Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yomamanem

While working in my garden.....

yomamanem
15 years ago

1. I just had to plant the seedling tomatoes from my greenhouse out into the garden. It seems that I might lose some of them because they were a bit tender to take the hot afternoon sun. I'll see tomorrow. They may perk up.

2. I have two "seedling" Japanese Maples that were planted this last fall. They were supposed to be dwarf red. Both trees have multiple stems. One tree has one stem with red 7-lobed leaves and the other stems have bright green 5-lobed leaves. The other tree has green 5-lobed leaves rimmed with a tiny red border. They are supposed to be matched. (The owner of the nursery is coming by to look at them.????

3. How fast do Hinoki Falsecypresses grow?

4. I planted a coral bark Japanese maple in a location where it gets strong afternoon sun. It looked "wilty" today. I am going to see how it looks tomorrow because I don't want to lose it. It put out leaves and it has been doing well up until today. The soil is moist enough.

5. Have any of you seen signs of life in your Confederate roses, Angel trumpets or lantanas? Mine sure look dead.

My whole garden is new. Most everything is thriving. I can't bear to lose a single thing.

Comments (7)

Sponsored