Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't like the taste of pollen

Posted by opal52 z7b GA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 7, 10 at 12:53

Beautiful weather and I want to be outside in the garden, but thanks to the heavy pollen it's not possible. I don't have bad allergies, but the pollen here is so thick it looks like we are surrounded by green smoke. Try to speak outside and you get a mouthful of pollen. I learned I really don't like the taste of pollen.

I'm guessing it has been worse at some time, but I can't remember it. I hope the rain doesn't miss us tomorrow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't like the taste of pollen

How many calories do you suppose is in all the pollen I am ingesting? Not my favorite taste.

o

Have you all seen the video of the pollen cloud over Atlanta?
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/video/23079975/

o

For what it's worth, it's no better up here on top of the mtns. My property is nestled between about 3 sq. miles of pine thicket. So EVERYTHING round my house is a lovely sickly green-yellow. (wonder if it's a good soil amendment)

Too bad we can find a good use for pollen and kudzu..

o

Then, when it rains just enough to make the pollen run down the street, it mixes with the water, gets in your flip flops and is all slime. EWWWW

o

They were even mentioning it at the golf in Augusta. It's making the green sticky.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here