Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marc Richardson

Posted by denise_who 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 08 at 18:32

Forgive me if this has been posted earlier and I missed it. Marc Richardson, co-founder and co-owner of Goodness Grows Nursery, in Lexington GA passed away from lung cancer in early February. Last night (Saturday) they held a very moving tribute to him at the State Botanical Garden in Athens. Marc and Rick introduced a lot of wonderful plants to the trade. Among them Verbena 'Homestead Purple,' Dinathus 'Bath's Pink' Chrysanthemum 'Ryan's Daisy' (also the yellow and pink forms),Veronica 'Goodness Grows,' Lantana 'Miss Huff' and a number of others. Anyone who likes to garden, and all of us in the trade, owe a debt of gratitude to them for pioneering and professionalizing the perennial nursery industry here in Georgia. Those of us who came after had a much easier road following their generous footsteps. Marc fought his disease with the same blend of grace and determination he used in developing one of the best plant businesses in the south. He kept his humor and his love of life always. There is a memorial to him on their website. He will truly be missed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marc Richardson

http://www.goodnessgrows.com/id387.html

FYI

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here