Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bagsmom_gw

plant suggestions anyone?

bagsmom
14 years ago

Hi gang! I spent the day in the yard yesterday -- it was just gorgeous out there! I worked in the big bed in our front yard. It runs along an old stone wall dividing our property from our neighbors. One edge of the bed (the wall side) is straight -- the other has lots of curves. I would say the light is bright shade, with more morning sun up near the front, which is to the East. I was noticing that it is looking messy, despite my efforts. I need to group plants together better -- AND realized almost everything is the same height. I have clusters of dutch iris, some stella d'oros, some oriental lilies, a nice cluster of purple balloon flower, anemones, some rudibekia that does great despite not being in full sun. THere's a birdbath in there, also 2 redbuds. It doesn't sound like everything would be the same height, but visually, it reads as everything being mid-thigh height. Do I need something TALL? What would it be? I'd even be willing to treat a tropical as an annual if it would give some punch. Maybe a banana tree? If I get my act together, I'll try to post a picture. Thanks!!!!!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus