Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gwinnett Gardeners

Posted by EngiN117 7a GA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 20, 05 at 23:03

If there are enough people interested, I would like to set up some exchanges and meetings in Gwinnett, ga. I know there are some in Atlanta, and I would like to attend the main events, but it is too far to drive all of the time. I live in Grayson, which is about 15 min. from some areas of Norcross, Duluth, Lawrenceville, loganville, and not even sure what other cities. If there is any one who is interested, please let me know. Either post here or email me.
Thanks,
Engi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gwinnett Gardeners

I'm in Lawrenceville, and I'm interested.

I went to the last trade in Atlanta, (there are usually 2 a year, I think) and the drive wasn't too bad. It was also a lot of fun. We could always carpool! :)
Pam

o

Hi,

We're in Snellville & are interested! Grayson had a great spring Master Gardener Event this year. We enjoyed it.

Missed GGG's last Atlanta trade. Always enjoy the folks who come to these events....

Sharon

o

• Posted by Marcy72 z7/8 Atlanta GA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 23, 05 at 16:44

i'm not in gwinnett but my part of dekalb isn't that far away- i'd be interested!

o

I would be interested too. I'm in Suwanee.

I have also been to GGG's plants swaps and they are great!!

Cath

o

I'm in Lawrenceville and would love to attend. Let me know if I can help organize. I've got a lot of plants to trade.

o

Engi,
I am digging up some day lillies, peurple iris and white rose of sharon little by little. If you'd like some when I get them up let me know. you're not that far away

o

I've noticed there has been no set up date, has anyone inquired lately about a get together? I'm interested and live in Monroe. The atlanta get togethers are a ways away but a great event, however closer is better! hee,hee

o

I'm interested and live in North Gwinnett. I'm willing to drive to Atlanta, but agree that closer is better!

o

I live in north DeKalb, so Grayson isn't too far from me.

o

Hi! I live in Lawrenceville and would definitely be interested in a swap in Gwinnett.

Could someone answer a few questions about swaps for me. I've never been to one and so don't know how they operate. (I was just told not to bring mondo grass!) I've recently moved into a new home and am just establishing my gardens so I don't have too many extras (some agapanthus, criniums, a few little roses and perhaps a little more). If people don't have too much to swap, can they buy? And, if so, are the prices usually bargains?

Thanks for filling me in.

Cathy

o

Cathy,
At the Atlanta swap there was enough to go around without having to buy. People bring what they can, and determine how much they want to take once the trade begins. So, if you bring three items, and only feel comfortable taking three items, that's up to you. Nobody else will be counting. We just all want to trade, and have fun!
Pam

o

I'm in the Gwinnett area also....I see that it's been awhile since anyone has posted something here.....so what ever happened? I'm a bit late (ok, a lot) but would be interested in this also, I'm usually over in the Plant Exchange, etc.

Glad I decided to stop by...would love to hear back from someone here.

Thanks

o

Gwinnett is not too far for me to go. Pick a time and I'll be there if my schedule permits.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Georgia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here