Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any one been to growers outlet yet?

Posted by bmmalone 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 08 at 11:11

I know it's early days, but i am desperate to get out into the yard again! Not sure if I need any plants right now, but just to know that they are available would be great!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any one been to growers outlet yet?

Hi bmmalone. I live near Loganville but I haven't had a chance to make it by there yet. Maybe next week. They have a website and it includes a list of all the plants they have available, size, prices, etc., including what's on sale. It may tell you what you need to know. I noticed they had updated it as of today. Don't you just love Grower's Outlet? I get a little crazy when I shop there, and I buy most of my plants there. You certainly can't beat their prices. The owner told me when they were closing for the winter that this year they are going to specialize in drought tolerant plants. A very good idea, I think.

Anne

http://growersoutletllc.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Grower's Outlet

o

I thought about going up there today, but it was so dreary and chilly this morning, that I decided to wait for a warmer, sunny day. Staying close to home these days, since there is so many cases of influenza being reported.
I'm sure that they will have a better selection of plants later on, in mid March.
Not looking for many plants this year, need a few native Hollies to screen the uglies next door, but they don't usually carry those.

o

I know what you mean about it being cold and dreary today. I wanted to get out and finish planting my bulbs today, but the ground is way too wet. Not that I am complaining! I'm thankful for the rain. I'm way behind because I have had 3 surgeries on my foot since Sept. and haven't been able to work outside much in a long time. I can't wait for spring to get here! I saw several kinds of hollies on their availability list today, but I don't know which ones you are looking for. It will give you a good excuse to go there and look, lol.

Anne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here