Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mk87_gw

Nothing Earth Shattering...Just Nice to See Spring Finally...

mk87
14 years ago

...isn't it? I don't think I've ever been as grateful to see the coreopsis or the candytuft since the day I planted them, as I have been this past week!

And, my catmint is going to be good I think, too! I put it in back in the late summer as a filler and figured if it gets too wet over winter and doesn't come back, well, so much for that. THEN, my husband accidentally backed his truck over them and smooshed the biggest one down under a big rock next to our driveway...

...and would you believe it? THAT'S the biggest one coming back up! Gotta love a microclimate...

Comments (6)

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

Things are popping up and out all over! This is truly a week of discovery: "oh, look, that came back too!" and "look what has flower buds this year - yippee!"

I think the only questionable things so far would be the crinums. They seem mushy, but I'm just going to wait and find out.

It's about time to trim back 'Miss Huff'. I already trimmed 'Annabelle' (and stuck a few clippings to root). In the meantime, this extra warm weather has me out there watering a few things.

Glad to hear your things are coming back well.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

Yep, its soooo exciting seeing all the new beautiful green growth on everything. I have some things I planted late last year that I didn't know whether they would come back or not and "yay" they did. Luuuuuv this time of year and so ready to see bunches of buds!! Hope everyone has a great spring!!!

• mk87
    Original Author
    14 years ago

esh -- Yes, I ACTUALLY took some water out to a couple of things this week too! And, I didn't mind! Hahaha... (Funny how things change, huh?) Good luck with the crinums...I hope they didn't rot...that's what I was concerned about with the items I mentioned. A couple of smaller plants did rot, I can't lie...but most everything else seems almost desperate to come up!

prettypetals -- I love the way spring LOOKS, but have allergies so I usually hate the way it FEELS. But, this year, I even welcome the itchy eyes...bring it on!!!

• bagsmom
    14 years ago

My nose is so stuffy, it's ridiculous! I am really sensitive to leaf mold, so the fall is tough. But guess what I've been out doing? I ran out of compost..... I have all my "green" kitchen waste, but no more "brown" like leaves.

I've been out in the minivan, running around the neighborhood and scavenging people's bags of leaves out by the curb. I got caught twice, and had to explain that I'm not a weirdo -- or rather, that I AM a weirdo -- just a compost-making weirdo.

I've been out with the mower, chopping the leaves up -- 8 giant bags so far. My sinuses are a wreck, but I have lots of fluffy brown stuff in the compost bin and now some free leaf mulch for the flower beds!!!!!!!

Gardeners are strange, sometimes!!!!!!!!! :)

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

Yes, the crinums are coming back. Some are coming out from the sides and the smaller ones are coming out of the top. Good news!

• mk87
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Apparently, I planted some African daisies last year... Do I remember this? Not really, but that's what I THINK these are, that are coming up in a pot I had literally THROWN OUT next to my garbage can, and it just hadn't made it to the curb yet.

Crazy. I hope they were purple ones.

LOL

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company