Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vroomp

Is noone interested in a plant trade this year?

vroomp
16 years ago

I have noticed a total lack of posts in the exchange thread for the plant trade this April. Is noone interested?

Comments (11)

• danita
    16 years ago

Here is a link for the relocated Atlanta area trade for anyone who is interested:

Here is a link that might be useful: Atlanta Area Trade

• squirrellypete
    16 years ago

Hey Vroomp, I was starting to wonder the same. Normally we would have "HAVE" & 'WANT' lists approaching 100 replies this close to a trade date. I'm looking forward to it and I enjoy getting to see and talk to everyone but that's a LONG way for me personally to drive for only 1 or 2 trades and might not make much sense with gas being so high. Since I'm out in Alabama I was actually starting to have second thoughts about attending if there's only going to be a handful of folks.

Is there just not as much interest this year or does the date not work for alot of you?

Danielle

• turkeytaker
    16 years ago

I've had about 16 people email me for instructions and saying they're interested in coming, but no one seems to be posting their lists.

• squirrellypete
    16 years ago

You've been on the ball with hosting Turkeytaker. It's most certainly not for lack of effort on your part! I'm not sure what's going on this year, except of course for the folks who are still dealing with tornado damage. Maybe because of the drought last year people aren't as interested in planting and watering new plants this year??

Danielle

• jmzms
    16 years ago

I was definitely interested in it. I have already emailed Stacy directly, but life has once again gotten in the way of gardening. I have three other obligations that day and have to choose. Seems to happen to me every trade day.

Danielle~I think you might be on to something with the drought though. I know I've really cut back and had to rethink where I want to spend my 25-minutes-one-day-per-week-watering time. :-)

• Kathy Bochonko
    16 years ago

Well personally, I was interested, but since I had a friend of mine (yes she is a gardener) make me promise not to buy or even take another plant for free until I finish fixing the areas I am working on I think I should pass. I was told I am what she and her gardening friends affectionately refer to as a "plant whore." I like to think of myself as a collector. I often have to have a plant even though I have no idea where I am going to plant it. So anyway, I figure I am better off spending my time working on my yard. And the next weekend I am having a garage sale so figured it was best to pass this year. I will miss you guys though. The drought has definitely made me rethink my gardening priorities as well.

• turkeytaker
    16 years ago

You could always come, chat, and give away your plants, kathy. :P

• pam_3
    16 years ago

I'm still trying to decide. I've also had other stuff come up that weekend. The big thing, unfortunately, is back problems. I'm not sure I should dig anything up just now. It's awful!

• squirrellypete
    16 years ago

I posted on the exchange thread too but just wanted to let ya'll know I can't come after all. Looks like I've got company coming in this Friday.

Sorry to have to back out so close to trade. This will be the first Spring swap we've missed since we started coming. =(

Danielle

• turkeytaker
    16 years ago

Hate it when life happens, Danielle! Enjoy your company and we'll hope to see you next year. :)

• hdladyblu_2007
    16 years ago

i am fairly new to this forum,but have been gardening for about 30 years;have always had plenty of $ to spend on plants til now.last year ,hubby had massive stroke.now we are on fixed income [i had to quit work to care for him]and all i can do is cry when i look at plant catalogs.i don't dare go to nurseries or garden centers.i love to garden.it's in my soul,but i need some links to plant swaps or plants for free.any help would be so greatly appreciated.i live about 10 miles south of newnan.help!!!