Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

Atlanta area GW plant trade - lets find a date.

girlgroupgirl
16 years ago

Hey All,

it's time to think about the Atlanta area GW plant trade.

Lets find a date, and then post on the "exchanges" side after that.

As for location, we can have it at my place if you like.

I'm thinking that April would be great for me. What about you?

April 12th, 19th or 26th?

If you'd like it at another location, that is fine too. Or another month, that is fine. I can't do anything here in May.

Thanks!

GGG

Comments (24)

• maypoplaurel
    16 years ago

This sounds lovely. Thank you for putting it forward. I'm new to the whole plant trade scene, so I'll just sit back and see how it works. Of course I hope to help (as in bring food and plants).
    Laurel

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just realized that April 26th is the Inman Park festival and that may not be a good day for me. I may need to work that.

GGG

• squirrellypete
    16 years ago

Oh yay! I was itching for this thread to be started but didn't know if I'd be jumping the gun lol. I'm in for probably any date ya'll pick.

I would think mid-April to the first week of May would be good. Any earlier might be pushing it a little for some plants, especially if we wind up with another late freeze like last year, but hopefully that won't happen.

Danielle

• vnginger
    16 years ago

Glynis,
    Thanks for starting this thread... Didn't know if we were going to have one with the drought!

Hope we don't schedule the 5th or 12th (Spring Break.) So I guess that leaves the 19th for me.

I am looking forward to it.
    Thanks.

• khanhly
    16 years ago

OK. Add my name to your list. It will be my first trade.

• turkeytaker
    16 years ago

Anything but the first week in June, for me.

I'm looking forward to it. :)

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

May 10th is the only day in May that could work for me to have the trade here that month. The first Sat. of each month is our plant sale at Holy Comforter and I won't let anything stand in the way of that, lol!

GGG

• vroomp
    16 years ago

I am not sure my wife will allow me to find a date for the trade but, I will ask anyway. I hope she doesn't hit me. April, May, June are all good for me.

• pam_3
    16 years ago

Ha Vroomp! you're funny. I think pretty much any date works for me. I'm going to give birth any day now (supposed to be a girl this time!), so I may have the little one in a papoose or something. So, my trading will be on the light side.

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pam, I'm sure it won't be difficult for you to find a spare arm for the little one so that you can trade "heavier", lol.

Best wishes for a happy baby!

GGG

• botanicat
    16 years ago

I'm up for any day except April 12. I don't know if I'll have a lot but I'll be working on that.

• WestEnder
    16 years ago

I'll be there! Just pick the date that works best for you, GGG. And let us know. And let us know all the dates of your Holy Comforter sales, too, if you will!

• Iris GW
    16 years ago

Pam, I hope all goes well with the delivery!

• vnginger
    16 years ago

Good luck, Pam with the delivery... post pictures!

• bmmalone
    16 years ago

hope the delivery goes well, Pam!

• WestEnder
    16 years ago

Just saw that April 26 is the 11th Annual Old Timey Seed Swap at Agrarian Connections Farm in Oglethorpe County. I don't want to miss that.

Here is a link that might be useful: 11th Annual Old Timey Seed Swap

• jmzms
    16 years ago

April 12th is the Spring Garden Expo at Chicopee Woods Agricultural Center (Hall County). I've taken the day off of work to go on the 11th, but wanted to bring it up in case some others might have plans to go to this on the 12th but didn't remember.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hall County Master Gardeners Plant Sale

• squirrellypete
    16 years ago

Hmm, it's looking like April 19 or May 3 are the only dates that haven't been objected to so far. I'm still good with either.

Danielle

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It'll have to be April 19th then, if it is at my house. May 3rd is out for here because it is the 3rd Holy Comforter plant sale date, and I need to be there!!

GGg

• squirrellypete
    16 years ago

D'oh! Forgot you just told us May 3rd was your sale. Blonde moment, sorry.

Danielle

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Plant trade thread is now on the exchange forum, please visit!!

GGG

• lucyatlanta
    16 years ago

April 19 works for me -- I'm in and looking forward to seeing everyone. --Lucy

• herboil
    16 years ago

I'm down for that thing. I can dig up any number of plants from my garden.

What we should do now is come up with WANT IT, HAVE IT, GOT SEEDS, and make a list.

Off the top of my head I have some awesome anisse hyssop, avocado tree seedlings, cilantro plants, many mint plants, oregano, echinacea and chamomile.

These are the plants that are growing well now( most outside) and that I can dig up or bring potted samples of.

Perhaps I have the time if a stone date is set so I can plan in advance... Post more exact details closer to time and maybe there will be a swell turnout!

• squirrellypete
    16 years ago

Herboil, if you go over on the exchange page the plant trade thread is being continued there and that's where you can post your want/have list. Usually once someone posts a list the others start piling in too! I gotta' go clean up all my beds and see what's growing so I can update mine.

Danielle

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!