Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How can I get my Gerbera daisies to grow faster?

Posted by eisnerj North Georgia (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 22, 11 at 23:03

I planted some Gerbera daisies last year outdoors in full sun in north Georgia. They did great last year all through summer and started to come back this year in late February to early March. They have since stopped growing and the leaves are wilting and it is now late March. I have fed them once in February and once in March with all purpose Jack's Classic plant food. I have been watering them every day. Is there something I can do to help them grow? Should I stop watering or using plant food? Did they just sprout early and aren't supposed to grow until later?

Appreciate any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How can I get my Gerbera daisies to grow faster?

I have them and they are just coming up now. They only bloom in the summer.

o
RE: How can I get my Gerbera daisies to grow faster?

Gerbers don't like too much water! One inch of water once a week (or a nice rain) is plenty for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here