Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Fall Plant Trade

Posted by garischa 7 GA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 29, 10 at 11:22

I suggest we begin at 11 am, but I am open to a different start time.
Brief description of how the trade works:
Hey Everyone:
We're having the Atlanta Area Gardenweb Plant Trade in Alpharetta, close to GA400 exit 10 (Old Milton) on November 4th.

Everyone registered on GW is invited to attend and of course, bring a family member or friend if you like.

When you post here you will be put on the mailing list for my personal information which I email to you. Please do not share my personal info. with anyone. Please MAKE SURE that your email is unblocked on GW. This means you need to find your member page and change your settings so that an email can be sent OR you need to email me through GW with your email address and please state your GW "name" or handle in your message to me. Thanks! I will email my information only to people who are registered members of GW.

Everyone is invited to bring their extra plants, seeds, rooted cuttings, old garden magazines/books, old tools, etc.

We trade two ways. On this thread we will arrange pre-trades . This means that you will offer plants here and plan to exchange them with an individual here. Then you will get that person's plants together, boxed or bagged and labeled separately and place them in the designated location when you get here.

We also have a "Free for All" trade. You bring in all your plants which aren't designated for a specific person and put them with other plants in categories like "Sun Perennials" or "Fruits, veg". This pretty much goes on until everything is done with.

To effectively trade, you will need to label all your plants with as much info as you can. Botanical Name, (if you don't know ahead of time, just ask on the forum!), "common name", color, height, sun or shade. Annual or perennial. You need to know if your plant is: sun, shade, annual, perennial, edible/herb, shrub etc.

After trading we can share Pot luck if any one is interested.

Note: Previous hosts: hope you don't mind but I 'borrowed' your thread from the spring trade!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Fall Plant Trade

Darn, I am out of town.

o

I have lots of Dendranthema x rubellum Chrysanthemum "Sheffield" Pink - they are blooming now, and multiply abundantly.
I will bring other plants, just need take a tour around the garden and make a list.
Look forward to the exchange - it is always fun and great opportunity to meet other GA garden enthusiasts.
Natalie

o

I just want to confirm that your intent is to have it on Thursday. I'll post back with what I have to offer. Thx. Lucy

o

Correction to my previous message:
I meant November 6th. Next Saturday.

Uli

o

I have available to trade:
Helleborus
Columbines
Heucheras
Strawberry Begonias
Dianthus
Mahonias
Sedum Autumn Joy
Balloon Flowers

These are in various sizes. I can post photos, if you are interested in something specific.

Looking for:
short sun perennials
ferns
elephant ears (black or purple)

I'll post updates as I get better counts and details of my 'haves.'
Uli

o

It's probably not worth having the plant trade if we don't have a few more people. Please post here if you are planning to come, even if you don't know what you are bringing yet.

I'll check back in tomorrow, so we can decide whether to meet on Saturday, or postpone till spring.

Thanks.
Uli

o

Uli,
it looks like there is just you and me - maybe it is best to postpone till spring.
~Natalie

o

Uli,
Thanks for offering to host. I think there was just not enough time for everyone to pull it together.

I just covered most of my perennials since I hope to
propagate or dig some of them. I may have a fern or two for you and would love to have a Heucheras or Helleborus. Hopefully this is just a temporary cold spell.

If you want to meet please let me know. Thanks. -Linda

o

Let's plan to have a spring plant trade instead. Just not enough response this time around.

Uli

o

Sounds good. Thank you, Uli, for offering a place for us to meet. Looking forward to Spring trade!
Stay warm everyone -
~Natalie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Georgia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here