Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rkelley_gw

Georgia Feral Hogs

rkelley
18 years ago

I was wondering how many folks that frequent this board have had or are having issues with feral/wild hog causing damage. How are you dealing with this issue and if you are open to having someone else come in to help you with this problem.

Rob

Comments (41)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    18 years ago

When I lived and worked in coastal SC, wild hogs were an occasional problem in some of the rural areas. I was hired to start a small wholesale nursery on a huge property owned (at the time) by the Vicks descendents, and hogs became quite a nuisance at times. They can be very unpredictable, dangerous, and can do enormous damage in a very short period of time. We ended up surrounding the property with an electric fence, but still had the plantation men come out and hunt them whenever they wanted to. I had to stop walking the 300 yards from the nursery to the main road to open the gates to the nursery after being chased by some pigs.

• alicia7b
    18 years ago

I don't have feral pigs on my property (although my neighbor says there used to be feral pigs here up until about 15 years ago, they seem to be gone now Thank God), but we go walking on a large tract of land owned by a local community college that has a big problem with wild pigs. People who live nearby have to put electric fencing around their yards to keep them out. The landkeepers for the community college encourage year-round hunting to try to keep the hog numbers down. The results didn't sound very encouraging, but hunting probably helps some. The pigs are very hard to trap -- the landkeepers tried Twinkies to bait the traps and even that didn't work.

• sugarhill
    18 years ago

Can you imagine feral hogs on a Twinkie sugar rush? To scary to think about.

• rkelley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have had quite a bit of experience hunting hogs and an adult female can breed twice yearly with around 6 to 8 piglets in each litter. They will breed at about a year old and are very prolific. Predation amongst an established community of hogs is minimal to say the least with the exception of human intervention. If anyone who reads this would like to have help with this problem please feel free to contact me. I have several hunting methods that I have had success with in the past and will give the utmost respect to anyone who will grant me access to thier property. Safety and courtesy are very important to me. I also have quite a few friends all over the state if you are too far from the Atlanta area that I could contact to help any farmers with problem animals. Thanks for your time.

Rob

• stonybrook
    18 years ago

Didn't know they were a problem in GA. Thought the GA Legislature consumed most of them at their Wild Hog BBQ each year at the opening session!
    Seriously though, I have traveled through almost every part of the state at one time during the past 40 years, and have never seen one. And those travels took me to some very remote areas from the Mtns to the coast, including some areas near the Okefeenokee and I gather from previous comments that they aren't shy critters!

• eddie_ga_7a
    18 years ago

The Atlanta Journal did an article on them recently pointing out what a huge problem they are. There was a bit of misinformation about "Hogzilla" a giant hog shot in south Georgia. An even better article was in the New Yorker magazine which traced their introduction to this country to present day distribution. This article had the correct data concerning weight and length of "Hogzilla."
    If I had them on my property, anyone would be welcome to hunt them.

• rkelley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Stonybrook.. I used to live in South Georgia in the Savannah area and there are more hogs than deer or people in parts of that area. I16 and I95 are known to have a bunch of them lying along side the interstate after being hit by vehicles. Up here in the Atlanta area there are concentrations of them north of the city in a few areas but for the most part they are an issue for middle and south georgia residents.

Rob

• rkelley
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ttt

• Dottie Kile
    17 years ago

I'm having a return problem with wild pigs and would like to contact 'rkelley'. I live near Waleska and Lake Arrowhead.

Thanks,
    Dottie

• lucky_p
    17 years ago

We've got feral hogs up here on the KY-TN border - on the Ft. Campbell Army base and in Land Between the Lakes - thanks to some local TN goobers who went down to south GA, trapped some feral hogs, and turned 'em loose here so they could hunt 'em with dogs.
    On Ft. Campbell, they're running mainly in the 'impact area', several hundred thousand acres - lots of unexploded ordnance in there, so it's inaccessible to humans - but they come out into the surrounding crop fields and wreak havoc.

• keith1172
    17 years ago

I am looking for a place in Georgia to hunt Hogs hopefully not far from Newnan, but will travel. I am told that Southern GA Farmers are begging folks to come clean em out please give me a call 678-423-1503

• flash7
    17 years ago

I am looking for private property to hunt feral hogs.If you have wild hogs,I love to hunt.I live in south east TN, but I am willing to travel. Give me a call (423)949-6637

• hoghunter16
    16 years ago

I am also looking for some private property to hunt feral-hogs. I will hunt free of charge and will help you eliminate your hog problems. I am located in Lexington Virginia and will travel as far as south georgia. You can reach me at 1-540-460-1871 or email at deerslayer16@gmail.com
    Thank You

• hdladyblu_2007
    16 years ago

hog slayers;does any body eat the meat?is it edible?i love pork,just wondering.

• hdladyblu_2007
    16 years ago

it must be edible if in "feed the hungry"program.duh!!i'm hungry.how do you join?

• ltdannichols
    14 years ago

My family hunts hogs in Georgia with night vision devices. As a result we can help remove any threats that hogs pose quickly and effeciently. This is free of charge. Please call Daniel at 404-289-7733 if you're intersted.

• killerv
    14 years ago

I take care of my hog issues with a 44Mag.

• catatonichigh_gmai_com
    13 years ago

Im an avid hunter of Hogs. But the Hogs in my area have been traped to the point where they are scarce. I would love to go hunting for them again, but the only place I can find where they are at are hunting clubs. If you have a problem with Feral Hogs, I would love to come out and help you with the problem. I can also show you a very low budge and low up keep way of trapping the hogs as well.
    If you need help with Hogs call devin 706-589-4412.

• tman1965
    13 years ago

I Live In South Ga. And Have Hunted On A Professional Level
    For Over 20 Yrs. If There Are Any Farmers Having A Problem With Hogs, Please Feel Free To Email Me At jabo_65@yahoo.com And I Will Be Glad To Eradicate The Problem For You. Of Course There Is No Charge And We Will Also Sign A Liabilty Waiver. We Also Provide Meat For The Farmer And Family As Well As Needy Families In The Area. I Can Also Provide Referrences If Desired. Email Me And I Will Give You My Phone Number For Further Discussion. Sincerely, Tony

• gamarine1999
    13 years ago

A friend and I are also looking for place to hunt hogs in Georgia. i live in Douglasville (west of Atlanta). We are willing to travel. drop me a line at gapinesiac@yahoo.com or 678-381-7282

• thomas55
    13 years ago

i am in need of a great place to hunt hogs if your having hog problems if so email me directions to austincochran87@yahoo.com or give me a call at 678-485-8269

• GAAlan
    13 years ago

I was on a local road this week, that is heavily traveled, when I spotted a large black animal laying on the side. I found a spot and turned around to get a closer look. It was a big female. I don't know if they are always black, but the color on this animal was as solid black as anything I've ever seen. Based on the size that would be a very frightening animal to have after you! I can't imagine any native predator being up to the task, except a bear.

• ccriskmgr_sc_rr_com
    13 years ago

Looking for private land to hunt hogs on SC and GA border near hwy.301 and I-95. I am a certified animal control and safety officer for county government. Will gladly give credintials upon request. Please call if available or e-mail me. Thanks! 803-530-3991

• splant_paragonstl_com
    13 years ago

Looking to hunt hogs for free, will travel from missouri, email me or call me 636-699-7020

• BrianEC
    13 years ago

I have a crew of avid hunters looking to hunt hogs. We are willing to hunt and eradicate as many hogs as possible, to rid you of your problem. Members of the group are experienced in bow and gun hunting as well as processing and disposal.

You can contact me at brianchapman1@bellsouth.net

• Kenneth-Adams1_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

I am a avid hunter and family man looking for a place to hog hunt for myself and brother inlaw. We are both church going family men. Will travel and willing to pay small fee for permission. Email me Kenneth-Adams1@Hotmail.com
    Thankyou and god bless.

• louiswaite_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I am coming down to georgia to visit some friends the 12 of march.would like to hunt some wild pigs . have hunted deer and other animals so the experience of hunting is not new to me. if you need to get rid of some animals maybe I could be of some help to you or others. let me know call 315-493-4932 or email louiswaite@yahoo.com

• merkelas_mail_uc_edu
    13 years ago

Hello my name is Alastair Merkel and I am a student at the University of Cincinnati. My dad and I are avid hunters for everything from hog to turkey to bear and deer and we are good at what we do. Right now we are looking for anyone who has hog problems that want a U.S. COL in the ARMY, a combat veteran, and his 18 year old son, me, to hunt their property and take down some hogs. We both have GA hunting licenses and follow all rules and regulations of the state of GA, he currently works at Fort Gillem in Atlanta and we are both itching to knock down some hogs, can anyone help?

Alastair Merkel

you can reach me at merkelas@mail.uc.edu or you can reach my father, COL Merkel, at steven.merkel06@gmail.com

• shane1971
    13 years ago

I am looking for some land to hunt wild hogs please if you know of any email me at shanewinters@att.net

• r_sky9967_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

we are looking for farm or open land to hog hunt on in effingham and chatham county.we are christans and will sign a waiver.we are willing to share the meat. pleasecontact me by phone at706-778-2798 ask for ronald. thanks and god bless

• ga_mountain_rider_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

We live an hour north of Atlanta.Would like to connect with a farmer that has a feral hog problem.Were adult's not cowboys and will respect lands and property of any farmer that willing to let us hunt feral pigs on his land. Please contact ga_mountain_rider@yahoo.com

• Captcland_aol_com
    12 years ago

Navy Veteran looking for a place to hunt wild hogs in Georgia. I don't have dogs but will put in adequate time to help small farmers whose land may not be large enough for Outfitters. Please call Captain Coleman Landers, USN, Ret. Just a guy who loves to hunt. 678-357-4564

• tcc15_bellsouth_net
    12 years ago

I am looking for a place to hunt hogs. If you have a hog problem and need some help eradicating them just give me a call. I am looking for a place that me and my 18 yr old son can hunt some hogs. I am willing to trap them or still hunt or even hunt them with night vision if necessary. Give me a call..we respect other people's property and I am an ex-law enforcement firearms instructor. We are willing to hunt on your terms.Thanks TC 229-251-3717

• ustwokays_comcast_net
    12 years ago

I am looking for a place to hunt hogs for my son and I. If you have a problem and need help getting rid of feral hogs please let me know. My son and I will respect your property completely and remove hogs from property. Please contact me at (706)676-2299.

• bmd151_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I'm new to the newnan area just came up from south florida and am looking for some places to hunt some hogs for free. Also looking for dogs for sale or free. Email me at bmd151@yahoo.com if you got anything

• FireLt18
    12 years ago

Some friends and I are looking for places to hunt Feral Hogs. We are very respectful of property. Any place in Ga. Looking to help out farmer and remove hogs. You can contact me at firelt18@gmail.com

• JesseCody
    12 years ago

I am looking for a place in Georgia to go hunting for hogs. If anyone is needing removal of feral hogs I can help you. If anyone is interested, please email me at nikkielkins18@yahoo.com or call *Cell*(828)-735-5213 or *Home* (828)-479-1559. Leave a message if no answer. Thanks

• poaky1
    10 years ago

I watched a show a couple years ago where they cooked wild hogs and had locals taste the meat, and it tasted like any other pork bar be que they had tasted before. I am a northerner lurking here, but thought that I would add this to the post or thread here.

• kyleheng42
    10 years ago

This message is for all those farms/property owners out there who are having Feral Hog Problems. Hi, my name is Kyle Henggeler and I have been an avid hunter and traper for about 11 years. Recently, I have been hearing quite a few occurrences of an animal such as the WILD HOG destroying people's property. These animals are very destructive, and will keep mass producing if they exist amongst your property. If you are experiencing such a problem, then look no further because I am the solution to all your problems. I am here to minimize this issue, even if I have to pay you to hunt them. You can contact me at (678)-989-8448 or email at kyleheng42@yahoo.com

• kyleheng42
    10 years ago

This message is for all those farms/property owners out there who are having Feral Hog Problems. Hi, my name is Kyle Henggeler and I have been an avid hunter and traper for about 11 years. Recently, I have been hearing quite a few occurrences of an animal such as the WILD HOG destroying people's property. These animals are very destructive, and will keep mass producing if they exist amongst your property. If you are experiencing such a problem, then look no further because I am the solution to all your problems. I am here to minimize this issue, even if I have to pay you to hunt them. You can contact me at (678)-989-8448 or email at kyleheng42@yahoo.com

• poaky1
    10 years ago

I'm from Pa lurking here AGAIN. The government should help kill a bunch of them and send the frozen carcasses to those hungry kids in the commercials wih the flies on their faces, where the guy with a pot-belly says how hungry these kids are. Also, and MOST importantly, to feed those in the USA who are down on their luck.

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets