Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Chartreuse Shrubs that Holds Color

Posted by chezron 7bish (My Page) on
Fri, May 21, 10 at 10:26

I am looking for a chartreuse shrub, hopefully around four feet high. I know in our summer heat many chartreuse plants fade to green. Are you aware of any shrub that stays relatively yellow through the summer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Chartreuse Shrubs that Holds Color

for sun to part sun, there are several spiraeas with yellow to chartreuse foliage. 'goldmound', 'goldflame', 'magic carpet' are some. see the link below.
for a more shady spot, the cultivar 'little honey' is a more dwarf form of the native oakleaf hydrangea with yellow foliage that matures to chartruese. you will probably have to order this one as it has not reached the box-store garden center markets yet, that i know of.
here is a link for that one:
http://www.hydrangealittlehoney.com/images.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: spiraeas

o

There are some chamaecyparis that stay gold like sungold. Chose the brightest ones. I have 3 that are very yellow and one that is greenish. It was a little green when I bought is and it hasn't gotten as yellow as the others.
Also, there is the smokebush, golden spirit that has stayed chartreuse. Scottsdale Farms had them.
The tiger eye sumac is doing well but is deciduous.

o

Thanks Steve, because i want Golden Spirit and Tiger Eye sumac!!

I have Ogon Spirea. Taller than your desired height and decideous but it's beautiful and golden from late winter to late fall.

o

Beautybush 'Dreamcatcher' and Fullmoon Maple

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here