Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joynme_gw

Willis Orchard Exposed. Ordered Grafted pecan, reveived UNgrafted

joynme
13 years ago

Willis Orchards Company faked selling un-grafted pecan trees to me in early December, and I'm still waiting for them to send me a refund after complaining to the BBB, the Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs in Georgia and the Georgia Department of Agriculture. Last week I received a follow-up call from a State official of Georgia stating that they had advised Willis Orchard to refund my $300.00 and had forced Willis to take down their false and misleading seedling ungrafted pecan tree advertising that claimed to be legitimate grafted pecans, which I noticed that he now has removed from his website.

On the weekend of December 10, 2010, I placed a pecan tree order with a lady named Cynthia at Willis Orchard Co for an Elliot pecan tree and a Sumner pecan tree, 10-12 feet tall and 1 1/2 inch cal. I arranged with Cynthia to buy the pecan trees on Saturday, the next day, during my trip down to Valdosta to visit with my girlfriend. Cynthia said no checks could be accepted on pick-up orders and I should bring $300.00 cash and she wouldn't charge me Georgia Sales tax. The pecan trees were priced at $150.00 each.

On arrival at Berlin, Ga. Cynthia gave me a bill for $478 that was considerably higher than our phone agreement for $300.00 cash money. Cynthia went into the owners office, and after a few minutes they both came out. The owner tore up the $478.00 bill and angrily threw it into a trash can adding no comment, but they took my $300.00 cash with no apology, and my truck was swiftly loaded with the pecan trees. The whole ordeal was very shady and tricky, and I left them all looking at me suspiciously and guiltily at my departure.

When I arrived home my friend who had considerable experience in gardening examined the pecan trees and laughed pointing to the Willis Orchards invoice showing that they sold me Sumner pecan and Elliot pecan trees, but they actually had sold me fake un-grafted pecan trees. I sent a copy of the invoice and other evidence of their misdeed to the BBB, Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs and the Georgia Department of Agriculture.

After searching pecan trees on Willis Orchards website I found that they stated they did not even sell "wild" seedling pecan trees and that "Willis Orchard Company only offers fine paper-shell grafted pecan trees." Further stating that, " Wild seedling trees are of less value!" I wonder why Willis orchard Company has not been closed down for false advertising, deceptive practices ad overcharging customers. My own misfortune of being a victim of Willis orchards dishonest schemes has been a very unpleasant hassle and flim-flam operation, perhaps one that many others will experience, if they are unfortunate enough to buy from Willis Orchards.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County