooley, Glowing Embers, others)
hemerocallis 'Little Fat Dazzler', and short, bright yellow
hibiscus 'Texas Star'
Japanese maple babies
loropetalum 'Razzleberri'
mahonia seedlings
oxalis
pratia pedunculata (blue star creeper)
rain lily
ruellia 'Katie' 8" tall compact
sedum: 'Rosy Glow', variegated spectablis, 'Autumn Joy'
tiarella
tuberose
Jerusalem cherry
euonymus alata
gardenias
itea 'Henry's Garnet'
Viburnum macrocephalum (maple leaf snowball)
pratia pedunculata (blue star creeper)

By special request: monkey grass, mondo grass, nandina, white ginger lily 'Mama Claude's', yellow canna, setcresia (purple heart), peony (pink), verbena 'Homestead Purple'

Things I want

ruellia elegans
golden seal
lemon verbena
goat's beard--aruncus aethusifolius
jeffersonia diphylla
spirea japonica 'Shibori'
gillenia trifoliata --bowman's root
mukdenia (I hope I'm spelling it right, I can't find the article right now).

That may be all, or it may not!
Linda

o

Hi Linda. You have mail!

Squirrellypete

o

I don't have much to trade this fall. I have, as usuall, plenty of Sedums and Creeping Jenny, some Mazus, a couple hardy ferns(Thelypteris torresiana),one or two Spider Lillies (Hymenocallis X Festalis), a couple Pink Angel Trumpets, one White Angel Trumpet and of course a few more hardy Amaryllis(which are really Hippeastrum (Orange Soveriegn)) and one Vitex Tree from a rooted cutting.
Seeds I have are:
Purple Hyacinth Bean Vine
Asclepias currasavica (Blood Flower)
Sensative Plant (Mimosa pudica)
Strawberry Gomphrena
Purple Gomphrena
Toothache/Eyeball Plant(Spilanthes acmela)

I also have a single Agave Americana(Cetury Plant) that is a rooted sucker from my parent plant. This plant is not hardy here and must be protected in winter plus it takes 15 years to bloom so you have to really want it. Awesome center-piece for a large pot.

As usall my want list is simple too.
Sedum Autumn Joy
Hardy Hibiscus (Any color)
Hydrangeas (especially Oak Leaf)
Aucuba if you have varigated form

Oh Yeah, I will be bringing a pair of pink colored pig candle holders on shepherds hooks for Door Prizes if we are offering door prizes this time.

o

Carmen, Do you have any roof irises left?

Lindagail, the Lantana "Athens Rose" will probably be a cutting. Is that ok? If so, I'll trade for the centaura montana.

Pam

o

I've got cuttings of veilchenblau looking pretty good for Carmen, squirrellypete, and vnginger. Also will pot up a couple of anemone Hon. Joubert for Lindagail.

Lindagail, I could use some chrysogonum.
squirrelypete: what kind of spirea do you have? Does it have the lime green foliage with hot pink flowers - I love most of those. Or is it white, like bridalwreath spirea or spirea vanhouttei? In any event, I'd like a cutting of that.

This is at bmmalone's house? (Barbara, right?) Don't forget to add me to your email telling us where this is taking place.

thanks, Rose

o

Vroomp -- I have some more Hardy Hibiscus cuttings I can bring you. Have pink ones that will get HUGE, a red burgundy color and 'Luna Blush'.

nosyrosie -- I have cuttings from a white form which I am told is Bridalwreath. Also have a few cuttings of a blue/purple variety called 'First Choice' which supposedly stays compact and only grows to 3 feet or so.

Squirrellypete

o

I have:

Taro (elephant ears)
Tall white-flowered ginger
baby hostas I grew from seed
Orange daylilies
Southern wood ferns
Bearded Iris of various colors
Louisiana Iris (flag iris)
An autumn fern or two

I'm looking for:

Miss Huff lantana
Rudbeckia (black-eyed susans)
Four-o'-clock seeds that I can scatter
Hostas of all sorts
Cast iron plant
Anything else you think is nice in partial shade/ shade
Anything good for dry shade

o

Squirrley and Pam 3, I have roof irises for both of you.

Vroomp, I have sedum Autumn Joy for you, and maybe I can find a rooted Oak Leaf hydrangea. If not, I can certainly bring you cuttings.

Lindagail, if they are not spoken for, could I have a white aster, a dicentra cucullaris, and a pink coreopsis? Please let me know what you would like of mine.

Carmen

o

Esther -- I have tons of Black Eyed Susans. I'd love to trade for some Bearded Iris (would love any colors except Burgundy).

Squirrellypete

o
RE: fall trade 2006

I just got in a few new plants for the garden -- if anyone would like me to try to root some cuttings of these by trade just let me know. Otherwise I'll just wait until Spring to try:

'White Knight' Weigelia
'Sunset' Hyssop (hot pink)
'Coronado' Hyssop (orange/yellow)

Squirrellypete

o

Vroomp,

I completely forgot to ask if you still have the rooted cutting of the vitex. I bought one from Pikes for $25 and it is totally dead. I'm taking it back today, so I really do need yours. Please let me know if it is available so I'll know if I have to buy another one or not.

Carmen

o

esthermgr,
I'll be bringing some "Alba Marginata" Hosta, if you're interested. I have other unnamed hostas (solid and variegated), too.
Pam

o

Pins, thanks for the Autumn Joy and hopefully the Oak Leaf Hydrangea. The Vitex is yours. I shall pot it up this weekend as it is actually growing in the ground right now.

Squirrellypete, I will take those Hibiscus if you don't mind. Can you please pot them up soon so they have a chance to grow a bit in the pots. Your last trade of Honeycomb Buddleja unfortunately did not survive until I could transplant it. I almost had it resuscitated but, when it looked like it was going to bounce back it just wilted and died. Did I have anything you wanted?

o

Vroomp -- so sorry the 'Honeycomb' did not make it. I have a recent crop that were transplanted into pots after rooting and have been growing in them now for about 6 weeks and are doing very well. Would you like a replacement for it? I can bring you extras too if you would like.

I will go ahead and pot up some extra Hibiscus for you tomorrow. I also have an Oakleaf Hydrangea for you. I will also pot that up now to give it extra time to adjust.

I'd love a white Angel Trumpet and/or spider lilies if you still have those.

Sincerely, Squirrellypete

o
RE: fall trade 2006

Would love to especially do some daylily trading. I just did some fall dividing/transplanting and here's some extra named varieties I have available. Most of these will be single fan divisions. Would like to trade for other named varieties I don't already have. Please e-mail me if interested in swapping.

HAVE:

Little wine Cup
Chorus Line
Wild Horses
Sammy Russell
President Betty Williams
Dune Buggy
Pardon Me
Tuscawilla Tigress
Darius
Pixie Beauty
Winsome Lady
Royal Garnet
Luxury Lace
Unknown miniature orchid pink bi-tone
Leebea Orange Crush
Pandora's Box
Plum Perfect
Possibly more to come....

Thanks. Squirrellypete

o

SquirrellyPete I put you down for a spider Lilly and one White Angel Trumpet (which still leaves one left everyone). And I would love another Honeycomb!! Thanks!!

o

esthermgr,
I would like some southern wood fern. From your want list I can bring rudbeckia, hostas, or cast iron plant. Let me know if we can make a trade.
Linda

o

Hi, all

I will have Angel Trumpet cuttings and hostas to trade.

Hostas- check my trade list, and email me.

Brugmansias-

Cypress Gardens- low, spreading very heavy flowering
Isabella- Pink, with 4-5 flushes of blossoms
Dr. Seuss- Yellow changing to gold, taller lots of blossoms
Orange- unknown- glowing orange on a tall plant.

All of above very fragrant.

I will bring misc. for give away.

I'm looking for Japanese Iris and hardy or tropical hibiscus. Tempt me! lol!

Any fancy daffodil bulbs.

o

i haven't read the previous messages, so if any trades are pending i should be able to reply next week. BUT, i do have a lot of slate tiles that were taken up from an outside patio. The largest is just over 12" x 18", but most are smaller. If you would like some please let me know

o

I plan to be there. Please check my trade list which is updated, rather than I re-posting here. Thank you.

o

Will someone please email the directions to me? I have no idea where to go.

Thanks,
Carmen

o

I need direction too.

o

Please email me an address. I know Sandy Springs like the back of my hand and don't need directions.

o
WANTED: Details on Fall Plant Trade 2006

Has the date been decided for the Fall trade? Would appreciate direction to where to go and what to bring. Looking forward to it. Thanks --Lucy

o

Here is my have list. Please pre-arrage trade if you definetly want something on this list.
African Iris hardy here
Arboricola Tree - house plant, 7 feet tall but one side has some damage.

Boltonia asteroides 'Snowbank'

Black Berry Lily
Bromeliad 1
Brug - pink cuttings, unrooted
Butterfly bush, Buddleia Lindleyana
Chive
Climbing Spanich roots
Coreopsis Sun Ray
Crinium
Dayliliy Double Orange
Four O'Clock pink
Jade Plant 1
Japanese Anemones White
Loquat Tree - ~2 feet tall - 1 tree
Lily of the Valley white
Mexican evening primrose pink
Mexican Petunia
Mexican Terragon
Plumeria 1 small seedling, 1 medium size ~2-3 ft and 1 large size ~4-5 ft for things on my want list
Raseberry
Red Hot Poker
Rudbeckia Nitida 'Herbstsonne'
Rudbeckia Black Eye Susan
Salvia Guaranitica - Prennial Deep Blue Anise Sage
Salvia Koyamae - Prennial Japanese Yellow Sage
Sedum Autumn Joy
Swamp Sun Flower
Tall Breaded Iris mixed

o

Please email me the directions. Looks like I may get to come. This is my first swap and I don't have a lot of variety to bring but I do have the following:

These have been growing in pots a while: (Don't know variety unless specified)
Japanese maples - 1-2 feet tall)-several
Sugar maples - 1 1/2 feet tall and up - several
Fairy rose (pink) (1)
Annabelle hydrangea (1)
Tall phlox (1)
Early blooming blue phlox (1)
Banshee rose (1) but can dig some more
Madame Plantier (if I can remember which one it is)

I have antique roses and can definely take cuttings of the following:
Madame Plantier
Mrs. B R Cant (may have one of these already rooted)
Marie Van Houtte
Either New Dawn or Dr. Van Fleet (climbing) - my vote is for the doctor
Caldwell Pink (Climbing)
Cherokee rose
Mons. Tillier
Cecile Brunner

Seed:
Hollyhocks
Purple Hyacinth vine

THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE:
Bulbs such as crinum, amaryllis, and spiderlily
Camellias or sasanquas
Snowball viburnum
Other varieties of hydrangea beside Annabelle and blue mophead
Other old roses I don't have
Dahlias
Tall Phlox other other than Bright Eyes and the unknown variety with pinky-purple blooms.
Open to others possibilities

I may have some more things. I'll check.

o

Please email me directions.

o

I will also be needing directions, or at least a street address so I can get mapquest directions.

In addition to the 10 or so pots of creeping fig I mentioned earlier that I will be bringing, I can bring about the same number of pots of chocolate mint, unless everyone feels that is an invasive plant I should not bring. People seemed to take it the last time I brought it, but maybe by now everyone who wants it has it. Let me know what you all think.

I've also got a couple of pots' worth of Georgia Blue veronica, the groundcover, to bring, and I hope to have ready to bring a few small pots of another cute little groundcover whose name I don't know, but it's got wiry stems and tiny little green leaves and looks great spilling out out of a pot. I've been trying to root some Alabama Crimson honeysuckle but those darned squirrels keep digging it out of the pots. They're driving me crazy!

I should also have a couple of pots of creeping raspberry groundcover. And there are at least a couple of Lady Banks roses that should be very well rooted by now in a large pot, but I couldn't say whether they are white or yellow. If someone wants to take a chance and doesn't care which color they get, let me know and I'll bring them. Otherwise I could wait until spring, when perhaps they will already have bloomed and I'll have identified the variety.

I'll bring something for lunch, too. Is there a list somewhere for that?

Is it ok to bring a community garden friend who is not a member of gardenweb, or must she join this website in order to come?

o

pins, not sure if i replied before, but i have lots of limelight artemesia for you.

o

Farmer Pickle, could I please get some of your Salvia Koyamae - Prennial Japanese Yellow Sage. white Japanese anemone (I have pink if you'd like it), and Sun Ray coreopsis?

Westender, I'd love a start of your Lady Banks rose. I don't care what color it is at all. I have an arched gate I'd love to have it draped over.

Thanks,
Carmen

o

lzygrdner,
i would love some pineapple sage (small 6-12 inches)
black and blue sage if you have any left. Anything you are looking for?

o

Hi Carmen

Got you down for those 3. What kind of pink anemone, single or double? If you have picture or link I'll be able to tell if it's different from what I have. Otherwise I would be interested in you hostas, miniature size ones.

farmerpickle

o

Westender I need some of that Creeping Fig if you please.

o

Carmen, I will pot up one of the Lady Banks roses and put your name on it.

Vroomp, how many pots of creeping fig do you want me to reserve for you?

Bmmalone, thanks for the address.

o

2-3 would do me fine if you can spare it. I have a concrete wall I need to cover in one corner of my yard.

o

I need directions to the fall trade please.

o

Did we decide on a time?

o

I was looking for a time, too. Since we'll be having lunch (are we?) will we meet at 10 or so? I emailed Barbara yesterday but haven't heard back. If anybody knows, please let us all know.

o
Time for Tomorrow

Yikes, Barbara, I didn't realize it was you who wrote about the time. Mea culpa, mea culpa. So, what time do you want us there?

Carmen

o

Maybe have the trade at 11, and then eat directly after?

o

Sounds good to me. I'll see y'all there.

o
Lunch

I looked over the list and didn't see but one reference. Barbara, are you planning lunch so we should bring something or would you rather we just trade and have snacks. Let me know so I'll bring something to share.

o

lunch sounds good.there is a posting on the discussions section. Maybe arrive after 10.30am and trade around 11.15am and then lunch?

o

Botanicat, what type Jap Maples are those? I would like one if they are disectum or small leaf varieties. I have Bloodgoods already.

o

Plan to attend the trade -- would someone please email directions to me? Thanks. --Lucy

o

Anyone has Mexican Bush Sage to spare? They are beautiful isn't it!

o

Please email me directions. Thanks!

Botanicat

o

Vroomp, I don't know the name of the Jap. maple but can send a picture to you if you email me. I haven't figured out how to post pictures here yet. It isn't a very finely cut leaf though.

o

Barbara, please e-mail directions.

Linda Gail

o

I would love to attend, could someone please email me directions?

o

first of all, sorry i have not emailed people with directions before, but you should all have received them by now. if not, let me know.

secondly, door prizes, yes sounds like a good idea. I have a couple of things.

lzygrdner if you have any pineapple sage (small 6-12 inches)or
black and blue sage, i would love some. Let me know if there is anything you are looking for.

westender, any friends are welcome - maybe they will join garden web after the trade.

o

I have not received any directions!

o

Please, put me on the list to email directions to!! Or, anyone who can email directions, appreciate it!

Thanx!

Brenda B

o

I still need directions.

Thanks!

o

I'm still waiting for directions, too.
Thanks!

o

pjb71 i need an email address for you to mail directions.
bontanicat, gottahosta,vroomp you have mail.

o

Hi everyone, first I want to say I plan to come to the trade, but I am totally unprepared and so I will not be doing my normal gizillion prearranged trades. I have to say I have totally been neglecting my yard lately and you guys as well. But I am coming with whatever I have time to pot up by Saturday. I do ahve a few things I know I need to get rid of because I am not going to try and overwinter them again this year. so if anyone wants the following let me know--

a large Datura (double purple and white flowers)
a small peruvian lime

Also I have
Peter Pan Agapanthus--I am giving up on it because it has barely bloomed in 3 years so I have 5 I believe.
Tall white butterfly ginger if anyone wants some, I know I need to move it but not sure if I will do so before Saturday if no one asks for it.

I would like any daffodil bulbs, crocus or other early spring bloomers you might have. I also have the items on my trade list.

also Danielle do you still have any of the honeycomb butterfly bush? I had one and it died when I tried to move it too late this spring.

o

Hi Kathy, glad you'll get to come. Yes, I have extra 'Honeycomb' BB already potted and I'll bring you one.

See you all soon! Squirrellypete

o

No mail here!

o

vroomp you have mail - i hope!

o

Sorry, still no mail here.

Botanicat

o

Hi Barbara. I still need directions too. Sorry for speaking up so late!

Thanks. Sincerely, Squirrellypete

o

Still no mail here either! Need those directions, please.

o

If you need directions and haven't heard from Barbara, email me and I can give you the address and directions.

Carmen

o

I've once again let the plant swap sneak up on me! Please e-mail me directions.

Thanks,

Richard Hanson

o

i have emailed everyone (at least once!) with directions apart from pjb71 who i can't find an email address for. I will check mail up until 9am Saturday morning, so if you have still not received directions please let me know.
Barbara

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Georgia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here