Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potted plants?

Posted by aleighjc 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 21, 09 at 21:01

1. Alice du Pont Mandevilla
2. Barbara Karst Bougainvillea

I bought the two plants above and I'm wondering if it's possible to keep them in a pot on the porch. If they can handle staying potted? If so any ideas on what size pot????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potted plants?

Yes, they are perfect for porch pots. As they are annuals in our climactic zone, I imagine they wouldn't need to be all that much larger than the pots they came in. The question is really more one of water retention capability and resistance to wind than of getting potbound too quickly.

I have had a mandevilla in an 18 inch clay pot on our back porch for two years (bringing it in for winter), and it is looking fine. Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here