Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Atlanta - Bugs covering house

Posted by miss_huff 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 08 at 15:58

Hello -

We have a white, wooden house. I've read ladybugs love to enter white houses through a south-facing window in the fall --and, that happened.

However, we have a new bug we've never had before! These have surrounded our south-facing window all fall/winter, and they LOVE my kale/mustard/pansie collection in the window box. There are holes all around the window box, and they enter and go behind my siding. They look a little like lightning bugs. I've never seen them before.

I have NEVER tried this before ....here goes....:

Here is a link that might be useful: bugs on window

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Atlanta - Bugs covering house

They are boxedler bugs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Boxelder Bugs

o

I had a customer with this problem last year. Only one side of his house. Any inexpensive pest product sprayed on them will do them in.

GGG

o

We had box elder bugs till we cut down a Golden Rain tree that they seemed to be attracted to. The tree is gone and so are the bugs.

o

• Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 16, 08 at 0:38

I will never forget as a child, I was house sitting for my Uncle..who lived in the next lot over and at the end of our property.... I went there one day, And as I walked down to his house, my mom was watching from the back porch....and the ENTIRE front of the house was covered with these things....she saw me flailing around and I ran back home....I think I had nightmares til I graduated...FROM COLLEGE (just kidding about that) but it was pretty creepy...I dont recall them coming back again...so maybe they were just passing through and found a sunny place to land ALL Together as one big happy family.....

o

Hey, look on the bright side. At least they aren't termites!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here