Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laylaa_gw

re: previous Bradford pear everywhere post

laylaa
14 years ago

There was an earlier post on all of the Bradford pears used in commercial landscaping. I was pretty amazed myself at how many are out there - BUT today I went through a strip mall parking lot and noticed a Wendy's (fast food - know nothing abut the place) and their landscaping appeared to be natives. They had huge, huge wax myrtles, really stunning specimens forming a thicket hedge left natural, and a lot of viburnums. Viburnums were show stoppers in bloom. Of course I don't know what type of viburnum but think they were dentatum (sure looked like mine) and located in a spot which would allow them to grow full size. You could not help but notice them, regardless of if you garden or not. They also had holly trees which look like yaupon (darn sure about that one). Not a nandina in sight. Nothing was pruned into little balls or box hedges yet it was all still very tidy. They did not have major landscaping, just carefully selected plants, multi season interest, low maintenance, brilliant landscaping for a busy parking lot right off 400.

It looked really flipping nice. A fast food place of all things. Thought I'd pass that one on after the Bradford pear post. Someone out there is different.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County