Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Round French Zucchini - Bush or vine? Anyone knows?

Posted by roswell_organic (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 22, 10 at 23:26

I got some seed to try from a good friend, tried google to see if I can figure out if it is a bush type or vine before I plant it.
Found great reviews of the plant on google, but no description of the type - bush or vine.

Anyone has grown it?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Yara
Roswell GA Zone 7

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Round French Zucchini - Bush or vine? Anyone knows?

Does your cultivar have a name? One of the more popular is Round of Nice/ Tonda di Nizza which is a large bush. It will sprawl as much as 6 feet under good conditions.
Nizza 1

o
RE: Round French Zucchini - Bush or vine? Anyone knows?

Most all Summer Squash are Bush type. Winter Squash are mostly vining. The few summer vine exceptions that I can think of off the top of my head are listed below.

Zucchetta rampicante 'Tromboncino'
(www.superseeds.com)
This is the vining zuchini. As far as I know there are no vining yellow squash, pattypan squash or round zuchini. They are all Bush.

There are also the cucuzzi (rareseeds.com), which are an edible gourd. They are light green, elongated and are eaten like zuchini.

Also the tatume (victoryseeds.com) are round light green summer squash, that grow on a vine.

Territorial seeds has a vining zuke called Black Hawk.

Hope that helps!
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here