Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
weed ID in lawn

Posted by kelley4180 Atlanta (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 23:28

Hi, getting absolutely attacked by these this spring. I've noticed they really emerged in the fall after I planted some new grass, but I had to let them go as my fescue took very slowly last fall.

Was hoping to knock them out with broadleaf selective but they are winning the battle so far.

Anybody know what this is?

This post was edited by kelley4180 on Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 23:29

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: weed ID in lawn

I don't know but I have it all over my yard in my flower beds. Not in the lawn because we use pre-emergent. Better to prevent than to have to react.

o

I ran across a website with photos of common Georgia weeds the other day. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Georgia Weeds with Photos

o

That link locked up my computer.

o

That's strange. I've pulled it up on several computers and an iPad without any issues. You can also get there by visiting www.preen.com and looking under the Weed ID menu.

o

the photo does not provide great details but, from that distance, it resembles lawn burweed to me. does it have prickles?
might also be beggarweed, carpetweed or carolina geranium.

Here is a link that might be useful: try this site for i.d.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here