Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rhubarb

Posted by turkeytaker Atlanta (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 08 at 8:38

I've seen a couple of fleeting references in the great interwebs of rhubarb growing in Georgia, and I've started pining for it. Now my question is HOW it grows in Georgia.

Does anyone know if it does well or even alright here? Any particular varieties that do better than others?

Stacy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rhubarb

North GA not so well, anything farther down like Athens and lower, not much at all.

FL

o

That's what I figured. Oh, well, maybe when the next ice age sets in.

o

I found this website when searching for rhubarb in warm weather myself since I'm from MN and crave rhubarb and wanted to know how to grow it here. If it works in Texas, it might have a chance in GA.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rhubarb Texas style

o

Does anyone have any experiences to add?

o

I met a guy last year who told me to try older strains, grow them from seed, then let them go to seed and collect those seeds and eventually I would have bred a plant for my own yard. So that is what I'm trying! He said he does fine with his, which he bred this way. AM sun and PM shade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here