Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy Obelisks in Atlanta?

Posted by jlt37869 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 20, 10 at 11:55

Hi! I'm new to Atlanta and I'm looking for gardening structures. Where would I find a good selection of large items such as obelisks, arbors, trellis, etc? I'm looking for the sturdy stuff (maybe wrought iron or mexican metal), which I'm thinking might be at some local (non-chain) garden supply places?!

I have seen a couple of on-line suppliers, but would like to avoid shipping (and also check out in person before buying). Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jennifer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy Obelisks in Atlanta?

Good luck. I've not found a single thing like that. In Elijay we found an antique mall that has some lovely iron work upstairs. Great prices too. But that's it. You can call around to some garden centers, but Pike and Gardenhood don't have them. Maybe call Habersham to see if they have anything?

o

I'm in Marietta. I think this place is still considered Marietta. It's called Rustique and it is on Canton Road.

I have never been in, but there's a lot of merchandise outdoors. It is all metal work -- garden structures, yard art, etc.

Maybe call them and ask if they have what you need? It seems that they would!

Good luck!

o

I have two suggestions. When Lakewood fairground fleamarket closed down a few years ago, I think many of the vendors moved to a new location up Ga 400. I know that there were vendors who specialized in ironwork for the garden there and they may have moved with the market.

Another place where I have seen iron work is the Scott's market in Forest Park. Both of these markets are once a month; I think they used to be on the second and third weekends of every month. You might look them up online and find out if they still have vendors who sell what you are looking for.

o

Hill Street Warehouse just off Collier Road west of 75 has some interesting stuff - but it is not cheap!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hill Street Warehouse

o

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I'm going to venture out this week/weekend to see what I can find. I'm looking for something like the attached ,,, but lots cheaper!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Obelisk

o

jlt,
That which you are looking for is absolutely beautiful!
Sure hope you find what you're looking for.

Dora

o

OH, my! There's a price!!! It's beautiful but pricey. I bet custom would be less expensive than that!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here