Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose retailers in the Metro Atl area?

Posted by mykidsmom 7b8a (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 0:49

Hi, everybody! Happy Spring!

I was wondering if anyone has seen any particularly nice looking roses (I'd prefer potted roses instead of bare root ones this late in spring). Any where in the Atlanta area, but especially in the Gwinnett/DeKalb areas (East of Atlanta). My dear husband surprised me today by digging up (and amending) a nice long bed (about 3' by 24') next to the veggie garden and I would love to find some nice roses and plan to interplant some other flowers for cutting. (I plan to use some Shasta daisies, glads, and dahlias, but I'm open to other suggestions, too!) Thanks!

And yes, I already know - and LOVE - the Loganville Growers Outlet - I swear I check their availability list almost every day! (Okay - I confess - I probably check it at least 3 or more times a day - but I don't want to sound obsessive!) I was just there last week, but didn't check out their roses because I didn't know I was getting this new bed - but I think they mostly have landscaping type roses like the Drift and Knock-out series - somebody let me know if they have any Hybrid Teas or Olde English/David Austin types, or Grandiflora or floribunda types!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose retailers in the Metro Atl area?

I also love Family Tree Nursery in Snellville. It's a bit of a haul from my place in Suwanee (good thing - I'd be in there every week!). Happy hunting.

o

Ditto Family Tree Nursery. Also Autumn Hill is a good source if you don't mind a drive. They do carry Austins. However they are in Woodstock, but worth the drive.

I belong to the Greater Gwinnett Rose Society and we were just at Family Tree. They have a lot of roses, mostly HTs. They are waiting on a big shipment. Our group may be back there the last Saturday in April to help people with rose purchases. Hope to see you there. Of course I couldn't be there without coming home with a rose. I got Gold Medal.

o

Thanks, y'all! I just called Family Tree about the new shipment of roses and was told they just got a bunch of 2 gallons in this morning! I'm heading over there tomorrow morning!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here