Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am doing the happy dance, because...

Posted by girlgroupgirl 8 Atlanta (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 29, 08 at 16:08

My winter sowing sprouts are coming up!
So far the broccoli & dwarf gaillardia are up and growing! I expect much more to be up by early next week, what with the warmer days we are going to have.
WOO HOO! veggies, here I come! I can't wait for more home grown veggies and herbs.

GGG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am doing the happy dance, because...

• Posted by shot 8 - GA (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 29, 08 at 17:03

GGG - way to go girl!
Shot > clapping hands and stomping foot watching GGG dance :)

Shot

o

I second your yippee! Lettuce, spinach, larkspur galore. Peas went in yesterday, AND more rain to come!

Happy spring.

o

• Posted by jmzms z7 atlanta (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 1, 08 at 10:10

WOOOOOHOOOOOO! I'm doing a tiny wiggle (not a full blown dance yet) as I've seen the first sprouts of my lettuce coming up. I LOVE THE FIRST SIGNS OF FRESH FOOD!

o

I tried some beautyberry seeds, and I have sprouts!

o

Great goin' GGG. I have zinnia, peppers and tomatoes going strong. Oh, and some fig cuttings rooting nicely!
April

o

because I LOVE MY OGON SPIREA and I will now be thinking every spring for the next twenty years THERE'S MY BEAUTIFUL SPIREA, THANKS, GYNIS.

;)

o

Rose, I'm so glad your spirea survived the drought!! Mine did just fine and is simply LOADED with gorgeous white flowers right now. It is just lovely, best it has ever been.

Some things love a good drought! The daffadils have looked nicer than I have ever seen them before!

GGG

o

I'm a horrible dancer but I can snap my fingers with the best of em'. My first daylily sprouts from last year's seed crop are up today (they're so cute!). Waiting 3 weeks for them to sprout was painful....waiting 3 years for them to bloom will be downright torture!

Good job everyone! Even if there's a drought it's still gonna' be a green year....I can feel it.

Danielle

o

is it too late to plant a salad lettuce mix? I wish I was watching mine sprout but I haven't planted it yet. I just got the bed ready.

o

Now is a great time to start salad mix!
Today I sowed some flowers, lots of tomatoes (too many tomatoes, you traders!!), peppers. Lots of nice things. Many drought tolerant annuals.
Lovely rain today, makes ya feel the gardening spirit...

GGG

o

Glad to know you are dancing GGG! I'm seeing crocus, lillies and hydrangeas sprouting -- so good to have spring weather and more daylight!

Lucy

o

You go girl! Sounds like a sexyily green garden to me.
Makes me want to jump up and slap my gramma!( figurative!!_)

I wish there were some girls my age who get so excited about growing things as I.
I got rasishes and lettuce and chamomile winter seeeds coming up like crazy too!
Much love,
Herboil

o

Lol, maybe they're out there Herboil. I'm 26, not too much older than you and I've been excited about growing plants ever since I was a tot and all through highschool. Not the typical mall shopping boy-crazy teenage girl but that suited me just fine. My high school boyfriend never quite understood why I enjoyed playing in the dirt so much.

Heck, now my husband still doesn't quite understand what I get out of it but at least he came with 3 acres of land and he lets me do pretty much whatever I want on it so I can overlook his flaws!

Keep lookin' and I bet you'll find one. There may be a plant-crazy gardening girl hiding inside someone you meet but you just have to coax it out. Take any potential girlfriend to Calloway on a date, maybe that will tell you something!!

Danielle

o

My peach tree is starting to bloom...(hope i attached the photo right)

http://flickr.com/photos/hsysyn/2329072376/in/photostream/

Harriet

o

I am too excited, everything is looking so good! It is so lovely to see the hydrangea buds swelling! I LOVE my tiny sedum sprouts and my five leaf akebia has a few flowers ready to pop open!

My biggest surprise this morning was that I have iris flower buds shooting up!!!! I transplanted them last year so they never bloomed and the best news is that they are PURPLE, my favorite!!!!

o

Herboil,
There are many young 20 somethings in East Atlanta who like to garden!!

GGG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here