Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

I am doing the happy dance, because...

girlgroupgirl
16 years ago

My winter sowing sprouts are coming up!

So far the broccoli & dwarf gaillardia are up and growing! I expect much more to be up by early next week, what with the warmer days we are going to have.

WOO HOO! veggies, here I come! I can't wait for more home grown veggies and herbs.

GGG

Comments (16)

• shot
    16 years ago

GGG - way to go girl!
    Shot > clapping hands and stomping foot watching GGG dance :)

Shot

• groundcover
    16 years ago

I second your yippee! Lettuce, spinach, larkspur galore. Peas went in yesterday, AND more rain to come!

Happy spring.

• jmzms
    16 years ago

WOOOOOHOOOOOO! I'm doing a tiny wiggle (not a full blown dance yet) as I've seen the first sprouts of my lettuce coming up. I LOVE THE FIRST SIGNS OF FRESH FOOD!

• woody_ga
    16 years ago

I tried some beautyberry seeds, and I have sprouts!

• ourhappyhome
    16 years ago

Great goin' GGG. I have zinnia, peppers and tomatoes going strong. Oh, and some fig cuttings rooting nicely!
    April

• nosyrosie
    16 years ago

because I LOVE MY OGON SPIREA and I will now be thinking every spring for the next twenty years THERE'S MY BEAUTIFUL SPIREA, THANKS, GYNIS.

;)

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Rose, I'm so glad your spirea survived the drought!! Mine did just fine and is simply LOADED with gorgeous white flowers right now. It is just lovely, best it has ever been.

Some things love a good drought! The daffadils have looked nicer than I have ever seen them before!

GGG

• squirrellypete
    16 years ago

I'm a horrible dancer but I can snap my fingers with the best of em'. My first daylily sprouts from last year's seed crop are up today (they're so cute!). Waiting 3 weeks for them to sprout was painful....waiting 3 years for them to bloom will be downright torture!

Good job everyone! Even if there's a drought it's still gonna' be a green year....I can feel it.

Danielle

• esthermgr
    16 years ago

is it too late to plant a salad lettuce mix? I wish I was watching mine sprout but I haven't planted it yet. I just got the bed ready.

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Now is a great time to start salad mix!
    Today I sowed some flowers, lots of tomatoes (too many tomatoes, you traders!!), peppers. Lots of nice things. Many drought tolerant annuals.
    Lovely rain today, makes ya feel the gardening spirit...

GGG

• lucyatlanta
    16 years ago

Glad to know you are dancing GGG! I'm seeing crocus, lillies and hydrangeas sprouting -- so good to have spring weather and more daylight!

Lucy

• herboil
    16 years ago

You go girl! Sounds like a sexyily green garden to me.
    Makes me want to jump up and slap my gramma!( figurative!!_)

I wish there were some girls my age who get so excited about growing things as I.
    I got rasishes and lettuce and chamomile winter seeeds coming up like crazy too!
    Much love,
    Herboil

• squirrellypete
    16 years ago

Lol, maybe they're out there Herboil. I'm 26, not too much older than you and I've been excited about growing plants ever since I was a tot and all through highschool. Not the typical mall shopping boy-crazy teenage girl but that suited me just fine. My high school boyfriend never quite understood why I enjoyed playing in the dirt so much.

Heck, now my husband still doesn't quite understand what I get out of it but at least he came with 3 acres of land and he lets me do pretty much whatever I want on it so I can overlook his flaws!

Keep lookin' and I bet you'll find one. There may be a plant-crazy gardening girl hiding inside someone you meet but you just have to coax it out. Take any potential girlfriend to Calloway on a date, maybe that will tell you something!!

Danielle

• lzygrdner
    16 years ago

My peach tree is starting to bloom...(hope i attached the photo right)

http://flickr.com/photos/hsysyn/2329072376/in/photostream/

Harriet

• heavenscent
    16 years ago

I am too excited, everything is looking so good! It is so lovely to see the hydrangea buds swelling! I LOVE my tiny sedum sprouts and my five leaf akebia has a few flowers ready to pop open!

My biggest surprise this morning was that I have iris flower buds shooting up!!!! I transplanted them last year so they never bloomed and the best news is that they are PURPLE, my favorite!!!!

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Herboil,
    There are many young 20 somethings in East Atlanta who like to garden!!

GGG

Sponsored