Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody covering stuff up tonight?

Posted by pam_3 GA 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 08 at 20:46

I've got a pretty wonderful Daphne in bloom, and I was wondering if I should cover it up tonight. It's in a fairly protected spot. I'd sure hate to lose those fragrant blooms, tho. Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody covering stuff up tonight?

Protection is not necessary. This is one of the Winter blooming Daphne species, hardy to Zone 7 (about 0F).
Rb

o

Thanks Rb. I've got my PJ's on, and figured it just wasn't going to happen. I'm off to bed.

o

I love this Land.
I love the Lady.
I love the Layout of luscious levies lustrously letting me enLighten them
The lavender lilies and jasmine long for the lustful scents elongated from the land.
I loathe the languish of cold!
Long live the layers of loving life.

o

Happy St. Valentine's Day everyone!
It's clear and cold everywhere in GA this morning.
All reporting stations are at or below freezing, except Brunswick(34F) and it may reach freezing by sunrise.
Just a reminder that winter is not yet finished with us!
Looking forward to spring, just 35 days away, maybe I can warm up and get moving again!
I also enjoy the fragrance and flowers of Daphne odora. Have 5 near my front entrance, 3 near the rear driveway and one on patio (potted). They, along with dozens of Hellebores, brighten up an otherwise dreary landscape during the harshness of winter.

o

I covered newborn seedlings, tender vegetable plants. I had lost so many young vegetable plants during this winter that I just couldn't bear to think of it happening again, so I went out in 26 degree cold and spent an hour covering a garden bed with straw mulch and cardboard.

Then I forgot to bring in my lemon verbena plant and a really nice houseplant from the porch, and both of them seem to have bit the dust. It was 23 degrees the next morning. I guess I can't remember everything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here