Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions on fertile fruit trees/veg. garden land around North

Posted by Johns_Gardens Georgia (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 22:33

My wife and I got into vegetable gardening a couple of years ago. We live in Johns Creek/Suwanee, GA area and have a small area behind our home to garden and we love it.

My wife is so passionate about adding fruit trees like apple, peaches, pear, pomegranate etc. into the garden but we don’t have enough space for it.

I am thinking about buying an acre or so 30mnts-1Hr from home so that we can plant some fruit trees etc. Please suggest a good fertile and reasonable priced area for buying lands. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions on fertile fruit trees/veg. garden land around No

"Reasonable" is subjective, but Lula and Homer are both off the beaten path a little bit and might be affordable. Also, Oakwood and Clermont are worth a look.

o

Thank you for the suggestion.

o

Any suggestion on the price range expected in Oakwood area.

o

Any suggestion on the price range expected in Oakwood area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here