Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vintage Roses in Atlanta?

Posted by karma4111 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 12, 09 at 9:10

Does anyone know of a nursery in the Atlanta area that has a good selection of Antique Roses? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vintage Roses in Atlanta?

Karma, Habersham should have a few, but nobody has a very big variety at all. I'm working on it. My future plans are to propagate some of my antique roses. I order from The Antique Rose Emporium in Texas and the roses that come are GORGEOUS. I'm almost ready to get a few more. I think that for the size, which will bloom a few blooms this year, and then be beautiful next year - I think for the size they are worth the price.
Ashdown Roses is also moving just 3 hours from Atlanta by the fall I think!! I'm so excited about that.

GGG

o

Roses unlimited in Laurens, SC is a great nursery to order from. Wonderful selection of Old Garden Roses and others.

o

• Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 16, 09 at 22:21

Is $20 per rose a typical cost for online nursery roses? Would you pay less at a nursery that you could drive to and take plants with you?

RU charges $16 to $19? or $18 per plant and then the shipping is $3 (to GA) per plant and $5 per order. This seems high, but I'm completely a novice at buying roses, so I could be completely off.

o

Vintage Roses in California is a great mail order source for old garden roses. The shipping for us here in Georgia is high. However, if you are planning to buy a dozen or so, it can be affordable. The shipping is the same for one rose up to 4, so it's worth it to order 4. They also have specials where if you buy 4 you get one free. The last time I ordered, I picked out 8, got 2 free, which gave me 10. But since the shipping for 10 was the same as 12, I added two more (see how they enable you?). The shipping was about $42, but divided among 12 roses, it's not that high. Plus you get two free roses and many of the roses were $7.50 (these are bands, which are small). The entire order was something like $140, but for a dozen roses...not bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here