Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snoogiega

2008 Fall plant trade - Atlanta Metro

Tricia
15 years ago

Looks like I am the lucky one! The 2008 Fall Atlanta Metro Gardenweb Plant trade will be held on Saturday, October 5, 2008 at my home in East Cobb/Roswell. I appreciate everyone letting me do this. My new garden plan comes in on the 30th. So I will be having a free for all. What I don't need in the new design you are free to dig up and take away.

Shall we start at 11:00a.m. to allow everyone time to arrive, unload and socialize a bit.

Bring whatever plant or garden related material you care to trade. You may arrange specific trades here or simply enjoy the free for all portion of the trade day.

We can do a potluck brunch/lunch too. The kitchen is available for heating or reheating. While there is a covered porch it requires negotiating a set of stairs. Please let me know if anyone has mobility issues. I am happy to set tables and chairs up out front.

Please come join us at least to socialize if not to trade! I will contact people who wish to trade via email on this thread, so you must post here, and unblock your email (a link on your page so I can send a message). I will send an email with directions and addresses etc. at the beginning of October. Last I checked mapquest was not correct. I will not post the address and directions here.

I'm looking forward to it!

Comments (18)

• pam_3
    15 years ago

Here's what I've dug up so far:

Rhododendron "Yaku Princess"
    Pieris japonica "Mountain Fire" (I think)
    Daylily "Winberry Candy" (3, could bring a couple more)
    Gaura "Karalee Petite Pink" (4)
    Gardenia radicans

I also plan to dig up:
    Christmas Fern
    White Astilbe
    Hosta

If anyone is interested, I'll bring:
    Black eye Susan (Rudbeckia fulgida?)
    Solidago "Fireworks"

Vroomp, I've got a pot of what I belive is Sedum "Autumn Joy," if you're interested. :)
    Pam

• gayle710
    15 years ago

I've got LOTS of "Honorine Jobert" anemones (maybe 25 or so)
    2 small "Rainbow" leucothoe shrubs
    a few pots of "Homestead" purple verbena
    some Mondo grass

I am in dire need of one gardenia radicans to fill in a space.

I can't find "Winberry Candy" daylilies on line to see what they look like -- description? I might be persuaded to divide some of my favorite "Atlanta Moonlight" daylilies to swap for ??? if someone is looking for those.

Snoogie -- my email is gayle710@bellsouth.net. I'll be there on the 4th regardless, but earlier would be better for me. We've got tickets for the Tech/Duke game that starts at noon.

• pam_3
    15 years ago

I'm trying again to post a response here.

Gayle - The Gardenia is yours. I'll have a Leucothoe in trade, please.

I misspelled the daylily. It's supposed to be Wineberry Candy. Google images has some great pics.

• turkeytaker
    15 years ago

Sounds great! I'll post later with my updated list.

• danita
    15 years ago

I hope to attend too! :)
    Do you mean the 4th rather than the 5th?

Thanks Snoogie!
    Danita

• gayle710
    15 years ago

Pam -- You're welcome to both leucothoes, if you'd like.
    Solo shrubs always look so lonely...
    Gayle

• Tricia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I do mean the first Saturday - so that would be the 4th, if I'm finally reading the calendar correctly. I have no problem starting earlier as someone requested if its not a problem for all of you. I would just spend the extra hour beating myself up over how bad my garden looks for having guests over. So save me from myself!

• turkeytaker
    15 years ago

Don't have that much this autumn, but here's what I've got. :)

Lemongrass divisions
    Assorted heuchera divisions
    Low growing sedum with yellow flowers
    Fernleaf bleeding hearts
    Persicaria 'Red Dragon' -- can take cutting

I also have a bunch of heirloom tomato seeds that I'd be happy to bring if anyone is interested.

• danita
    15 years ago

If anyone is interested in a field trip after the trade there are several great nurseries about 30 minutes north of there in the Hickory Flat area including Autumn Hill, LadySlipper, and this amazing backyard nursery that has the most unusual plants and decent prices.

• lucyatlanta
    15 years ago

I'm looking forward to the trade (as always)though I don't have a lot to bring.

Here is a partial list of what I have:

Hydrangea - Nikko Blue
    Orange Crocomesia
    Sedum (Autumn Joy I think)
    Red Shamrock (large leaves with purple blooms)

Pam, if you want any of this would love to trade for the Rhododendron Yaku Princess

Gayle - a pot of the purple Verbena would be great if you want any of this

Turkeytaker -- if I have anything you want I'd trade for the fernleaf bleeding heart

• pam_3
    15 years ago

Anybody have Thyme, chives, or oregano?

• gayle710
    15 years ago

Pam,
    I've got chives and oregano and some cinnamon basil. The cinnamon basil is pretty but has a different taste than the regular basil. I've never dug any of those up, but I'll give it a try and hopefully I won't kill anything. Doesn't have to be a trade, you can have it.

Does anybody have some extra empty plastic pots that you got nursery plants in? My Pike doesn't have a recycling pile anymore, which is amazing considering how many pots I've brought back to them every year. lol
    Gayle

• pam_3
    15 years ago

Gayle,
    Don't bother with the basil. The others sound good.

Lucy,
    You can have the Rhodi, even though I have what's on your current list. Miss Yaku needs a good home. :) Let me know if you'll be bringing other items.
    Thanks,
    Pam

• pam_3
    15 years ago

directions? do you need our emails or can you just go thru GW?

• vroomp
    15 years ago

I have been away for a while and haven't even been keeping track of the trade thread. I believe I have an appointment scheduled for Saturday unless, I can get out of it. I have several plants that I am removing from my landscape this fall as well, and could bring them if I can come.

Snoogie:
    Please send me directions in case my schedule permits it.

Pam: I can at least stop by to pick that up if that's ok with Snoogie. I am in East Cobb not too far away. How about a nice Spider Lilly for it, (Hymenocallis X festalis).

• pam_3
    15 years ago

Sounds great, vroomp. Looking forward to seeing you again.

• Tricia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for coming on Saturday. It was very nice and mellow!

I've started digging out things that will no longer be in the beds according to the new design or potting them up temporarily until their new home is prepared. Yikes! I'm gonna have a tons of things in pots for next springs trade.

Thanks for coming.

• pam_3
    15 years ago

Thanks for hosting! It was great meeting everyone. I got a few things in the ground today. Hopefully, the rest will go in sometime this week.

Sponsored