Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spring?

Posted by bmmalone 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 08 at 8:39

saw my first crocus and daffodils yesterday - boy am i excited!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spring?

Lots of winter amd early spring blooming perennials, shrubs and bulbs now in bloom. Camellia, Hellebores, Daphne odora(love the fragrance!), Crocus, Winter Aconite, Jonquills, Cyclamen, Edgeworthia. Foliage up, but not yet in bloom, lots of other Daffs, Iris retics, Snowdrops, Ranunculus ficaria.
Spent the morning raking leaves off the lawn(what's left of it) for 3rd or 4th time. When you have lots of trees, you constantly rake leaves! and make compost.
Today marks the hump day of winter, from here, it's all downhill until spring. None too soon for me, I tired of winter a long time ago.:-)

o

• Posted by jmzms z7 atlanta (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 9, 08 at 17:44

Had my first crocus pop into bloom yesterday too. Dafs have started coming up, and I had a couple of early bloomin' dafs a few weeks ago - they have survived the last two deep temperature drops and are still blooming. I love dafs...they're so easy! :-)

o

Bluebirds are checking our the new birdhouse I got late last spring. I was waiting for them since then.
Tulip foliage is coming up, and daffs have been blooming since December.
Welcome Spring!

o

Our yellow crocus started blooming this past week. This morning, a squirrel had beheaded one batch of them before I could stop him. Saw him rip a bloom off and eat it right before my eyes!

But Spring is on the way! I'll be mad the squirrels some other time.

o

Haven't seen a bumble bee yet. It's not spring until you see a bumble bee.

o

• Posted by holton 7bSt MtnGa (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 17, 08 at 12:02

Crocus popping up, Hellebores blooming, a Buckeye bud. Been a good winter all and all. Need a good rain this afternoon.

o

• Posted by jmzms z7 atlanta (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 17, 08 at 12:44

I've seen a couple of bumblebees. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here