Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dreaming of spring

Posted by gmom74 z7 Ga (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 14:43

King Alfred daffodils are poking their green fingers through the soil- I can already smell the winter honeysuckle and the Mahonia- just makes me want more.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dreaming of spring

Enough already.

o

My Carolina jessamine is in partial bloom. Beautiful. Just pray all the buds aren't killed by the cold weather that's sure to come. Weeds thriving!

o

One of my giant loropetalums was in stunning bloom today when I pulled in to park in front of it. A surprising sight in the middle of January lol. And we've had our share of below freezing nights, not to mention several hours of snow yesterday. It just hasn't stayed cold for any length of time or plummetted past the mid twenties at night. Weird winter indeed.

o

I'm having the same dreams. Just waiting impatiently for it all to pop up outta the ground. I have hyacinths up and tulips and daffs poking thru with some lenten roses blooming away. I even have a couple camellias with a bloom here and there. Strange weather for sure. I will take anything I can get though. Judy

o

Okay, since you all are talking bulbs, I am planting what i did not get planted tomorrow. Do you think it's still okay to give them bone meal?

o

Nevermind

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here