Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bevinga

Image Heavy! Need Help with crepe myrtle

bevinga
15 years ago

Hi,

I know there are experts on Crepe Myrtle out there, so I'm asking for help for my friend's not-so-pretty crepe myrtle. These are in the Bay Area of California, and I have cross-posted on the California forum; however, I really trust you guys to know what's ailing these trees, so posting here was first and foremost in my mind.

These were planted a year ago last summer and did well the first summer they were planted. They also did well this past summer, as they aren't experiencing a drought out there, but now that it's winter, their leaves are beginning to curl and then fall. They aren't just turning color like mine do here and then fall off...they are curling, turning brown, and looking puny.

They have not fertilized these trees...ever...but they have a sprinkler system and say they are getting enough water. As you can see, they are also getting enough sun.

I realize the weather in N-Central CA is somewhat different than here, but the leaves on these just don't look right to me. Are they okay, or is there something wrong?

What do you recommend they do to help these?

Thanks!

Beverly

{{gwi:504092}}

{{gwi:504093}}

{{gwi:504094}}

{{gwi:504096}}

{{gwi:504098}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz