Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yomamanem

This 'n that

yomamanem
15 years ago

Best Bargains so far: I found a coral bark Japanese Maple at Home Depot but (as usual) it had no price on it. I took it to check-out and the clerk got a "skew" from a lazy garden clerk and charged me $6.95. I told her that was wrong but she said that it was fine with her. (The same thing happened to me at Lowe's about 10 years ago. I have a treasured specimen Japanese maple from that $7 mistake.)

Home Depot has had annuals for 33 cents each this week. Everyone was loading up---but I am keeping them in my greenhouse until I think the last frost has occurred. Poor unsuspecting newbie gardeners are going to be planting tender stuff too early because they are available in the stores.

I have noticed that when the local stores and nurseries get their fruit trees in they are selling out very quickly. Our Master Gardener organization offered a vegetable gardening beginners seminar and 235 people signed up. Looks like folks are trying to grow some food during these difficult times.

Question: What fruits do you have that are successful? I am starting from scratch in a new house/garden. I have two apple trees, 5 blueberries, a fig and a persimmon. (apples: fugi and winesap)

Comments (6)

Sponsored