Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hubby's ingenuity

Posted by flopsy 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 08 at 17:07

A neighbor "loaned" us a small veggie garden spot to expand ours. Hubby and I, along with 8-year-old grandson, just finished planting some of the rows in corn, okra and squash. We planted by hand, but the handiest thing was this "planter" hubby designed. He took a piece of pvc pipe and a small plastic soft drink bottle, cut off the bottom of the bottle and put the top (minus lid, of course) down into the pipe and taped it in place. We dropped a couple seeds at a time into the bottle and with the other end of the pipe in the planting spot, the seeds fell right into place without having to bend over. For folks like me with back problems, it was a dandy solution. Just thought others might benefit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hubby's ingenuity

Thanks, it's a great idea!

o

Wow! Ditto on being a great idea! I injured my back last summer and am still having problems...might just have to try that.

:) Beverly

o

I used the same technique for applying milky spore grub control on our lawn. What a back saver!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here