Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garischa

WANTED: Fall Plant Trade

garischa
13 years ago

I suggest we begin at 11 am, but I am open to a different start time.

Brief description of how the trade works:

Hey Everyone:

We're having the Atlanta Area Gardenweb Plant Trade in Alpharetta, close to GA400 exit 10 (Old Milton) on November 4th.

Everyone registered on GW is invited to attend and of course, bring a family member or friend if you like.

When you post here you will be put on the mailing list for my personal information which I email to you. Please do not share my personal info. with anyone. Please MAKE SURE that your email is unblocked on GW. This means you need to find your member page and change your settings so that an email can be sent OR you need to email me through GW with your email address and please state your GW "name" or handle in your message to me. Thanks! I will email my information only to people who are registered members of GW.

Everyone is invited to bring their extra plants, seeds, rooted cuttings, old garden magazines/books, old tools, etc.

We trade two ways. On this thread we will arrange pre-trades . This means that you will offer plants here and plan to exchange them with an individual here. Then you will get that person's plants together, boxed or bagged and labeled separately and place them in the designated location when you get here.

We also have a "Free for All" trade. You bring in all your plants which aren't designated for a specific person and put them with other plants in categories like "Sun Perennials" or "Fruits, veg". This pretty much goes on until everything is done with.

To effectively trade, you will need to label all your plants with as much info as you can. Botanical Name, (if you don't know ahead of time, just ask on the forum!), "common name", color, height, sun or shade. Annual or perennial. You need to know if your plant is: sun, shade, annual, perennial, edible/herb, shrub etc.

After trading we can share Pot luck if any one is interested.

Note: Previous hosts: hope you don't mind but I 'borrowed' your thread from the spring trade!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm