Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose Day at Bogan Park in Buford Georgia

Posted by buford 7 NE GA (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 8:42

Hi all, a fun event if you are in the NE Georgia area. The Greater Gwinnett Rose Society is holding a Rose Day on March 2nd at the Bogan Park Community Center. There will be ARS Consulting and Master Rosarians on hand to answer any questions about roses. Pruning, planting, fertilizing, buying, etc. There will also be workshops making bird houses and garden structures. The Society also maintains a rose bed at Bogan Park, and we will be removing some Knockouts that are there and planting other roses. We will have refreshments, tool sharpening, rose raffles (I came home with two last year!) and other prizes, and just fun socializing with other rose lovers.

The event starts at 9am and goes till 1pm. For more info and directions go here:

Rose Day at Bogan Park

I hope to see you there! Just ask for Bet (that's me)

This post was edited by buford on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 9:00

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose Day at Bogan Park in Buford Georgia

Thanks for this info, Bet. Have put on my calendar - only problem is I forget to check my calendar. DOH!

Particularly interested in tool sharpening. Should we bring a sack lunch? And what if it's raining? Will it be postponed?

Rosie, in Sugar Hill

o

Hi Rosie, most of the activities will be inside. The society maintains 2 beds there and we are replacing the knockouts there with other roses. The KOs just became too large for the spot. So, weather permitting, we will do that on that day and have a live presentation on rose planting.

The tool sharpening is cool, two of our members who are very good at it do the sharpening for a small donation that goes to the society.

You can bring a lunch, but we will have refreshments. The raffles are a lot of fun and everyone gets something. I hope to see you there!

o

I will definitely be there, I only live about a mile away! Looking forward to it. Thanks for posting.

o

Hate that I missed this. It was just so stinking cold last Saturday. I was looking forward to meeting you, Bet.

Hope it was fun and productive.

o

Hi Rosie, it was fun. I was a wimp and didn't help pruning outside because of the cold. But we were inside most of the time. Vicki was there and won a rose!!! I won 2 roses and a garden structure. We also have our fall Rose Show there in October. I'll post about that when it gets closer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here