Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rocking Chairs needed?

Posted by blazepepper Auburn, GA 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 21, 08 at 8:39

Hello, this may be a weird question, as its not really garden related, but maybe it is. I'm looking to purchase 2 rocking chairs for my front porch. At the big box stores they are $90-100, which was way more than I expected. I'm looking for White, Dark Brown, or Black. Anyone know anywhere where I can find a deal on a couple of wooden rockers? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rocking Chairs needed?

try Craigslist

o

WalMart on Hamilton Mill in Buford has some very nice-looking ones that are dark brown and are $78. They had 4 of them left this morning when I was there.

o
Oops!

I meant to add, the chairs are in the lawn and garden section near the checkout...

o

Publix offers some for 60 something dolars I believe - in white.

o

Here's a link I happened across on Craigslist today for two wooden rocking chairs. They only showed a photo of one so I'm assuming they are both the same but you'd have to ask first to be sure, you probably want them to be identical right? Not sure if you're the handy type but a nice coat of black or white semi-gloss or gloss paint on these would probably make them look brand new again. It looks like they're $50 for the pair but again, double check this. The wording is not specific.

I have no affiliation with the person who placed the ad.

Good luck in your search!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/fuo/3433419883.html

Danielle

Here is a link that might be useful: Craigslist rocking chairs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here