Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmzms

What's Living in my Garden?

jmzms
13 years ago

So my garden has been neglected and everything is overgrown. Today was my day to go clean it up. I get to the bed that has my lettuce that is way past due to be pulled out, so I start yanking. As I pull it up, I see a clump of pinestraw and thought "what's that doing there?" and pull it out. Then there's more and without thinking I grab it. Then I see it....a small brown fuzzy creature curled up. Freaked out, I exit the garden. After all, it must be a rat's nest (Lord knows I've had my fair share of those critters around). And I've seen far too many movies where disturbed creatures jump out and attack your face, so no way was I doing anything else by myself.

I go get my neighbor to help me. I'll dig it out, but I want someone there to call the ambulance when the rabid rat attacks me. We start pulling back the rest of the nest and sure enough, he's still in there. Along with a few of his siblings.

But it wasn't a rat at all. It was baby bunnies!!!! Mama rabbit made her nest in the grocery store. Quite convenient for her. Quite inconvenient for me. :)

Oh well, I guess I'll plant around the nest. And certainly, I'll have to plant extra as there are now more mouths to feed. :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County