Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the pottery (GONE???)

Posted by moochie z7 GA (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 23, 08 at 12:40

folks, made my 2hr springly trip to purchase pots / plants / birdhouses / thermometers / hose holders, etc at my commerce ga one-stop center....and...it's .... GONE?? (although wl be back smaller in fall/08). question??

where's the best substitute in Atlanta metro area .. either north or south... for discounted things above.

any ideas?

thanks,
mooch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the pottery (GONE???)

• Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 24, 08 at 19:51

that is a real shame, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that store...My neice and I happened upon a store like it (and it also had a similiar name) I"m going to scratch my brain and figure out what it was called...I can see it in my head...it's off of 85 and it would be South of the airport (not sure how far) I'll post again if I can think of the name of it...we were actually searching for another store (which is actually off of 75 as it turns out..and found this one instead...now the other one (cant think of it's name either, darn it) had alot of cool stuff too..I'll get back to you.

o

I think this is it. But not near the variety as Commerce.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Time Pottery

o

• Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 26, 08 at 12:37

yes, that's it old time pottery...and there is one other place too...still racking my brain on it.....

o

Some of the names I've heard, are:

Pottery Barn
Four Seasons
Pottery Imports
Craven's (Owner of The Pottery near Commerce, but think they have (had) an outlet in Atlanta, near mid-town.

I usually haunt a couple of Big Lots in early Spring to find large pots and such. You have to buy them when you find them or they will be gone if you wait a few days and go back.
Rb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here