Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frankielynnsie

Southeastern Flower Show

frankielynnsie
13 years ago

Has anyone gone to the flower show this year? What were your favorite areas?

Comments (11)

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

I went today. Spent most of the day browsing in the bookstore and listening to the speakers. P.Allen Smith and Walter Reeves are my favorites!
    Boy, was it crowded - more then ever. Soaking in freshness of flowers and greenery made my day. Spring is here, ya'll! :)

• botanicat
    13 years ago

I went Friday also. Enjoyed seeing the displays of flowers and vegetable growing together and of course the speakers. And I always shop the dahlias, bulbs, and heirloom seeds at the D. Landreth Seed Co. vendor booth.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

I can no longer get to the Flower Show. It is no longer very accessible to alternative transportation. Too bad.

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

GGG,
    next year when I go - I will be glad to pick you up, so we can ride together - will be fun. Wish I knew this year...

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Thanks NatalieB, that is kind of you. Moving the whole production means I would not be able to help display anymore. I enjoyed that, and someday was hoping to have my own display.

I would like to add that this year, Westender who is occasionally on this forum had two photographs chosen to be exhibited and judged. I have not yet heard from her how she faired, but that is quite a feat for an amateur photographer who has never entered in anything before! There were over 600 applications and just over 100 were accepted, and she had TWO photos accepted!

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

I especially enjoyed the photo exhibit - did not know about Westender, so did not pay attention to who is who - hope she did well. Love photography! This is such an art to see what others don't notice, and present it for everyone to enjoy in a form of a photograph.
    I have been crawling with my little camera in a garden, marveling on little green plants pushing through mulch - such joy!
    ~Natalie

• frankielynnsie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I went 2/26. It seemed smaller than the last time I was there-2 years ago. But I still found several things I would like to attempt. There was the cutest fairy garden in a concrete bird bath top. I have an old one that has eroded on the bottom and would work great for this. Can't wait! I got one of the shovels they were selling and look forward to using it. They are coming out with a hand shovel in the next year or so and if the regular size preforms well I definitely will get one.
    The photography exhibit was great and the orchids-but I am an orchid killer. Between this weather and the show I have been infected w/spring fever.

• frannyflowers
    13 years ago

I went on Sunday. I also noticed it was smaller again this year. It's been shrinking each year and is probably half the size it was a few years ago before the drought. But still very nice. So many beautiful displays. I especially enjoyed the window boxes and doorways. Also the Home Depot veggie planters were really cute. Lots of creative inspiration! Like Natalie I didn't pay attention to who was who in the photography exhibit but there were some gorgeous photos. Really enjoyed it!

• rosiew
    13 years ago

frankielynn, did you buy a KOMBI shovel? If so, you are going to love love love it.

GGG - Cobb County Transit goes into Atlanta and probably goes to the Galleria or whatever it's called.

• frankielynnsie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I got a spearhead spade, long handle. They had sold out so I am waiting for it to be sent. I can't wait!

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

I called the transit system here, estimated time to Cobb Galleria is 3 hrs. travel from my place on transit. That's 6 hours travel in one day. I could be to Savannah and back by then!

Sponsored