Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
English Daisies

Posted by donna447 7b-GA (My Page) on
Sat, May 22, 10 at 9:24

Last October I bought about a dozen English Daisies at Lowes from the discount rack. I had never seen them before, but planted with other winter annuals. They bloomed throughout the coldest winter we've had in awhile (better than pansies, snaps, dianthus), and these adorable pink, white and red little button flowers are still prolific. Does anyone know if they are perennials and if they will make it through the hot GA summer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: English Daisies

I had some and they did not appreciate our hot summers at all. They prefer cool summers and mild winters. If they recede, they might be back when it cools down. Mine did not but, I had them in full, blazing, roasting sun......

o
RE: English Daisies

Thanks for the response. We have had enough hot days that they started looking pretty puny. I tossed them, since I am running out of places to experiment with things. If they are available next fall, I will definitely get them again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here