Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
engin117

Gwinnett Gardeners

EngiN117
18 years ago

If there are enough people interested, I would like to set up some exchanges and meetings in Gwinnett, ga. I know there are some in Atlanta, and I would like to attend the main events, but it is too far to drive all of the time. I live in Grayson, which is about 15 min. from some areas of Norcross, Duluth, Lawrenceville, loganville, and not even sure what other cities. If there is any one who is interested, please let me know. Either post here or email me.

Thanks,

Engi

Comments (13)

• pam_3
    18 years ago

I'm in Lawrenceville, and I'm interested.

I went to the last trade in Atlanta, (there are usually 2 a year, I think) and the drive wasn't too bad. It was also a lot of fun. We could always carpool! :)
    Pam

• sharon_ga_zone7
    18 years ago

Hi,

We're in Snellville & are interested! Grayson had a great spring Master Gardener Event this year. We enjoyed it.

Missed GGG's last Atlanta trade. Always enjoy the folks who come to these events....

Sharon

• Marcy72
    18 years ago

i'm not in gwinnett but my part of dekalb isn't that far away- i'd be interested!

• plants4meuc
    18 years ago

I would be interested too. I'm in Suwanee.

I have also been to GGG's plants swaps and they are great!!

Cath

• regina_ga
    18 years ago

I'm in Lawrenceville and would love to attend. Let me know if I can help organize. I've got a lot of plants to trade.

• regina_ga
    18 years ago

Engi,
    I am digging up some day lillies, peurple iris and white rose of sharon little by little. If you'd like some when I get them up let me know. you're not that far away

• SouthernStar
    18 years ago

I've noticed there has been no set up date, has anyone inquired lately about a get together? I'm interested and live in Monroe. The atlanta get togethers are a ways away but a great event, however closer is better! hee,hee

• Twinkle
    18 years ago

I'm interested and live in North Gwinnett. I'm willing to drive to Atlanta, but agree that closer is better!

• pins2006
    18 years ago

I live in north DeKalb, so Grayson isn't too far from me.

• cathyflam
    18 years ago

Hi! I live in Lawrenceville and would definitely be interested in a swap in Gwinnett.

Could someone answer a few questions about swaps for me. I've never been to one and so don't know how they operate. (I was just told not to bring mondo grass!) I've recently moved into a new home and am just establishing my gardens so I don't have too many extras (some agapanthus, criniums, a few little roses and perhaps a little more). If people don't have too much to swap, can they buy? And, if so, are the prices usually bargains?

Thanks for filling me in.

Cathy

• pam_3
    18 years ago

Cathy,
    At the Atlanta swap there was enough to go around without having to buy. People bring what they can, and determine how much they want to take once the trade begins. So, if you bring three items, and only feel comfortable taking three items, that's up to you. Nobody else will be counting. We just all want to trade, and have fun!
    Pam

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

I'm in the Gwinnett area also....I see that it's been awhile since anyone has posted something here.....so what ever happened? I'm a bit late (ok, a lot) but would be interested in this also, I'm usually over in the Plant Exchange, etc.

Glad I decided to stop by...would love to hear back from someone here.

Thanks

• vroomp
    18 years ago

Gwinnett is not too far for me to go. Pick a time and I'll be there if my schedule permits.

Sponsored
Your Source for Tailored Remodeling Solutions in Loudoun County